Quebec's Lavish Benefits Paid For by The ROC

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda:

The other day I had a drink with a recent immigrant from China. I asked her why she had chosen Vancouver out of all the other places in the country. She went on to tell me that she had seriously considered moving to Montreal with her school-aged son. Then she started listing a long list of "free perks" the Quebec government had told her she'd be eligible for should she move there. I asked her if she knew why Quebec was able to offer so many benefits. She did not. This discussion between Lorne Gunter and Derek Fildebrandt of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation explains the little "game" that successive Quebec governments have been playing with the Equalization Program.

Quebec's Lavish Benefits Paid For by The ROC - Small Dead Animals

watch video here:

Provinces ponying up : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Which is ultimately paid by Alberta..

Quebec proves that not all is equal in Canada's equalization payment program | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
While we may think that Quebec's lavish entitlements are paid for by the ROC, they are largely paid for by their own taxpayers. Many of my co-workers have been "deported" to Quebec in order to maintain their pay and status, but have decided to reside in Ontario and commute. They pay Quebec taxes but file as Ontario residents, it is less painful than trying to get the company to deduct the taxes from the province of residence than from where they work, better to let the employees figure it out themselves. Anyway, the difference between Quebec and Onatrio taxes for the upper end of our wage scale is around $8500/year, which comes in a refund cheque in April. That ain't chump change. Like Nova Scotia, it costs extra for the privilege of living there. Which begs the question; Why they heck am I still living in NS? 8O