Finally...a tool to analyze Ontario's "sunshine list"

jsmth

Dec 4, 2013
My friend is big into technology and data and he told me about this site a few days ago.

What it does:
1) Searchable database of each Sunshine List dating back to 1996. (569,000 records)
2) Compares average raises by sector, employer or even position. (For instance, what is the average raise for LCBO employees each year? Or nurses? Or police officers? What percent of city managers got a raise in any particular year?)
3) Find top earners by sector, employer or position. You can also find the top increases/decreases in salary. Pretty neat.
4) There are also some graphs, like a scatter plot of raise vs. salary.

Check it out:
http://www.ontariosunshinelist.com

p.s. Are there sunshine lists for other provinces? Does a tool like this exist for them?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
BC has had one for years. Also includes municipalities and regional districts as well. SO we know how badly we are being ripped by how many levels of government.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
BC has had one for years. Also includes municipalities and regional districts as well. SO we know how badly we are being ripped by how many levels of government.

Does the stark reality help at all or do you miss the numbing comfort of denial?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Does the stark reality help at all or do you miss the numbing comfort of denial?

I had a good idea how bad it was long before the sunshine list came about. All it does is confirm that we are being royally screwed by our employes. WOrse still it turns out that the ones we hired to look after our interests are the biggest thieves.