The Liberal Party Convention 2014

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The Liberal Party Convention 2014

Since the federal Conservative party is fracturing and won't survive the 2015 election if they don't cancel it because of their election reforms bill, look at the Liberal convention or the new government in waiting to fix the damage that the Conservatives did.

#Lib14 Live from Montreal - Friday, Feb. 21, 2014 - YouTube
Do you think anyone is listening to that guy while Canada is playing U.S.A. in hockey . Good luck .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yep, definitely a yawner and I wouldn't miss it for anything.

If you're lucky, you may get invited to one of these

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Gonna be a long wait if you expect anyone to vote for shiny pony.
PS don't quit your day job since you will never make it as a comedian and will die of old age before there will be a Liberal government to appoint you to your desired patronage job.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
If you're lucky, you may get invited to one of these

If your lucky you may get invited to a lot more than that.

I got an email from Justin's backroom boys asking if I was interested in being one of the " Start-up team members" for one of the new Federal ridings that are being created.
I briefly considered doing the Fifth Columnist thing but my wife got all twitchy on me and so I passed.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
"The retrospective press conference with the leader at the end of a political convention is a staple event, a tradition as entrenched as hospitality suites, ill-advised assignations and hang-overs.
But to the great annoyance of journalists covering the Liberal biennial convention in Montreal this weekend, leader Justin Trudeau did not meet the press when the program wrapped on Sunday afternoon.
Instead, Trudeau gave one-on-one interviews to the CBC, Global and CTV.
An interview request from parliamentary channel CPAC, which covered the entire four-day confab and has interviewed party leaders at nearly every convention in memory, was rejected.
The communications shutdown contrasts with Trudeau’s repeated references to improving transparency and accountability in government and jabs at the near-total inaccessibility of the current prime minister.
And for a leader who faces increasing criticism from opponents over an apparent lack of policy bona fides, the decision by Trudeau’s advisors to keep him under wraps after a policy convention seemed odder still.
Frustrated, several journalists attempted to scrum Trudeau on Sunday when he arrived in the main plenary hall to hear the debate on the policy resolution that would change the party’s constitution to exclude senators from the Liberal caucus.
In the bizarre encounter, reporters tried to get Trudeau to say just something — anything — as he took his seat in the front row next to new party president Anna Gainey and her predecessor, Mike Crawley."​

Trudeau refuses to give post-convention press conference | Ottawa Citizen

The slide begins.....

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
It will be interesting to see later what election results will be and then compare notes with all that have been said before. If the Liberals take power it will be like the last change we had , out of frustration of the last party in power.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The planners of this convention wanted no media attention so they scheduled it during the Olympics.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thank you.

I'll go grab a coffee for the coffee row style news I'm about to read.

Blazing cat fur.....gives a whole new meaning to "honey, can you put the cat out".

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
You're too short, that one went right over your head.

The Libs were accusing the Tories of planning their budget during Sochi to avoid scrutiny......and turnabout is fair play.
Bah coming from a conservative :roll:
Another one that has horse blinder view of politics