I'd never heard of Tory Senator Don Meredith


tay
#1
Tory Senator Don Meredith Touts Degrees From Unaccredited Schools








A Conservative senator earmarked as one of the Senate's top spenders (external - login to view) holds a master’s degree from a school whose phone number directs calls to a customer helpline for a website that sells iPads and printers.


Senator Don Meredith, a Toronto-area Pentecostal pastor, has a master's degree in religious studies from California State Christian University (CSCU) – an unaccredited and unregulated private institution that has shifted addresses at least four times within the last 10 years.


It’s an academic claim that has caught the attention of the office of the top Tory in the Senate and triggered a request for Meredith to provide details of his credentials, more than three years after his appointment to the red chamber by Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Meredith also says he has an honorary doctorate from an association of Christian counsellors that has no standing as a degree-granting school. Since receiving this honorary doctorate, Meredith frequently signs his newsletters and press releases (external - login to view) as “The Honourable Dr. Don Meredith."

The Huffington Post Canada has learned that the leader of the government in the Senate, Senator Claude Carignan, asked Meredith about his credentials in March but Meredith's office refused to produce records of the degrees he lists in his online Senate biography. (external - login to view)
Carignan would not comment on questions about Meredith’s degrees, citing private “caucus management” reasons.


"But when someone tells you they are a doctor in something, well, only doctors can say they are doctors,” he said.




Tory Senator Don Meredith Touts Degrees From Unaccredited Schools (external - login to view)
 
tay
#2
Tory Senator Don Meredith Stops Calling Himself A Doctor






Conservative Senator Don Meredith appears to have given up on using the title "Dr." after a HuffPost Canada investigation (external - login to view) revealed that his post-secondary credentials are from unaccredited institutions.


Meredith usually uses the "Dr." title in his press releases, but it was conspicuously absent from a statement issued Friday.




Meredith says he has an honorary doctorate from an association of Christian counsellors that has no standing as a degree-granting school. He also has a master's degree in religious studies from California State Christian University, an unregulated and unaccredited institution. The school's phone number directs callers to a customer helpline for a website that sells iPads and printers.


Meredith has not responded to requests for comment from HuffPost.


The Senator was lampooned (external - login to view) by NDP MP Charlie Angus in the House of Commons on Tuesday.


"Now, he may be a loyal Conservative but he's no doctor," Angus said. "And if you call the unelected Dr. Don's number, well, you don't want to go there."


The Vaughan Citizen reported Monday that the 1-800 number listed on Meredith's business card leads to a sex chat line (external - login to view).


Meredith was appointed to the Senate in 2010 on the advice of Prime Minister Stephen Harper after running unsuccessfully as a Conservative in a federal byelection in Toronto Centre in 2008.




Tory Senator Don Meredith Stops Calling Himself A Doctor (external - login to view)
 
Nuggler
#3
Slowly but relentlessly the steaming piles of sh*t are being swept to the middle of the floor, in preparation for "the great cleansing" of 2015.
 
tay
#4
Never heard of this guy either.........How about he apologize to the taxpayers first............








Apologize to Senate for giving contracts to your girlfriend, committee tells Tory lawmaker






Another Conservative senator is facing sanction in the upper chamber, this time over the awarding of work contracts to a girlfriend.


The Senate ethics committee’s report into Sen. Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu recommends that he apologize on the floor of the chamber for breaching conflict of interest rules and not acting quickly enough to fix the situation.


The committee wants Boisvenu to apologize for failing “to prevent a real or apparent conflict of interest from arising and the resulting impact on the public confidence and trust in the integrity of each senator and in the Senate.”


Boisvenu is one of the government’s key spokesmen in the Senate on law and order issues. He became a victims’ rights activist following the murder of his daughter in 2002.


He has been open about the emotional turmoil that the relationship with Lapointe caused, telling reporters in 2013 he was torn between his wife and his girlfriend.


more

Apologize to Senate for giving contracts to your girlfriend, committee tells Tory lawmaker | National Post






 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#5
He's a senator.

It is expected that Senators bilk taxpayers for millions to take naps all day.

Simple solution: get rid of the senate. Waste of taxpayers money.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
Elect senators. Have set terms and set rules. Make breaking the rules a criminal offence.
 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+1
#7
I always thought Don Meredith was an average quarterback when he played for the cowboys but loved him as a commentator on Monday night football with Frank and Howard..

"Turn out the lights,,the party's over",,,,,
 
tay
#8
A controversial Conservative senator has been expelled from his party’s caucus following allegations in a published report that he was having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl.


An official in the Prime Minister’s Office says Sen. Don Meredith is no longer a member of the Tory caucus.


News of Meredith’s expulsion came shortly after the Toronto Star posted a report online saying that a woman claims to have had a sexual relationship with Meredith that began shortly after she turned 16.


The Star report said the woman, who is now 18, had sexually explicit online chats with Meredith and that the relationship progressed to kissing and touching before she turned 18.


She also says the pair had intercourse twice after she turned 18 before Meredith broke off the relationship earlier this year.


The woman says Meredith initially believed her to be 18, but that she told him her true age within six weeks of the pair’s first meeting at a Black History Month event at a church in Ottawa.


The Star story says that in Canada, the age of consent for sexual relations is 16, except in cases of a relationship of authority, trust or dependency, when it increases to 18.


Meredith — who was appointed by Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2010 — has not responded to direct allegations that he had an improper sexual relationship with a person under the age of 18.


A CTV News report earlier this month said Meredith is facing allegations from staff members of verbal abuse, sexual harassment and bullying, and has been subject to what the Senate calls a workplace assessment since February.




more




Controversial senator Don Meredith expelled from Conservative caucus - The Globe and Mail
 
spaminator
#9
Sen. Don Meredith, one sex probe down, two to come | BONOKOSKI | Canada | News |
 
Mokkajava
+1
#10
Oh geeze.... just expel or fire him already. What a disgrace.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#11
Put him in a boxing ring with Brazeau. The winner gets to keep his entitlements.
 
spaminator
#12
Sen. Don Meredith admits to ’moral failing,’ but won't resign
 
Mokkajava
#13
Now he cries racism??

This man gets more abhorrent ever time I read about him. And he says he broke no laws... but has self admitted to sleeping with two teenage women?
Please Senate....do something right and dismiss this man. Make me believe you have some value.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
#14
pedophiles like to use racism for everything they can
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#15
He has six years in. Must be time to collect his golden pension.
 
TenPenny
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by MokkajavaView Post

Now he cries racism??

This man gets more abhorrent ever time I read about him. And he says he broke no laws... but has self admitted to sleeping with two teenage women?
Please Senate....do something right and dismiss this man. Make me believe you have some value.



Is sleeping with teenage women against the law?
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#17
"Is sleeping with teenage women against the law?"

Yes. From what I've read, if the teenager is not 18 years old, and you are in a position of power or trust.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
#18
If he was grooming her just so he can bang her then i think that counts as unethical. I guess the senate is un-ethical now... :P
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#19
And now he's playing the race card...

What a disgrace. This guy gives real victims of racial injustices a raw deal.
 
Remington1
+1
#20
No surprise here, sexual predators usually don't have much integrity!! One does have to ask how the pretend doctor became a Senator in the first place, who validated his credentials?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

No surprise here, sexual predators usually don't have much integrity!! One does have to ask how the pretend doctor became a Senator in the first place, who validated his credentials?

Mike Duffy.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
#22
Those crazy senators. Wasnt there an open application to be one awhile ago?
 
White_Unifier
#23
I don't shoot heroin in public parks where everyone can see me. Oh, and I don't solicit women for sex publicly where everyone can see me either. Does that qualify me for a Senate seat?

No!

Why not?

Because you're overqualified.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#24
Couple of things Don has been around for awhile surprised you didn't hear.
He is one of the social conservatives what do you expect.
It should also be pointed out a title does not mean you are smart it means
you have a title. Its what you do with the title to make the world a better place.
Don chose to make his world a better place not the world and now he's in a
fish bowl he will drowned in
 
Durry
#25
He should claim he's a black Muslim, and Muslims are good with anyone over eight yr.

The Libs would then say it's all fine and that its just another example of islamophobia!!
 
White_Unifier
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

He should claim he's a black Muslim, and Muslims are good with anyone over eight yr.

The Libs would then say it's all fine and that its just another example of islamophobia!!

If you know a Muslim who's diddling an eight year old, have you reported it to the police yet?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by White_UnifierView Post

If you know a Muslim who's diddling an eight year old, have you reported it to the police yet?

Yeah, Durry ... or should I say "Ali" ... turn yourself in and get it off of your chest.
 
White_Unifier
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Yeah, Durry ... or should I say "Ali" ... turn yourself in and get it off of your chest.

It does raise questions on how he just happens to be in the know about a local 'Muslim' diddling little boys.
 
Kreskin
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

I always thought Don Meredith was an average quarterback when he played for the cowboys but loved him as a commentator on Monday night football with Frank and Howard..

"Turn out the lights,,the party's over",,,,,

Exactly. He was better in the booth than on the field.

Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

A controversial Conservative senator has been expelled from his party’s caucus following allegations in a published report that he was having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl.


An official in the Prime Minister’s Office says Sen. Don Meredith is no longer a member of the Tory caucus.


News of Meredith’s expulsion came shortly after the Toronto Star posted a report online saying that a woman claims to have had a sexual relationship with Meredith that began shortly after she turned 16.


The Star report said the woman, who is now 18, had sexually explicit online chats with Meredith and that the relationship progressed to kissing and touching before she turned 18.


She also says the pair had intercourse twice after she turned 18 before Meredith broke off the relationship earlier this year.


The woman says Meredith initially believed her to be 18, but that she told him her true age within six weeks of the pair’s first meeting at a Black History Month event at a church in Ottawa.


The Star story says that in Canada, the age of consent for sexual relations is 16, except in cases of a relationship of authority, trust or dependency, when it increases to 18.


Meredith — who was appointed by Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2010 — has not responded to direct allegations that he had an improper sexual relationship with a person under the age of 18.


A CTV News report earlier this month said Meredith is facing allegations from staff members of verbal abuse, sexual harassment and bullying, and has been subject to what the Senate calls a workplace assessment since February.




more




Controversial senator Don Meredith expelled from Conservative caucus - The Globe and Mail

Don also has an Honorary Doctorate from the Moe Howard Institute.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Elect senators. Have set terms and set rules. Make breaking the rules a criminal offence.


I'm not sure that you can set different laws for different people! You may be able to assign different penalties!
 
no new posts