Ezra Levant Meets The Line 9 Protesters - Hilarity Ensues

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Unbelievable!! I was always aware that there was big money coming into these so called "environmental groups"; not only from the US but the ME as well. Glenn Beck, a few years ago, actually listed all the "foundations" and "organizations" that were related to one another and whose funding went to these groups. You're talking hundreds of millions of dollars. I read not too long ago that these organizations have a tax exempt status in Canada which enrages me. I am going to send an email to Harper and my MP - they are political and not charitable and should not have tax exempt status at all!

When these individuals break the law and are charged, they should not be "let off" and if not jailed, severely fined - like hundreds of thousands of dollars - hit them where it hurts!!

Just as a note about the lady that said something about the sand in the oil from Alberta; the Research Park here in Edmonton does a lot of work for the oilsands. The pipelines now-a-days are WAYYYYYY better than the ones currently in use which is saying something since there have been very few leaks over the past 40 or 50 years.

But its not only the material that is being used but the technology that is involved in the piping itself including sensors etc. - it's actually pretty neat. It's too bad that the companies involved don't make this sort of information more available but I'm guessing there's patents or some industrial information (can't think of the word I want) involved and they wouldn't necessarily want that information publicized. However, after speaking to a person who is involved in the Research Park I am very impressed and have no qualms at all with the pipelines (BC, Line 9 or XL). They'll be a LOT safer than what's in the ground now.

JMHO