A few words for Americans

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Montreal mayoral candidate calls 80% of Americans ‘big, obese, imbecilic, ignorant, uncultured dummies’

Here’s some Fourth of July news for our U.S. neighbours: a man running for mayor of Montreal considers Americans dumb, obese, imbecilic, classless ignoramuses.

Staunch Quebec independentiste Michel Brule announced Thursday his long-shot candidacy for the November election.

The book publisher, writer, and ex-bar owner says he doesn’t expect English-speaking Montrealers to vote for him — and says he isn’t working to get their support, anyway.

He has written extensively in the past about English, which he says is not a nice language. For example, he points to the capitalized first-person singular in English — “I” — as a sign of individualism.

le more

Michel Brule calls 80% of Americans obese, ignorant, uncultured dummies | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It's the Canadians who care what the Americans think of them and its the Americans dont give a sh^t what the Canadians think of them!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Montreal mayoral candidate calls 80% of Americans ‘big, obese, imbecilic, ignorant, uncultured dummies’

Here’s some Fourth of July news for our U.S. neighbours: a man running for mayor of Montreal considers Americans dumb, obese, imbecilic, classless ignoramuses.

Staunch Quebec independentiste Michel Brule announced Thursday his long-shot candidacy for the November election.

The book publisher, writer, and ex-bar owner says he doesn’t expect English-speaking Montrealers to vote for him — and says he isn’t working to get their support, anyway.

He has written extensively in the past about English, which he says is not a nice language. For example, he points to the capitalized first-person singular in English — “I” — as a sign of individualism.

le more

Michel Brule calls 80% of Americans obese, ignorant, uncultured dummies | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

The man is a separatist.......at least 80% of separatists are arrogant, ignorant, brain-dead psychotics with no social skills.

Classy, real classy.

I bet you are a separatist as well.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Just another "15 minute of Quebec fame" guy, who was ignored by the rest of the planet, wanting some prestige back in his life and he knows how to go about getting that in Quebec.

First he villifies an entire nations citizens, then he garnishes that salad with a liberal dose of "I have a special disdain for English speaking Canadians ~ there now, have I got your vote?" Mes Oui, mes Oui; you're a shoo-in!

Nothing new here; just another azzhat pandering to the insanely insular Quebec cultural zombies.

You do not have to present a rational platform or address the failings of the current elected officials and their policies to get elected for anything in Quebec; just stand on any corner yelling how much everything undesirable or difficult in their petty little lives is due to the "Les Anglais" ~ et voila ; Chain of office hung on you before you can spit out your Martini olive pit.

These types are mind-numbingly repetitive in their script.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you put a bunch of Canadians and a bunch of Americans in a room together you see that they are all alike, except that the Canadians are more polite.

ha. Take a customer service job here and you may think differently. Ive done that both with Americans and Canadians. The Canadians to my surprise were far more rude and self absorbed. I really have no idea how we wound up getting the "more polite" stereotype attached to us. Hell, this mayoral candidate is another example of that. He may not even believe what he is saying. Its just good politics to be somewhat anti-American while seeking elected office in some parts of the country. Its sad and stupid but sadly true.

It's the Canadians who care what the Americans think of them and its the Americans dont give a sh^t what the Canadians think of them!!

Personally I dont care what they think at all and I dont blame them for not caring what we think.