A last call to the weak minded

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
"Tim Hudak scares me," says Kathleen Wynne.

A mantra used by the Chretien and Martin governments in the throes of numerous scandals that eventually unseated their Party from triple majority status and eventual minority.

Kathleen Wynne may well take the Liberals back to Queens Park, but it will be in another minority capacity. Anyone that votes for this corrupt party should give their head a shake. You would be better off to cast your vote with the NDP than the corrupt Wynne Government.

They have turned Ontario into a Have-not Province and it's only going to get worse from here. Three majorities and one minority later they are still blaming their predecessors. I can't even fathom how anyone could swallow that Koolaid.

Good luck Ontario, you're going to need it.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I believe James Whitney (Conservative - in a time when Conservatives actually worked for the people) made Ontario a "have" province when the Hydro Electric Power Commission of Ontario was formed to provide power at cost to the people of Ontario - thus giving Ontario industry its competitive advantage.

Hydro's crushing debt is the result of the 1970's expansion into nuclear power and cost over-runs. No questions of cancellation costs were ever raised when Bill Davis (Conservative) downsized Darlington and cancelled Wessleyville - but the debt was huge now.

Harris (Conservative) eliminated the debt only by deregulating and selling Hydro (along with the debt) out to the for profit sector - forever crippling Ontario as an industrial power and burdening consumers with the crazy rates business demands to pay accumulated debt and remain profitable. Without deregulation, green power would never have been an alternative.

...and the proof I'm right on the mark comes in the Wall's neg rep

Last edited:

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Do you preffer cherry or grape Count?

I think MF and BornRuff came out in flavour of Cherry.
Actually it's all Koolaid being served this time out.

the worse is the million jobs plan and Hudak's denial that the Liberals held the economy of Ontario quite well.

Fortunes are made daily, the upper middle class never knew it so good, the working poor still survive.

Hudak is a left over from the last vestige of Harris fame. There is no need for his job cutting strategy at this time.
Let this tool of the trade be left in the tool box where it belongs.

When we need draconian cuts I'm sure someone will fill his shoes and he or she shall have their moment in the sun, but not now.

Hudak was given the right koolaid to sell at the right time and he wears it well.

Should this not be in the official thread or something? lol.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
speaking of kool aid.

OH YEAH!!!!

But yeah... I'd vote NDP too.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014

OH YEAH!!!!

But yeah... I'd vote NDP too.

Actually I'm starting to think Horvath is the only one who is not conning us.

Hudak is selling stuff his own party faithful know is BS.
Wynn is plagued with a party that got caught.

How do you vote for either of those and be true to yourself.

I don't think I can.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I really dislike the Greens but I would prefer them to a Tory government in Ontario
or Canada or BC or anywhere. As long we keep the Tories out of government
that is the main object of the game

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
I really dislike the Greens but I would prefer them to a Tory government in Ontario
or Canada or BC or anywhere. As long we keep the Tories out of government
that is the main object of the game
The problem lies in the fact there are no more Tories.
The Reform ate them, conned the leader of the Tory party into signing a piece of paper which gave it all to a bunch of right wing nuts laced with racists and morons .

I recall the early days of the reform movement when racism was an issue they were trying to "Play Down".
That being said I still think Preston Manning would have made a great Prime minister , but alas , he is forever forgotten.
His protege Harper is no longer following Preston's paradigm.