Are York Regional Police Now the Self-Proclaimed Arbiters of Free Speech?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well known American blogger Pamela Geller is scheduled to speak in Toronto this month. But if the allegations are true, then some in the York Regional Police force appear to have decided that she should not appear:
Insp. Ricky Veerappan of the force's diversity, equity and inclusion bureau, confirmed he and officers from the force's hate crimes unit met with Rabbi Mendel Kaplan of the Chabad Flamingo Synagogue on Tuesday.

source:
Are York Regional Police Now the Self-Proclaimed Arbiters of Free Speech? - Small Dead Animals

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/...7432237001/silencing-pam-geller/2344594425001

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I was hoping to attend that presentation by Geller as that synagogue is just around the corner from me.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I read your link, Walmart. Now I need to go bleach my eyes.

I don't think the cops are suppressing free speech. They're suppressing drooling imbecility.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Aaargh! A touch, I do confess it! I fear I breathe my last!

OMG!!! You're sick?

I'll send a salt lick ASAP... That ought to get you back to rights before too long; and not to worry, I'll source some magical medicine that will fix all that ails ya.

To be honest, they're just bits of rock, pebbles and pieces of dung, but they ought to work just fine on the mental health deficiencies you suffer from

Gotta say, cap, nothing brightens up the morning like your spoon-sharp wit.

Funny... I always kinda thought that you were as sharp as a bowling ball

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
OMG!!! You're sick?

I'll send a salt lick ASAP... That ought to get you back to rights before too long; and not to worry, I'll source some magical medicine that will fix all that ails ya.

To be honest, they're just bits of rock, pebbles and pieces of dung, but they ought to work just fine on the mental health deficiencies you suffer from

Funny... I always kinda thought that you were as sharp as a bowling ball
This has been entertaining, in a way. Unfortunately, I have a day of exceptionally dull drafting ahead of me, so I better get to it.

I will leave you giggling simplemindedly over what you no doubt think of as your devilish wit.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't' go away mad TB... Just go away

Buh-bye

BTW - you might want to use your spell check more often; you used the word 'draft(ing)' when we all know you really meant dafting (although I don't think that it is a real word)... Just stick with daft to be safe

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I read your link, Walmart. Now I need to go bleach my eyes.

I don't think the cops are suppressing free speech. They're suppressing drooling imbecility.

Aaargh! A touch, I do confess it! I fear I breathe my last!

Gotta say, cap, nothing brightens up the morning like your spoon-sharp wit.

I didn't have you pegged as a name flamebait-troll this early in the game. Obvious schoolyard tactics are obvious. It's doubtful anyway that you can fish Walter or Captain Morgan into your game.