The Toronto Star's vendetta against Wyle E.Coyote

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
mad mad mad mad mad :lol:

The last two years has seen The Toronto Star become the Wyle E. Coyote of newspapers. Their editors and reporters have had all their outlandish attempts to dislodge Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford from office fail abysmally with their intended target emerging more secure after each disastrous effort.

Even worse for The Star, like the cartoon character pathologically obsessed with hunting down the Road Runner, every one of their plans ends up blowing up in their faces, with the self-inflicted damage making them look increasingly ridiculous.

The Star's obsession with Ford and the discreditable approach they have taken to persecuting him has resulted in half of Toronto thinking the newspaper is flat-out lying in its reporting.

Contacts inside The Star's headquarters at One Yonge Street describe an environment where detestation of Ford is so open and pervasive that seasoned adults who should be planning their retirement have adopted all the dignity and intellectual vigor of Beavis and Butthead.

"Ford's so stupid! hehehehehe!"

"He's fat and gross!"

"Yeah, he's fat, gross and stupid! Heehee!"

That is an actual conversation that was described to me as having occurred between two senior Toronto Star writers. And it reflects in their coverage of everything related to Rob Ford.

anyway...

Eye on a Crazy Planet: The Toronto Star's vendetta against Rob Ford has turned it into the Wyle E.Coyote of newspapers

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's a good article. The Star has lost a lot of credibility over their obsession.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
at least she's hot. ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
[/FONT]

You pretty much 'summed it'.
Ford is getting a dose of his own medicine. and the far right punditry claims ''rude, oohhh, so rude..."
too funny

Really. I haven't seen Ford do this to anyone... follow them around... dig for dirt...slander their families. The Star has single handedly made Rob Ford one of the most famous mayors in Canadian history. I would have zero care or interest in who he was if it weren't for them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Really. I haven't seen Ford do this to anyone... follow them around... dig for dirt...slander their families. The Star has single handedly made Rob Ford one of the most famous mayors in Canadian history. I would have zero care or interest in who he was if it weren't for them.
Maybe it was on purpose to make him famous, he could have asked them to help him. He helps them sell papers, they make him famous. It's not impossible. Is it probable? Who knows.

He was in Regina yesterday, Winnipeg on Friday, I bet he has aims of moving to Fed politics and is touring around to make himself even more known.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Many years ago there was a man named Woodward and his partner they went after
Richard Nixon, Nixon bested them at every turn. Until a few discarded facts came to
light and the worm turned as the saying goes. The paper is too high profile on this
and they need to regroup and finish the job. Ford is a bombastic fool and he also has
lost credibility.
Oh the case above ended up being called Watergate and still has significance today.
Toronto Star likely has more that they cannot prove at the moment, but with time it will
ooze out onto the pages of history. When the fangs of the press are out they will come
after one until all is consumed. The only thing that could save Ford is the press hates
Harper and if they can find enough they'll switch gears.
The other thing here is this, there are a lot of people who think the press is thin on this
but they think Ford is guilty of something and that is a problem for him.
the other case was Conrad Black another star idiot who was eventually consumed by his
own press. What is the old saying? "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sorry, I've been out of the country for awhile. Not that I ever paid much attention to civic politics, but I'm always interested if it involves Toronto. Is it as good as when the homo-Premier of Nova Scotia was getting his twinks stoned on government flights?

Sorry if that last reference is old news, but I've been busy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Many years ago there was a man named Woodward and his partner they went after
Richard Nixon, Nixon bested them at every turn. Until a few discarded facts came to
light and the worm turned as the saying goes. The paper is too high profile on this
and they need to regroup and finish the job. Ford is a bombastic fool and he also has
lost credibility.
Oh the case above ended up being called Watergate and still has significance today.
Toronto Star likely has more that they cannot prove at the moment, but with time it will
ooze out onto the pages of history. When the fangs of the press are out they will come
after one until all is consumed. The only thing that could save Ford is the press hates
Harper and if they can find enough they'll switch gears.
The other thing here is this, there are a lot of people who think the press is thin on this
but they think Ford is guilty of something and that is a problem for him.
the other case was Conrad Black another star idiot who was eventually consumed by his
own press. What is the old saying? "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"
Fast-forward forty years, and Woodward and Bernstein would be held incommunicado in a Navy brig for "violating national security" and "leaking vital secrets" and be awaiting trial on "aiding terrorism" charges. Trial to be held after the President leaves office, of course.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Anyone remember Ford's cheap shots on the Star from CFTR?

Karma? Vengeance? Turn-about's-fair-play?

Well, if it's vengeance, it underscores the fact that they are trying to manufacture a story where there may not be one.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone remember Ford's cheap shots on the Star from CFTR?

Karma? Vengeance? Turn-about's-fair-play?
Ford only responded to stories in the Star. I listened for years to Fordon 640 and no cheap shots were fired by Ford but he did respond to lies by the Star about him hitting one of his football players.