Global News contributor’s vile comments on the death of Jim Flaherty

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The viciousness of the rabid Left was on full display yesterday with the passing of ex-Conservative Finance Minister Jim Flaherty, hi-lited by ghouls such as Karen Geier:

And when called-out for it, Geier doubled-down as this sampling of tweets show:

Normally I don’t put much effort in outing the average Lefty lunatic on Twitter as you would spend all day wasting your time and reacting to them is exactly what they love but Geier isn’t your average Lefty psycho.

Geier is a contributor at Huffington Post:

And Global News:

I’ll be filing complaints with both media organizations and will update their responses.
Update: Global/Shaw Media has responded to my complaint:
I would like to bring to your attention a series of vile tweets your contributor Karen Geier made about Jim Flaherty, conservatives and residents of Western Canada (see attached).
My hope in sending these to you is that Global/Shaw will disassociate from Geier and make it plain that there is no place for this kind of discourse within your organization.
I await your response.
Regards
—————————————————————
Dear Mr. Skoreyko,
Thank you for providing your feedback about Global News contributor, Karen Geier.
Global News accepts contributor material with a clear understanding that they are writing based only on their area of expertise. Contributors are vetted carefully for their expertise, focus and writing ability. They are not professional journalists, nor are they compensated for the content they provide. Nonetheless, we maintain that we are responsible for everything that we publish or broadcast. By posting articles from contributors we are associating them with Global News, an organization of professional journalists with a reputation for fairness and balance. Your comments will be shared with senior news managers who will decide appropriate action in this circumstance. Rest assured we believe in accountability, online and on-air.
Thank you again for your email.
Regards,
Sheila
Sheila Frise, Corporate Communications Coordinator
Shaw Media
————————————————————
Update: Full marks to Global/Shaw management for doing the right thing:

Hi Dean,
Karen Geier is no longer a Globalnews.ca contributor.
Thanks again for emailing us.
Troy
Troy Reeb
Senior VP, Global News and Station Operations Shaw Media

Global News contributor’s vile comments on the death of Jim Flaherty | BC Blue: One BC Conservative's view on it all...

and that, is that...for now.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Whether someone is left or right politically should not be the center of the story
when someone in the public eye is rude. I was not a fan of Jim's either as far
as parties go. He didn't do everything wrong either. The guy was pleasant to
talk to in public and he had a hell of a good sense of humor. Flaherty wasn't a
villain he was a finance minister and sometimes they have to make unpopular
decisions. Paul Martin it turns out did the right things that preserved the financial
stability we enjoy today as well.
It is not necessary to speak ill of the dead when they provided leadership in this
country. I do not approve of her comments and I do not approve of comments
that suggest liberal minded or conservative minded people are all rude sometimes
it comes from the mouths of both.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
There's no doubt Flaherty's death is being taken advantage of to score political points.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It certainly didn't take them long to distance themselves from her and her "classy" comments.