National Post: Letters from kids on Rob Ford

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Today’s letters: Some kids say the smartest things

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford sets a very bad example for children and is a very big disgrace to Toronto. Mr. Ford is now the laughing stock of the world. He has definitely put Toronto on the map, in a bad way, that is. In my opinion, I hope that someone else gets elected in October, but for now, all we can do is live with him.

--Hailey Clinton, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

On Monday, Jimmy Kimmel did a very good job of insulting Rob Ford. This is a bad thing, because it hurt Mr. Ford’s feelings. Even many of Mr. Kimmel’s fans say that he went too far. I think that Mr. Kimmel’s was rude and treated Mr. Ford poorly. think Mr. Ford should not go on any more talk shows, in order to avoid getting bullied like that again.

--Jared Lai Thom, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

Rob Ford got bullied and mocked on Monday. Honestly, I think the Mayor deserved it because he has been the worst thing that has ever happened to Toronto. He drinks too much and he might be a crack addict. Jimmy Kimmel showed many pictures of Mr. Ford drinking, dancing with girls and doing many other disturbing things. Mr. Ford has made Toronto into a joke because of his mistakes. As a citizen, I have suffered the consequences of his bad leadership and lack of experience. I have not been able to go to many camps this summer because of the budget cuts.

--Marco Copto, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

I noticed that Rob Ford seems to think that he is a celebrity. I can’t prove him wrong, but I think that he should pull himself together: Stop fooling around on shows and start solving Toronto’s problems.

--Daniel Weisberg, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford sets a very bad example for children and is a very big disgrace to Toronto. Mr. Ford is now the laughing stock of the world. He has definitely put Toronto on the map, in a bad way, that is. In my opinion, I hope that someone else gets elected in October, but for now, all we can do is live with him.

--Hailey Clinton, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

On Monday, Jimmy Kimmel did a very good job of insulting Rob Ford. This is a bad thing, because it hurt Mr. Ford’s feelings. Even many of Mr. Kimmel’s fans say that he went too far. I think that Mr. Kimmel’s was rude and treated Mr. Ford poorly. think Mr. Ford should not go on any more talk shows, in order to avoid getting bullied like that again.

--Jared Lai Thom, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

Rob Ford got bullied and mocked on Monday. Honestly, I think the Mayor deserved it because he has been the worst thing that has ever happened to Toronto. He drinks too much and he might be a crack addict. Jimmy Kimmel showed many pictures of Mr. Ford drinking, dancing with girls and doing many other disturbing things. Mr. Ford has made Toronto into a joke because of his mistakes. As a citizen, I have suffered the consequences of his bad leadership and lack of experience. I have not been able to go to many camps this summer because of the budget cuts.

--Marco Copto, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

I noticed that Rob Ford seems to think that he is a celebrity. I can’t prove him wrong, but I think that he should pull himself together: Stop fooling around on shows and start solving Toronto’s problems.

--Daniel Weisberg, Grade 7 student, Windfields Junior High School, Toronto.

Don't you just love how teacher's inject politics into the classroom ?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Let's all boycott the Jimmy Kimmel show like when we did when the Canadian production of The Trouble With Tracy

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I always wanted to bone that brainless chick just once.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Most of them get it but there's always one guy that's missing a few screws.

He'll just join Ford Nation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rob Ford is bad and he is a crack addict . Yup teaching politics alright .

Yep, like most people he's a mixture of good and bad, as for being "mayor material" that's another thing, which we should see the answer to in the fall. One thing for sure he has more guts than a slaughter house!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Really? This is news National Post? What do schoolchildren think of the situation in the Ukraine? What are their views on further oil sand development? Should the Ontario teachers Union invest in hedge funds? Oh what do the children think? That's what is important.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Really? This is news National Post? What do schoolchildren think of the situation in the Ukraine? What are their views on further oil sand development? Should the Ontario teachers Union invest in hedge funds? Oh what do the children think? That's what is important.

The problem is with those particular subjects (Ukraine and oil sands) is you need ALL the information to make a valid assessment.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Rob Ford is bad and he is a crack addict . Yup teaching politics alright .

Do you have evidence that they were "taught" this in school (as opposed to hearing it at home from their parents). I know people that haven't been to school for 30 years that think Ford is bad and a crack addict?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012