Kathleen Wynne: Breaking Bad Wind

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sometimes, not proving your point means you're not going to be able to, no matter how loudly you scream.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
They're throwing the F'ing things up close to where I live and it's bound to affect my property rates. I wonder if the Libs will offer me a subsidy for that as they spike my hydro rates by 3% this November.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If wind energy were practical, wind turbines would be abundant on the Prairies and they aren't.

Same goes for solar. We have 330 days of sunshine out of 365 but solar is rarer than wind turbines.

You'd think people in ON would have questioned why solar and wind energy are a no go where it's sunny and windy.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
As much as I think they are unattractive I still scratch my head over the 'health hazard' claims some make .......

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
As much as I think they are unattractive I still scratch my head over the 'health hazard' claims some make .......

I don't buy into the health hazard claims. I don't see the sense in putting up such a thing if we have to subsidize it in order for it to give us substandard power. One of the mines in the NWT spent millions putting up these things and now they stand there idle most the time.

Idiocy.

You'd think people in ON would have questioned why solar and wind energy are a no go where it's sunny and windy.

They did. Again and again and again. But, the Liberal Government, jammed them down their throats and put these things in Conservative ridings.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When they turbines wear out, they'll make great cell towers.

You're right, the power is dirty and horrible on consumer electronics which every appliance seems to have today and dirty power will give false consumption readings on both smart and induction disc meters.

Hydro One won't tell you this but the did a report on dirty power. In the report they recommend using line filters.

http://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress...One_Energy_Efficiency_Guide_Power_Quality.pdf