5 ON by-elections August 1.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here in ON we have 5 by-elections on August 1, the beginning of a long holiday weekend. Our new premier, unelected by the citizens of ON, is testing the waters to see if she should call a full election this fall of continue till end of term in 2015.

20 lies the Libs told you | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

and you taught our children? If you are an example, it explains a lot.

I thought all your premiers were unelected by the citizens of the provinces (and the country).

That is exactly right, so sad that an american knows more about the way our system of Government works than a supposed "Canadian" who posted the thread in the first place.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How can they test the waters? Harris cut out the water inspectors - hence the "drunk" at Walkerton
Harris did not cut out water inspectors; the water inspectors found the contamination but the drunk Koebel bros., gubmint employees, acted too late to avoid the tragedy.

and you taught our children? If you are an example, it explains a lot.

That is exactly right, so sad that an american knows more about the way our system of Government works than a supposed "Canadian" who posted the thread in the first place.
Another obtuse poster who has the non-abstract mind of a 7 year old.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Another obtuse poster who has the non-abstract mind of a 7 year old.

As Das pointed out using King as an example, in Canada, our Prime Ministers and Premiers are NOT elected by the general populace. Therefore one could say that not a single Prime Minister or Premier has been "elected'. I would think that someone that claims to be a teacher would know this already.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As Das pointed out using King as an example, in Canada, our Prime Ministers and Premiers are NOT elected by the general populace. Therefore one could say that not a single Prime Minister or Premier has been "elected'. I would think that someone that claims to be a teacher would know this already.

The fact that he apparently doesn't is. . . scary. I wonder how many years he taught children, not even knowing the basics of Canadian government structure.

We call that "Civics" down here. How 'bout up there?

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks for the reddie, Walmart. Too bad it doesn't change your ignorance of Canadian government, which is so profound that even a Yank who knows nothing about it except the general structure of parliamentary governments is better informed.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The fact that he apparently doesn't is. . . scary. I wonder how many years he taught children, not even knowing the basics of Canadian government structure.

We call that "Civics" down here. How 'bout up there?

When I was in High School, it was covered under Grade 11 Social studies. We were taught all about Canada from Confederation to the Present....(mid 70's...lol)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Harris did not cut out water inspectors; the water inspectors found the contamination but the drunk Koebel bros., gubmint employees, acted too late to avoid the tragedy.

Try as you might, you can't rewrite history. Water inspection, like so many other things in an effort to smoke-screen provincial debt away, was downloaded onto municipalities. Feel free to Google and be an informed voter.

Post #1776456 - Re: 5 ON by-elections August 1. Bad Walter

Splashed some of your own on ya did I? :lol:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
So who do you think will take the majority of those seats, Walter? Is any one party favored over another?
Ah, intelligence rears its head. I doubt the Libs will take more than 1; the other parties will split the difference.