Trudeau Praises Alison Redford On Keystone

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you want to know his stance on foreign trade and resource development which is the same as Harper's read Canadian Business magazine interview of Trudeau.

But if your shtick is hair, you'll miss that.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
If you want to know his stance on foreign trade and resource development which is the same as Harper's read Canadian Business magazine interview of Trudeau.

But if your shtick is hair, you'll miss that.

I envy anyone who's got a full head of hair. :mrgreen:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Are side burns still in? That's what makes it or breaks it for me.
I have burns down to my lobes. I don't care if they are in. I also have a handlebar mustache. Next week they could be gone. Last fall I had mutton chops. What difference does it make? In my avatar I had a mullet with a pony tail (but back then it was called an attitude).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have burns down to my lobes. I don't care if they are in. I also have a handlebar mustache. Next week they could be gone. Last fall I had mutton chops. What difference does it make? In my avatar I had a mullet with a pony tail (but back then it was called an attitude).
Well then, no matter how smart you are, or how good your team of advisors are or how sincere your intent, I wouldn't vote for you solely because of the sideburns.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Oil sands are a go with Trudeau. Now what?

Oil sands are a tough sell inthe US and Europe. One way to mitigate that is to take the environmental effects seriously. That didn't happen. The Conservatives treat the environment as a communications file: hire spin doctors to cloud the issue and make it look like you're doing something. The Conservatives actually gotten better on the oil sands, but they had to get forced into it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The mining portion of oil sands is nearing completion, the other 80% will be extracted in situ.

There is nothing you can do to stop any of it especially after 35 years notice of what was going to happen after Liberals kicked it all off.

This is a tri-partisan thing with even NDPQ Unions investing right along with foreigners.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
The mining portion of oil sands is nearing completion, the other 80% will be extracted in situ.

There is nothing you can do to stop any of it especially after 35 years notice of what was going to happen after Liberals kicked it all off.

This is a tri-partisan thing with even NDPQ Unions investing right along with foreigners.

Really? I did not know that. I thought they still had decades of mining up there. There has beena shift to shale gas though--that's starting to catch on in BC. Probably Alberta too.

The environmental impacts can be mitigated to varying degrees. Obviously, as with any mining project, you're chaning the landscape and local hydrology on a geological time scale, so impacts related to that are difficult to treat. Others, such as a lot of air pollution, and low hanging fruit with respect to CO2 emissions, are easier to fix.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Ah, the frivolity of voters - caring more for hair than for policy. Maybe the politicians are right when they play in sound bites to the lowest common denominator. {/joke}

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Really? I did not know that. I thought they still had decades of mining up there. There has beena shift to shale gas though--that's starting to catch on in BC. Probably Alberta too.

The environmental impacts can be mitigated to varying degrees. Obviously, as with any mining project, you're chaning the landscape and local hydrology on a geological time scale, so impacts related to that are difficult to treat. Others, such as a lot of air pollution, and low hanging fruit with respect to CO2 emissions, are easier to fix.
You have a lot to learn about what your fighting but you're too fixated on the fight rather than the facts you need to fight with.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
You have a lot to learn about what your fighting but you're too fixated on the fight rather than the facts you need to fight with.

I don't think you understand my position, or what I'm fighting. You may be making unwarranted assumptions.