Rob Ford Fest Scarborough

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hey kids, he's taking his family BBQ on the road this year. Gonna be in Thompson Park (for you city dwellers). They just robo called me man. Come join ol' Locutus for a free chow down and chance to mock the filthy hippies that are sure to be there in protest. I hope to be photographed by the star too.

Rob and Doug Ford have firmed up details of first Scarborough edition of Ford Fest.

The Toronto mayor and city councillor will host a free party Friday July 5th at Thomson Memorial Park, at Lawrence Avenue E and Brimley Rd.

Rob Ford has hosted an annual barbecue at his mother's Etobicoke home for more than a decade. The late summer bash draws thousands of people from all over Toronto.

Speaking on Newstalk 1010's The City, Doug Ford said he has received many calls from Scarborough urging him and his brother to move the party east.

Councillor Ford says the Scarborough Ford Fest will include rides, music, dancing, beer, wine, burgers and halal meats too.

"Every Ford party is a rock 'n' rollin' party. Everyone's invited, bring your family and friends and, I'll tell ya, they're gonna hear us all the way to Etobicoke after we get rockin' out there", said Doug Ford.

The west-end edition of Ford Fest is still in the works for later this summer.

NEWSTALK 1010 - IN-DEPTH RADIO :: Details set for Ford Fest Scarborough - Local News :: Local News Stories

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He's always been a man of the people. Uses his own money, not the taxpayers', to put on his BBQ's.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Free Food !!!

The "filthy hippies" are probably there to eat.

I'd go (shower first), if I was in the area.

Take a bunch of doggie bags.

yahoo

You going, Walter??

Looks like we missed it, Wally.

Next year, eh

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I passed because of the rain...I'll invite the bros over for a beer. Let ya know when it's on.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I passed because of the rain...I'll invite the bros over for a beer. Let ya know when it's on.

I appreciate his grass work events, it brings people out. In the end though, he is the wrong conservative. Halady or Tory should be running the show.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I went with my son and his friend. My son is really into BBQs now as this is the second one in a week (Canada Day one at the bluffs from local councilman who promoted his through the schools). Much busier than I anticipated. From what people were saying that past ones had 2000 people, they anticipated 5000 but may have got as many as 8000. No rain but lots of mud. I don't know what the actual head count was and it was a bit disorganized. In the end, I can't believe I stood in line for 2 hours for a hamburger (a good one mind you) and a kirkland cola. It was a case of having invested too much time to get out of line. Didn't meet the mayor but saw him (that was a separate line). Never bothered 'signing in' (3rd line).

They ran out 3 people ahead of me. I got a business card.

She was there. Not a bad band. They played this song but lots of real stuff as well. Made the line up tolerable.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
$22 for a case of 150 Kosher/Halal safe chicken wieners, buns are a buck a bag at the McGavin's Bread Store 10 per bag @ $1 a bag is $15 to match the 150 wieners and Dollarama mustard ketchup and relish $3.

Total = $40

There you go all broken down for you.

1 $40 public BBQ

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
$22 for a case of 150 Kosher/Halal safe chicken wieners, buns are a buck a bag at the McGavin's Bread Store 10 per bag @ $1 a bag is $15 to match the 150 wieners and Dollarama mustard ketchup and relish $3.

Total = $40

There you go all broken down for you.

1 $40 public BBQ

They had 4 hours of hamburgers to serve. You can't do this for $40. Even in Saskatchewan.