Harper guts Elections Canada to keep cheating

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
True to form, instead of working to rectify the flaws in the system that allowed his party to break the law in several elections, Mr. Harper has cut funding to Elections Canada. Maybe in the future he can route all funding through the PMO and run Canada as a quasi-empire.

Harper slammed for gutting Elections Canada amid claims of cheating during last election | Globalnews.ca

OTTAWA – The Harper government is under fire for cutting Elections Canada’s budget even as the agency struggles to address rampant procedural errors and widespread allegations of cheating during the last federal vote.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair says the eight per cent cut to the election watchdog’s 2013 budget is symptomatic of a government that has no respect for democratic institutions.

He accuses the Conservatives of showing a consistent willingness to cheat during elections – citing the so-called in-and-out affair and the robocall scandal.

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says the budget cut is worrying and part of a pattern by Conservatives to discourage people from taking part in the democratic process.

However, Prime Minister Stephen Harper says his government will shortly introduce legislation aimed at helping Elections Canada crack down on abuse, such as the thousands of misleading, automated phone calls that directed voters to the wrong polling stations in 2011.

Once again, probably run out of the PMO.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You snivel about the guy running a deficit and when he makes cuts, you snivel about that. And then you flood CC with your incessant sniveling (and don't even have the sense to stick it all in one thread). I think I might just nickname you "foamy" cuz you're always frothing at the mouth everywhere.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You snivel about the guy running a deficit and when he makes cuts, you snivel about that. And then you flood CC with your incessant sniveling (and don't even have the sense to stick it all in one thread). I think I might just nickname you "foamy" cuz you're always frothing at the mouth everywhere.

Seriously. Talk about attack ads. :lol:

Cobalt Kid appears to be the Liberals very own Attack Dog...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Seriously. Talk about attack ads. :lol:

Cobalt Kid appears to be the Liberals very own Attack Dog...

Mr. Harper is making personal attacks on Justin Trudeau based on his opinion.

I'm pointing out how undemocratic Harper is being, if that's a Liberal issue then I'm all for it. I'm more than willing to support a party that wants to return some control of government to the citizens of Canada, it's damned sure the conservatives aren't interested in doing it.

Actions like this prove it.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Mr. Harper is making personal attacks on Justin Trudeau based on his opinion.

I'm pointing out how undemocratic Harper is being, if that's a Liberal issue then I'm all for it. I'm more than willing to support a party that wants to return some control of government to the citizens of Canada, it's damned sure the conservatives aren't interested in doing it.

Actions like this prove it.

So do they feed you the expensive soft food or just the dry kibble? :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yep, when a guy whines about everything he soon loses credibility, kind of like crying "wolf". -:)

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
So do they feed you the expensive soft food or just the dry kibble? :lol:

As this really isn't a political debate anymore then I'll leave you to the personal attack fest that passes for conservative discussion when you run out of actual facts.

I honestly think that a party that has already been found guilty of violating elections laws with in and out campaign funding and probably broke the laws on a massive scale with robocall cutting funding to the body that's entrusted with upholding fair elections in Canada is news.

You talk of Liberal arrogance but can't seem to see it in yourselves...which is probably a good thing come next election.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
As this really isn't a political debate anymore then I'll leave you to the personal attack fest that passes for conservative discussion when you run out of actual facts.

I honestly think that a party that has already been found guilty of violating elections laws with in and out campaign funding and probably broke the laws on a massive scale with robocall cutting funding to the body that's entrusted with upholding fair elections in Canada is news.

You talk of Liberal arrogance but can't seem to see it in yourselves...which is probably a good thing come next election.

I'm thinking they feed you the expensive soft food and put Red Liberal Kool Aid in your water dish.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You still have a bit to learn about politics, basically they are "all tarred with the same brush", they are all corrupt possibly at different times but over the long haul one's about as bad as the other.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
There's a bit from the House on this link.

Harper Slammed For Cuts To Elections Canada Despite Rampant Vote Problems (VIDEO)

So there's thousands of errors on the results from the last election and the conservative "solution" is to cut funding for Elections Canada by 8%.

I'm going with a new rule for dealing with the conservatives after watching Harper's response, if his lips are moving I'm just going to assume that what's coming out of Harper's mouth is a lie.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
As this really isn't a political debate anymore
Anymore? I don't think it started out to be a debate, at least concerning you. You pay little attention to anything people have said in support of Harpy's gov't and have given no credence to it at all.
Basically, Foamy, you are simply an attack ad billboard for Junior. No debate is possible.

I'm going with a new rule for dealing with the conservatives after watching Harper's response, if his lips are moving I'm just going to assume that what's coming out of Harper's mouth is a lie.
Then I am dredging out an old adage I came up with years ago that applies to you - mouth open, ears shut.

(Not that I am a conservative, let alone a Conservative. I tend to be socially libertarian and fiscally conservative).

Anyway, all I see Harpy doing is cutting some of the blubber off gov't. The troughers simply don't want to see the status quo changed.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
There's a bit from the House on this link.

Harper Slammed For Cuts To Elections Canada Despite Rampant Vote Problems (VIDEO)

So there's thousands of errors on the results from the last election and the conservative "solution" is to cut funding for Elections Canada by 8%.

Nice link - Since when does an opposition party agree with Govt cuts. Really.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Anymore? I don't think it started out to be a debate, at least concerning you. You pay little attention to anything people have said in support of Harpy's gov't and have given no credence to it at all.
Basically, Foamy, you are simply an attack ad billboard for Junior. No debate is possible.

Then I am dredging out an old adage I came up with years ago that applies to you - mouth open, ears shut.

(Not that I am a conservative, let alone a Conservative. I tend to be socially libertarian and fiscally conservative).

Anyway, all I see Harpy doing is cutting some of the blubber off gov't. The troughers simply don't want to see the status quo changed.

Yeah, I not really a big fan of Harper, but I think he's realistically as good as you're going to get. At least for us old fellas!-:)
(Oooooh, I think I just said too, if anything crops up I'll deal with it-:))

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
instead of the bullshyte troll threads to counter "kids" attacks on harper, why not just shut him down with facts.

Fact, it really doesn't matter what budget cuts are made to elections Canada, the reality is:

In any event, both the agency and the government pointed out that Elections Canada is entitled to draw unlimited amounts of additional money from general federal revenues for the administration of elections or for the conduct of investigations.

So, the complaint against harper and the cons is moot.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
instead of the bullshyte troll threads to counter "kids" attacks on harper, why not just shut him down with facts.

Fact, it really doesn't matter what budget cuts are made to elections Canada, the reality is:

Really, facts... We tried that root. He just throws up a new attack thread. LOL

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

What he said.

Also, saves deleting/moving multiple threads/topics/re-retorts.