Wynne trying to muzzle opposition with gas plant legal threat

Locutus
Premier Kathleen Wynne has threatened legal action‎ against Progressive Conservative Leader Tim Hudak for what she calls “false, misleading and defamatory allegations” over new gas power plant revelations.

Wynne trying to muzzle opposition with gas plant legal threat: Tories | Toronto Star

mr wynn musta had a nerve touched.

mentalfloss
:Tories

BornRuff
+2
Making statements like the ones that he made without any proof to back them up is illegal.

There is more than enough for the opposition to work with on this issue without resorting to libel. It just seems to be another example of how Hudak has really done a poor job at trying to hold the government to account.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Premier Kathleen Wynne has threatened legal action‎ against Progressive Conservative Leader Tim Hudak for what she calls “false, misleading and defamatory allegations” over new gas power plant revelations.

Wynne trying to muzzle opposition with gas plant legal threat: Tories | Toronto Star

mr wynn musta had a nerve touched.

...cute... So ODD COUPLE of that ever happening....

petros
+2
The plants should have been crammed down throats. This NIMBY **** is a big part of why ON is turning into a shi.thole just like Queerbec.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
It just all sounds so funny from a guy who sat in both Harris and Eve's Cabinets - all through the period when Ontario Hydro was sold out - to be pointing fingers at that which he did.

petros
+1
Selling off Crown Utilities and Telecomm was the stupidest thing some Provinces have ever done.

You've gotta live with the problems that has created. It could have been stopped.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
...I'm never too crazy about mineral rights, timber limits and water rights. When they're gone, you've got nothing.

Locutus
+1
NDP walks out of legislature over Wynne’s absence

New Democrats stormed out of the legislature Monday because Premier Kathleen Wynne was on a trip to Sault Ste. Marie and not present to answer questions about a criminal investigation into the $1.1 billion gas plant scandal.

NDP walks out of legislature over Wynne’s absence | Toronto Star

Andrew Kimber ‏@AndrewKimber

No wonder @Kathleen_Wynne didn't come to Question Period today... The man who destroyed govt docs worked for her until this weekend. #onpoli

lone wolf
Free Thinker
I hope there's cameras rolling somewhere:

Lies, deceit, treachery.... The drama continues....

The Newest Adventure of OG

Maybe NDP had the idea. Who wants that stuff splashed on ya?...

Politics is all about the smoke screen. Distract until it doesn't matter any more....

petros
Have the needed Gigawatts been made up elsewhere yet? Want to buy some more SK uranium?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Do you think it would take THAT much to fire them off their donkeys, quit politikkin' and get down to the business of "How we gonna fix this mess?"..?

petros
Ya Wynne some and you lose some.

mentalfloss
Polls as of today:

Finally, we get just a little bit of clarity in Ontario. Polls have very rarely been in agreement of the situation in the province, but the latest Forum poll matched the previous poll from Nanos very closely. The two surveys gave the Liberals 35% to 36% support, the PCs 32% to 33%, and the NDP 25%. It makes for a nice, tight little grouping. For now.

With the aggregate levels of support, the Liberals would likely be able to win another minority government of 46 seats, with 36 seats going to the Tories and 25 seats going to the NDP.

ThreeHundredEight.com: Ontario

Calling an election now would be a complete waste of money and this would backfire on the opposition.

Don't take the bait folks.

Locutus
and what does this very close poll have to do with mr. wynne, what he did and why he's running from the heat?

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

and what does this very close poll have to do with mr. wynne, what he did and why he's running from the heat?

It is hard to say that Wynne or the party in general has "run" from this. The Premier already resigned over this situation.

Wynne has addressed questions about this head on. This latest thing is simply her saying that she wont stand for completely unsubstantiated accusations.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Because it will see-saw between preacher hands and grumpy teacher until election time because who knows what drama and theatrics the BS crew will come up with next to hide the fact that neither can admit they screwed us.

BornRuff
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Because it well see-saw between preacher hands and grumpy teacher until election time because who knows what drama and theatrics the BS crew will come up with next to hide the fact that neither can admit they screwed us.

What do you envision that election ad would look like? "We screwed you. Vote for me."

lone wolf
Free Thinker
The usual recess romp: "I'm better than you are N'ya-n'ya"

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

It just all sounds so funny from a guy who sat in both Harris and Eve's Cabinets - all through the period when Ontario Hydro was sold out - to be pointing fingers at that which he did.

Just so were clear. Dalton McGuinty was Premier from 2003 to 2013. That's Ten years or if you prefer, two and bit terms, before he decided to jump ship because he knew this criminal misappropriation of ONE BILLION tax dollars to secure seats in an election would have sunk him.

Harris and Eves cannot be blamed for this BS. Sorry, join us in the present.

Anyone that votes for these crooks is beyond stupid.

If your politics are left leaning you should vote NDP.

As for kathleen Wynne's Liberal Party, they should be thrown in jail for this crap.

One billion dollars to secure three Liberal seats.

CRIMINAL.

Premier of Alberta racks up a hefty bill for a dignitary funeral and gets shown the door.

Premier of Ontario steals a billion dollars out of the Ontario taxpayers pocket for political gain and some Ontarion's blame Harris.

When will the Have Nots wake the F Up?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Just so were clear. Dalton McGuinty was Premier from 2003 to 2013. That's Ten years or if you prefer, two and bit terms, before he decided to jump ship because he knew this criminal misappropriation of ONE BILLION tax dollars to secure seats in an election would have sunk him.

As for kathleen Wynne's Liberal Party, they should be thrown in jail for this crap.

CRIMINAL.

Premier of Alberta racks up a hefty bill for a dignitary funeral and gets shown the door.

Premier of Ontario steals a billion dollars out of the Ontario taxpayers pocket for political gain and some Ontarion's blame Harris.

Let's be just as clear.... Ontario Hydro became a mish-mash of crown corporations in 1999, so yes, I can blame Harris for HIS part in this just as much as I blame McGuinty for HIS OWN part. Hudak mouths Wynne was in the upper reaches of McGuinty's government and pooh-poohs away his own exhalted position within Harris'. Neither one is blameless and both should be hung out to dry. You CAN read can't you - as in the words written and not those you want to debate. I don't need you or any other mouth breather to tell me where to place my vote.

What difference does it make if the Kool-Aid's red or blue if it's made with barnyard run-off?

BTW... This ain't Alberta

Locutus
+1
Lying Sleazebag McGuinty Says Lying Sleazebag Wynne As Incompetent As He Is - Both Know Nuffin Bout No Emails

Dalton McGuinty has broken his silence of the last three days, telling the Star it’s “ridiculous” to think Premier Kathleen Wynne could have known about wiping clean computer hard drives when he didn’t.

The former premier told the Star in a telephone call from Harvard University on Monday he was surprised as Ontarians were to learn his former chief of staff, David Livingston, was being investigated by Ontario Provincial Police for breach of trust.

“I found out about those allegations along with Ontarians at the end of last week,” McGuinty said of the Thursday bombshell that rocked Queen’s Park.

What a liar

Dalton McGuinty breaks silence amid gas plants furor | Toronto Star

Retired_Can_Soldier

Let's be just as clear.... Ontario Hydro became a mish-mash of crown corporations in 1999, so yes, I can blame Harris for HIS part in this just as much as I blame McGuinty for HIS OWN part. Hudak mouths Wynne was in the upper reaches of McGuinty's government and pooh-poohs away his own exhalted position within Harris'. Neither one is blameless and both should be hung out to dry. You CAN read can't you - as in the words written and not those you want to debate. I don't need you or any other mouth breather to tell me where to place my vote.

Oh give me a break!

Mouth Breather! ROFLMAO.

Go ahead vote for who you want man. I don't care.

I have criticized the Harris government in the past. ie: 407 ETR.

But Dalton McGuinty spent his whole career as PM blaming everything on the Harris Government and I'm afraid that just doesn't wash anymore. That would be tantamount to me blaming the Jean Chretien for the disgusting way Harper's Conservatives are now treating our veterans. It's a deflection nothing more.

The Liberals have made a real mess here.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Agreed.... They've made a mess. It's easy to do when you're handed one and the pocket mine's been drained

BornRuff

CRIMINAL.

Lets be clear, there is nothing criminal about spending money to cancel a power plant project.

It wasn't even just a Liberal policy choice. Tim Hudak stood in front of one of the site and said it was "done.....done, done".

Tim Hudaks Power Plant Promise Done done - YouTube

Spending money to win votes is exactly what parties do. Every single penny that they spend, they do so hoping to win over voters so that they can hopefully keep their jobs.

The criminal aspect comes into play in what might have been done to cover up the costs.

Liberalman
+1
Gas plants that the PCs said they will get rid of if elected. I hope this goes to court but like the Right to Work PC leader Timmy will scurry away.

Muzzle or get thrown under the bus is a Conservative tradition just ask former Ontario PC MPP Peter Sherman

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Lets be clear, there is nothing criminal about spending money to cancel a power plant project.

It wasn't even just a Liberal policy choice. Tim Hudak stood in front of one of the site and said it was "done.....done, done".

Tim Hudaks Power Plant Promise Done done - YouTube

Spending money to win votes is exactly what parties do. Every single penny that they spend, they do so hoping to win over voters so that they can hopefully keep their jobs.

The criminal aspect comes into play in what might have been done to cover up the costs.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Gas plants that the PCs said they will get rid of if elected. I hope this goes to court but like the Right to Work PC leader Timmy will scurry away.

Muzzle or get thrown under the bus is a Conservative tradition just ask former Ontario PC MPP Peter Sherman

BornRuff

Lol, so knowing what is and isn't a crime makes me a sheep?

You got the same problem as Hudak. There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about. Making stuff up is just lazy.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuffView Post

Lol, so knowing what is and isn't a crime makes me a sheep?

You got the same problem as Hudak. There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about. Making stuff up is just lazy.

No. You are a sheep. You follow the other sheep. If the Liberals told you that eating Goat *** was good for you would put on a big smile and bib. You along with the rest of the people who suck this is are enablers to criminal activity.

It is not legal to use taxpayer money to secure seats in an election. If the investigators get to the bottom of this there will be charges, but probably no major ones, they'll just toss one of the sheep like yourself under the bus and why not. You belong to a pretty big herd. What's one less moron?

BornRuff

No. You are a sheep. You follow the other sheep. If the Liberals told you that eating Goat *** was good for you would put on a big smile and bib. You along with the rest of the people who suck this is are enablers to criminal activity.

It is not legal to use taxpayer money to secure seats in an election. If the investigators get to the bottom of this there will be charges, but probably no major ones, they'll just toss one of the sheep like yourself under the bus and why not. You belong to a pretty big herd. What's one less moron?

This is simply false. That is all that any party does during an election.

They promise to cut this tax, build this project, start this program, scrap that program. All of those things cost money, often many billions of dollars. Proposing major spending items is most appropriate at this time, since people actually have a chance to consider them and vote for whatever they think is best(though technically, since every party wanted to scrap these plants, they didn't really have a choice on that).

Look at the upcoming municipal election. Some of the candidates are promising subways in different areas of the city. That is a multi-billion dollar decision that plays to certain parts of Toronto.

When we elect representatives, we give them the power to spend our tax dollars. It is not illegal to spend them in ways that people think are unwise.

What is illegal is if money is stolen, or if details are covered up.

no new posts