It's All Just A Big Game To These Clowns

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wright worked with 2 Conservative senators to reach Duffy deal, emails show

Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s ex-chief of staff worked closely with two Conservative senators to persuade Sen. Mike Duffy to pretend to repay $90,000 in invalid expenses with his own money, emails show.
The emails, seen by CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife, reveal that Harper’s former right-hand man, Nigel Wright, consulted with David Tkachuk and Carolyn Stewart Olsen – two senators who were overseeing what was supposed to be an independent audit of Duffy’s expenses.
In May, Fife revealed that Wright had personally bailed out Duffy by writing him a $90,000 cheque to cover his improperly claimed expenses. Harper and his office have insisted that Wright acted alone, but the latest emails suggest otherwise.

Those emails show that Duffy had initially refused to go along with the plan to repay the taxpayer-funded living allowance and other expenses using Wright’s money.
The embattled senator was then threatened with the loss of his seat in the upper chamber.
In the emails, Duffy claimed that Tkachuk, who until recently was the chair of the Senate internal economy committee, told him he didn’t meet the Senate’s residency requirements because he lived in Ottawa.
Duffy, who represents Prince Edward Island in the Senate, did not have a valid P.E.I. health card and was not on the voters’ list in that province in 2011. Property tax records also showed that Duffy and his wife were considered non-resident owners of their P.E.I cottage.
Tkachuk allegedly told Duffy that if he went along with Wright’s bailout offer, the Senate committee would throw out the residency issue and go easy on him in the audit of his expenses.
Tkachuk did not return phone calls seeking comment.
In one email, Duffy says Wright called him on Feb. 19, promising to pay off his debt to taxpayers and offering cash for the repayment.
Wright resigned from the Prime Minister’s Office after his cheque to Duffy came to light.
Harper’s former director of communications, Angelo Persichilli, was also putting pressure on Duffy amid the growing Senate spending scandal.
While Persichilli was awaiting his appointment as a citizenship judge in Toronto, he called Duffy to tell him that the Conservative Party would turn against him if he didn’t repay the money.
Persichilli insisted he acted alone and as a friend when he made that call.
“I was urging him to give the money back, but as a friend,” he told CTV News. “Never, never was I told by anyone from the PMO that I had to talk to Mike Duffy.”
Duffy left the Conservative caucus in May, saying the controversy surrounding him had become a “significant distraction” to his colleagues and the government.
The RCMP is investigating the expense claims filed by Duffy, as well as Sen. Patrick Brazeau and Mac Harb, a former Liberal senator who announced his resignation Monday.
The Senate also recently referred the audit of Sen. Pamela Wallin to the RCMP.

Read more: Wright worked with 2 Conservative senators to reach Duffy deal, emails show | CTV News

These are the folks that comprise the body of the house of "sober second thought"? I'm thinking they're all on drugs. Taxpayer funded drugs.

Damned parasites is what they are.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I didn't vote for the Great Leader, and, chances are I won't next time either.

Wonder where he got his 37% "majority"

The piggies in the senate are just pond scum. A pox on their houses.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ya think?

We know.
Waiting patiently for the charges or leaks. Leak in particular as a number of persons will have access to the investigation.And leak they will.
Maybe those new prisons will come in handy after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Martin
Near the end of December, the Liberals were rocked by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police criminal investigation into the leaking of news of a federal tax change for income trusts.[40][41] This again brought the Sponsorship Scandal into public attention, at the time when Martin planned to make important policy announcements. Under constant campaign pressure by all opposition parties casting Martin and the Liberals as corrupt, Liberal support fell to as low as 26% in the early weeks of January 2006.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
We know.
Waiting patiently for the charges or leaks. Leak in particular as a number of persons will have access to the investigation.And leak they will.
Maybe those new prisons will come in handy after all.

Paul Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Near the end of December, the Liberals were rocked by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police criminal investigation into the leaking of news of a federal tax change for income trusts.[40][41] This again brought the Sponsorship Scandal into public attention, at the time when Martin planned to make important policy announcements. Under constant campaign pressure by all opposition parties casting Martin and the Liberals as corrupt, Liberal support fell to as low as 26% in the early weeks of January 2006.

Bump.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

What, we don't have enough garbage to deal with in the present? Quit living in the past man!

Kidding. Sorta.

I'm trying to maintain my sense of humour but it's difficult because the pessimist is driving the bus these days.