Rob Ford sought meeting with inmate in after-hours jail visit

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
An after-hours appearance by Toronto Mayor Rob Ford at a west-end jail in March was deemed unusual by correctional officials and prompted an e-mail describing the incident for the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, multiple sources have told The Globe and Mail.

Mr. Ford went to the jail that night to speak with a then-inmate named Bruno Bellissimo, The Globe has learned. Mr. Bellissimo, 43, is not named in the e-mail, but two sources, including Mr. Bellissimo’s mother, identified him as the person Mr. Ford was trying to contact.

more

Rob Ford sought meeting with inmate in after-hours jail visit - The Globe and Mail

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That request was also declined and the mayor departed – leaving an unsolved mystery within the correctional service about why the mayor visited at such an odd hour, why he was indirect about the purpose of his visit and why he needed to speak with Mr. Bellissimo, a 43-year-old who has had run-ins with police and has what numerous sources describe as a history of drug-related activity.

just put him in a clown suit...I've lost my patience with this guy

as long as he keeps making the right decisions for the city he's tolerable I guess

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Oh.

I didn't know another thread on the same subject was started.

Is there any way to merge all the Rob Ford threads or does every article need it's own?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Oh.

I didn't know another thread on the same subject was started.

Is there any way to merge all the Rob Ford threads or does every article need it's own?
loc will no worries