Who is going to win the B.C. Election?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm told the NDP have the election sewed up....Do they??? A lot of people remember what they did when they were last elected. Is it long enough ago to get them elected again? Will the Liberals elect another government? I have to admit that I just don't know.
Any thoughts??

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm told the NDP have the election sewed up....Do they??? A lot of people remember what they did when they were last elected. Is it long enough ago to get them elected again? Will the Liberals elect another government? I have to admit that I just don't know.
Any thoughts??

The polls haven't closed yet, juan..............my guess...........a minority gov..........though I haven't a clue who will be in the driver's seat.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The polls haven't closed yet, juan..............my guess...........a minority gov..........though I haven't a clue who will be in the driver's seat.

My mistake. I somehow had it an hour later....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I just voted. I'm in the anyone-but-NDP court, but I doubt my vote will get anywhere. Especially where I live.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
At 8:34 P.M. it looks like the N.D.P. could be in big trouble. I'll be back to call it at 8:45 LOL

8:45 P.M. Should have a definite result in 5 more minutes. Liberals are in with a majority, IF they can hold their 6% lead.

Well Dippers- See you in 4 years!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
At 8:34 P.M. it looks like the N.D.P. could be in big trouble. I'll be back to call it at 8:45 LOL

8:45 P.M. Should have a definite result in 5 more minutes. Liberals are in with a majority, IF they can hold their 6% lead.

maybe they won't be getting new stationery after all, or letterheads and such.

i'm going back to the hockey game, much more interesting.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Now BC will get it's NG pipelines and LNG sea ports without Dixhead f'ing it all up and keeping BC from finally entering in to AD.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now BC will get it's NG pipelines and LNG sea ports without Dixhead f'ing it all up and keeping BC from finally entering in to AD.

Right on Petros, it's a great day for B.C. Have to admit I had conceded to the N.D.P. the past few days, BUT I did say all along the only reliable poll is the one on election day.- )

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Right on Petros, it's a great day for B.C. Have to admit I had conceded to the N.D.P. the past few days, BUT I did say all along the only reliable poll is the one on election day.- )

Everyone is surprised, including the pollsters.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Once again I am more and more convinced that we need to have 2 parties. Our riding has gone Liberal, not because people here love the Liberals but because the vote was split between the Independent and the NDP. Traditionally this riding has been NDP. So now we can see our medical insurance increase yet again, see the people on disability go another 4 years without a raise. Schools and hospitals will suffer and all for the business class! All I can hope for now is a minority government.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Once again I am more and more convinced that we need to have 2 parties. Our riding has gone Liberal, not because people here love the Liberals but because the vote was split between the Independent and the NDP. Traditionally this riding has been NDP. So now we can see our medical insurance increase yet again, see the people on disability go another 4 years without a raise. Schools and hospitals will suffer and all for the business class! All I can hope for now is a minority government.

To tell you the truth and I've said it all along, for most of us our health is our most important asset and I personally don't think a couple of hundred bucks a month to protect it is out of line. A lot of people spend that much between booze, smokes and restaurants.

I see Christy is behind by a hair again. However it turns out for her personally, I think the party owes her a lot for leading them to a majority gov't.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Liberals are in with a bigger majority than they had. It seems all the pollsters were wrong. They were all calling for an NDP victory. I think a lot of voters remembered the mess Barrett made the last time we had an NDP government.