2011 federal election was fraudulent

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually this was on the radio the last couple of days as well. There is a toothless
organization called Elections Canada, they confirm what everyone knows but they
in turn take no action to correct the problem or curb the actions of those guilty from
further actions.
I remember in 1997 there was a challenge to the signing of petitions that had the
candidates pledging to support certain positions for confirmation of support from the
special interest groups involved. Under Federal law, in elections this action is in
contravention of the elections act. I don't remember exactly but it came under some
section around 137 or 138 or something like that. The problem was, there were too
many candidates from all parties already signing on to some of these positions.
When I questioned it the legal branch determined I had a case, however the grand
poo bah who ever he is has the last say and determined there would be no action
taken. The candidates would be informed of their indiscretion and were told not to
do it again. I have no faith in the Election Canada People or the provincial for that matter.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Would love to see Lego Man go down in flames.
I must be getting sleepy.... I just visualized an MJ Pepsi ad....

Grump.... I haven't had a lot of respect for Elections Canada since they stripped my grandfather - a man who signed up Sept 11 1939 and served in the 48th Highlanders for the duration overseas - of his right to vote because he wasn't a Canadian citizen

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“I find that electoral fraud occurred during the 41st General Election but I am not satisfied that it has been established that the fraud affected the outcomes in the subject ridings and I decline to exercise my discretion to annul the results in those districts.”

“In reaching this conclusion, I make no finding that the Conservative Party of Canada or any CPC candidates or RMG and RackNine Inc., were directly involved in any campaign to mislead voters,” he ruled.

Electoral fraud did take place in 2011 federal vote, judge rules | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

In its broadest sense, the May 23 ruling by Justice Richard Mosley went against the eight citizens who brought the case.

In their submission, the eight asked the judge to overturn the results in six ridings, all of which had been won narrowly by the Conservatives.

It was on this that they lost. Mosley ruled there was insufficient evidence to prove the results would have changed had the robocalls not been made.

He also ruled there was not enough evidence to prove that Harper’s Conservatives were behind the robocalls.

Senate and robocall scandals different versions of same pathology: Walkom | Toronto Star

The judge did not make a final ruling on costs, and invited further submissions, yet rapped the Conservative party for making “little effort to assist with the investigation” despite the “obvious public interest in getting to the bottom of the allegations.”

The Conservative Party of Canada released a statement saying the decision concluded “there was no wrongdoing by the Conservative party or any of the candidates or campaign teams targeted” by the lawsuit.

Spokesman Fred DeLorey said that the court found “that not a single voter was produced to testify that they were prevented from voting due to alleged voter suppression

Robocalls: Widespread but ‘thinly scattered’ vote suppression didn’t affect election, judge rules | Toronto Star

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
“I find that electoral fraud occurred during the 41st General Election but I am not satisfied that it has been established that the fraud affected the outcomes in the subject ridings and I decline to exercise my discretion to annul the results in those districts.”

“In reaching this conclusion, I make no finding that the Conservative Party of Canada or any CPC candidates or RMG and RackNine Inc., were directly involved in any campaign to mislead voters,” he ruled.

Electoral fraud did take place in 2011 federal vote, judge rules | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

Federal Court upholds 2011 election results in ‘robocall’ ridings - Canada, Need to know - Macleans.ca

The ruling cleared the Conservative party and its candidates of any effort to mislead voters, but said the most likely source of information used to make the misleading calls was the party’s CIMS database, accessed by “a person or persons currently unknown to this court.”

The fact that the illegal voter suppression campaign used a proprietary conservative list of non-supporters, targeted them and has been linked back to several lower level conservative campaign staffers like Andrew Prescott is a glaring indication of where to start an investigation into the scandal.

Which is of course why we're not going to get an independent investigation that would allow a court to make a valid ruling. As a result this is just more whitewash, our political system is going to keep decaying if we don't start asking the tough and uncomfortable questions needed.

As it stands now we all get to pretend this campaign was carried out by evil vote elves which is hardly satisfactory.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Federal Court upholds 2011 election results in ‘robocall’ ridings - Canada, Need to know - Macleans.ca

The fact that the illegal voter suppression campaign used a proprietary conservative list of non-supporters, targeted them and has been linked back to several lower level conservative campaign staffers like Andrew Prescott is a glaring indication of where to start an investigation into the scandal.

Which is of course why we're not going to get an independent investigation that would allow a court to make a valid ruling. As a result this is just more whitewash, our political system is going to keep decaying if we don't start asking the tough and uncomfortable questions needed.

As it stands now we all get to pretend this campaign was carried out by evil vote elves which is hardly satisfactory.

As with many court decisions, a valid ruling is often an oxy moron.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hardly satisfactory for leftards but rightards can go to sleep tonight feeling all kinds of self righteous that Lego Man get to stay in office (until the senate scandal forces him to step down).

Hardly satisfactory for leftards but rightards can go to sleep tonight feeling all kinds of self righteous that Lego Man get to stay in office (until the senate scandal forces him to step down).

Wassa matta Wally. You can say leftard but nobody is allowed to say rightard?