More Harper hypocrisy

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The conservatives are continuing their attack campaign on Justin Trudeau through the 10% flyers that MPs can send out to their constituents at taxpayer expense.

Trudeau ads not bullying, just part of debate, says PM - Politics - CBC News

PM Harper just met with the family of the teen who committed suicide after being raped and bullied by schoolmates, but he see no connection between that and his actions in attacking the new Liberal leader. Mr. Harper contends that it's all part of debate, but Justin Trudeau has just been chosen as the Liberal leader and there's no way to know if he's in over his head as the conservatives are trying to convince Canadians with no evidence to back this up.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Thursday that flyers targeting new Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau shouldn't be confused with bullying and that the Conservative Party is following the rules on sending material to constituents.

The flyers contain the same messages featured in radio and television advertisements launched by the government immediately after Trudeau was chosen as his party's leader on April 14. They question the Quebec MP's judgment and work experience and use the tagline: "He's in way over his head."

"Do not confuse democratic debate in politics with crime. What happened to the Parsons family are terrible crimes and this government will be moving forward with measures to address them and I hope we'll find support among all parties in Parliament to support those measures," Harper said.

Attacking someone based on your personal opinions isn't debate, it's disturbing that Mr. Harper thinks so. It's also sad that he can't see the hypocrisy in on one hand claiming to want to support bullied teens in Canada and on the other hand set such a poor example when it comes to respecting other MPs in the House and other leaders of popular Canadian political parties.

The ads are being denounced by MPs fed up with the negative approach to politics that has become such an important part of the conservative style, including a conservative MP, let's hope this movement spreads.

Negative Trudeau Ads Denounced By 3 New Brunswick MPs

Three New Brunswick MPs are criticizing the Conservative Party’s aggressive advertising campaign against Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau.

Conservative MP Mike Allen said the anti-Trudeau ads are not his style and he said he finds many political attack ads “juvenile.”

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Um, why not just have one thread in which to post your I-hate-Harper crusade stuff?

So this is your response to the serious issue of bullying in Canada and destructive effect that such negative campaigning has on our society?

It's really not worth reading.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
CK, politicians are big boys and girls. They can either take the rough and tumble or they shouldn't be in the game.

Comparing politics to the bullying of a teenager is ridiculous, unless you think Justin Trudeau is young and defenseless. I kind of get that impression from your lead-off post, and you're selling him short by thinking he needs to be defended as if he's being bullied.

MP's have a budget for politicking. They can use it how they see fit to benefit themselves and their party. If you don't like the message they've chosen, fair enough, but there's nothing inappropriate in what they're doing.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Harpie just doesn't get it.... Why resort to cat-calls and antics if he has something to offer - and can offer it with flair

You're looking for flair? :lol:

Maybe Justin has it, but we don't even know what he's offering yet. He's still at the photo op stage.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
As someone who is not crazy about either of them I think Harper is making a mistake here.
Trudeau has something Harper does not, Charisma and that is a problem for both the
government and the official opposition.
I don't hate Harper I just don't care for his direction. I am not sure but I will support the NDP
if they stay on the same track. Trudeau is a problem because he changed the dimension of
the coming campaign

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
CK, politicians are big boys and girls. They can either take the rough and tumble or they shouldn't be in the game.

Comparing politics to the bullying of a teenager is ridiculous, unless you think Justin Trudeau is young and defenseless. I kind of get that impression from your lead-off post, and you're selling him short by thinking he needs to be defended as if he's being bullied.

MP's have a budget for politicking. They can use it how they see fit to benefit themselves and their party. If you don't like the message they've chosen, fair enough, but there's nothing inappropriate in what they're doing.

Justin Trudeau: young, defenseless, and a rape victim.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the hypocrisy. I think attack ads are sleazy and a sad sign, but no hypocrisy here.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
the conservatives are continuing their attack campaign on justin trudeau through the 10% flyers that mps can send out to their constituents at taxpayer expense.

trudeau ads not bullying, just part of debate, says pm - politics - cbc news

pm harper just met with the family of the teen who committed suicide after being raped and bullied by schoolmates, but he see no connection between that and his actions in attacking the new liberal leader. Mr. Harper contends that it's all part of debate, but justin trudeau has just been chosen as the liberal leader and there's no way to know if he's in over his head as the conservatives are trying to convince canadians with no evidence to back this up.

attacking someone based on your personal opinions isn't debate, it's disturbing that mr. Harper thinks so. It's also sad that he can't see the hypocrisy in on one hand claiming to want to support bullied teens in canada and on the other hand set such a poor example when it comes to respecting other mps in the house and other leaders of popular canadian political parties.

The ads are being denounced by mps fed up with the negative approach to politics that has become such an important part of the conservative style, including a conservative mp, let's hope this movement spreads.

negative trudeau ads denounced by 3 new brunswick mps
rotflmao!!!!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I think attack ads are sleazy and a sad sign
And they work; ask the Bamster; Bamster's ads portraying Romney as the exact opposite of what he is worked like a charm. Romney wanted to stay above board and it got him nowhere.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
So this is your response to the serious issue of bullying in Canada and destructive effect that such negative campaigning has on our society?
No, it was the response to your usual sniveling about anything Harpy. It gets to be a monotonous drone after a while. So I thought it might all fit into one thread instead of showing up like so much spam and mudslinging political ads.

It's really not worth reading.
Yet you read it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The conservatives are continuing their attack campaign on Justin Trudeau through the 10% flyers that MPs can send out to their constituents at taxpayer expense.

Trudeau ads not bullying, just part of debate, says PM - Politics - CBC News

PM Harper just met with the family of the teen who committed suicide after being raped and bullied by schoolmates, but he see no connection between that and his actions in attacking the new Liberal leader. Mr. Harper contends that it's all part of debate, but Justin Trudeau has just been chosen as the Liberal leader and there's no way to know if he's in over his head as the conservatives are trying to convince Canadians with no evidence to back this up.

Attacking someone based on your personal opinions isn't debate, it's disturbing that Mr. Harper thinks so. It's also sad that he can't see the hypocrisy in on one hand claiming to want to support bullied teens in Canada and on the other hand set such a poor example when it comes to respecting other MPs in the House and other leaders of popular Canadian political parties.

The ads are being denounced by MPs fed up with the negative approach to politics that has become such an important part of the conservative style, including a conservative MP, let's hope this movement spreads.

Negative Trudeau Ads Denounced By 3 New Brunswick MPs

Harper is right - there is no connection between he attacking Trudeau and the girl committing suicide. Politicians by nature and design are sleezeballs and that is how they defeat their opponents. There is no law against being a sleezeball. There is a law against rape. -:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No, it was the response to your usual sniveling about anything Harpy. It gets to be a monotonous drone after a while. So I thought it might all fit into one thread instead of showing up like so much spam and mudslinging political ads.

"Sniveling, spam, and mudslinging": anyone who disagrees with Torie policies....:roll:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Every politician is guilty of it. Wait til Justin takes a run at the Federal Election. Then we'll see how much of a victim he is.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"Sniveling, spam, and mudslinging": anyone who disagrees with Torie policies....:roll:
Try again; that was pretty feeble.
Sorry, dude, but I am non-partisan. I guess you've forgotten all the posts I made against Bullrooney. And I have also made posts against Harpy that you've apparently forgotten. The difference between Cobalt and me, though, is I stick to evidence without embellishments, innuendo, and mudslinging.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007

Of course there is, the reason we send them to Ottawa is to represent us, not tear down the structure of the system that's supposed to provide a means for the citizens of Canada to have access to power.

The conservatives don't have to perform as an effective government if they're able to effectively dominate the opposition through intimidation. By constantly attacking the opposition the conservative government seeks to neutralize one more way to hold it accountable, this may serve the interests of the conservative party, but it doesn't serve the interests of Canadians.