How they praise the lord in Kingston

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A same-sex couple in Kingston is the subject of a hate crime after they received two threatening letters on Wednesday at their home near McBurney Park, urging them to move out of town or face physical violence.

Susan Belyea and Karen Dubinsky, who couldn’t be reached for immediate comment, received the letter from “a small but dedicated group of Kingston residents devoted to removing the scourge of homosexuality in our city.”

Some of the group’s younger members would “have fun chasing ‘lesbos,’” the second letter stated. “We have brought them BB guns and today they are going to target practice, so they can hunt you down.”

On May 31, anti-gay posters were plastered around Confederation Basin downtown prior to the city’s flag raising ceremony, which marked the beginning of Pride Month in the city. She said city workers removed them before commencing the ceremony, and Kingston Police officers were present for security purposes.

Kinder also said another same-sex couple in Kingston reached out to her and told her they had also received similar letters a few years ago, adding that the HARS office, located at 844a Princess Street, was also shot at by a BB gun recently.

“Other people’s license plates have been removed and dented and tossed aside,” she added. “This year during Pride Parade there was also a woman who basically parked to prevent the parade from moving any further, and when the police asked her to move she refused.”

However, she was unable to confirm whether these incidents were connected to the latest hate letters.

“I don’t know whether it’s someone new who has moved into the area and it’s just one person or if there is a group forming as they say in their letter,” Kinder added. “It actually boggles my mind.”

Kingston Police said they “are aware of,” the letters and a report has been assigned to major crime's Const. Chris Gobeil.

Hate letters threaten gay couple | Local | News | The Kingston Whig-Standard

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm not gay, yet this kind of attitude would lead anyone who could even be mistaken for a homosexual to choose to move into less judgemental neighbourhoods.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not gay, yet this kind of attitude would lead anyone who could even be mistaken for a homosexual to choose to move into less judgemental neighbourhoods.
Meh, I might want to put up a sign on my lawn saying: I am gay whatcha wanna do about it? If everyone in the neighbourhood proclaimed they were gay, these azzhats wouldn't know who was and who wasn't. I think they are the ones who need to be shoved out of town.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Where in the article does it say anything about a lord as implied by the thread title?

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
A same-sex couple in Kingston is the subject of a hate crime after they received two threatening letters on Wednesday at their home near McBurney Park, urging them to move out of town or face physical violence.Hate letters threaten gay couple | Local | News | The Kingston Whig-Standard
wow My first reaction was thinking, "I wonder if coldstream lives in Kingston?"
"Nothing personal", BS. More pedomorphism at its best.

That would be in the long threatening letter that begins "Lesbian Bitches".
.... and ending with "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, our saviour".

Might not be a wingnut religious type (or types) and could be just some schmuck or schmucks who want to stir up troubles between the irrational bigots and the LGBT crowd.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
wow My first reaction was thinking, "I wonder if coldstream lives in Kingston?"
"Nothing personal", BS. More pedomorphism at its best.

Seems like he'd fit right in eh?

.... and ending with "in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, our saviour".
You know, I respect people's right to whatever belief system gets them through the night. More power to them. And I certainly don't believe that these clowns in any way represent Christianity, at least not any Christians that I know. But I am constantly flabbergasted by those who purport to worship a supreme being yet have the arrogance to speak on their behalf.

Might not be a wingnut religious type (or types) and could be just some schmuck or schmucks who want to stir up troubles between the irrational bigots and the LGBT crowd.
Could be just an asshat or could be an asshat with weapons and the desire/willingness to commit violence. Because of the possibility of the later, got to take it all really seriously.