Harper goes even lower

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
PM Harper used the Boston tragedy as an opportunity to condemn Trudeau in the press without even being asked about it, it's obvious that his only intent is to discredit another rival for the throne as he's been doing so consistently over the last eight years.

Harper slams Trudeau for comments on Boston bombings - Politics - CBC News

Justin Trudeau makes the strong point that it's important to understand the motivations of actions like the bombing in Boston to effectively neutralize ongoing threats to society, but Harper prefers the reactive approach that maintains a constant state of conflict while doing nothing to resolve underlying issues.

The more I look at the two leaders the more I realize just how poorly served Canada has been since Harper took office and how much we need a change.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And if Harper, perish the thought, had said the same thing Justin did, instead of him, you would be all over his statement calling it stupid and harebrained................and.................
.You would have been absolutely correct:p

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
And if Harper, perish the thought, had said the same thing Justin did, instead of him, you would be all over his statement calling it stupid and harebrained................and.................
.You would have been absolutely correct:p

I'd have been surprised, Harper stuck to his, "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" approach that has worked so well in the past.

Being thoughtful about complex issues that often don't have a simple answer may not appeal to a man that thinks he does have all the answers, but I find it refreshing that Justin Trudeau wants to take a more meaningful approach to things like this.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What's harebrained about talking about crime prevention exactly?

Yeah, punishment is great, and security is wonderful, no one's argued those. But, they're meant to be safety nets, not the entirety of the system. Crime prevention is cheaper, safer, and builds better communities, than the other two ever could.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Yeah, punishment is great, and security is wonderful, no one's argued those. But, they're meant to be safety nets, not the entirety of the system. Crime prevention is cheaper, safer, and builds better communities, than the other two ever could.

and that is exactly what Justin said.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Harper keeps this up and he will simply hand Over the country to Justin.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I agree excepting this is more akin to a terror attack. We will always have events such as this.
But you point on crime prevention is correct.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I agree excepting this is more akin to a terror attack. We will always have events such as this.

It makes no difference. Terrorism doesn't develop in a vacuum.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It makes no difference. Terrorism doesn't develop in a vacuum.

It does not matter what we do\, and I am in favor of more of these types of programs. But we will always have one that believes in hate, has a grudge or for whatever reason feels killing is the only answer.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It does not matter what we do\, and I am in favor of more of these types of programs. But we will always have one that believes in hate, has a grudge or for whatever reason feels killing is the only answer.

defeatist attitude.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Here is what Obama said today at the cathedral !!

"Speaking from the pulpit in the soaring cathedral, the president didn't explicitly declare the deadly marathon explosions an "act of terror" as he did earlier in the week during remarks at the White House. But he showed little restraint in describing those responsible for the attack, calling them "small, stunted individuals."

"Yes, we will find you, and yes, you will face justice," he said, as the crowd – some""

Can you imagine if Trudeau was the PM and was faced with similar circumstances!!
This dumb fk would probably say that we have to feel sorry for these terrorist because they feel alienated and it's really our fault that these terrorists acted out this way!!

What a dumb fk this Trudeau idiot is, just as dumb as his mother!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Terrorist attacks still have root causes. And while I loathe the idea of letting terrorists 'have their say', I think it's worth finding out if it could have been prevented. Let's take a look at Ireland.... what happened to the terrorism there? Did the root cause get sorted out? Is that a bad thing?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
And if Harper, perish the thought, had said the same thing Justin did, instead of him, you would be all over his statement calling it stupid and harebrained..

Id think the timing was off no matter who said it. At least wait til the bodies are in the ground before talking about this stuff. Id agree with anyone who said it, just not the timing.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
PM Harper used the Boston tragedy as an opportunity to condemn Trudeau in the press without even being asked about it, it's obvious that his only intent is to discredit another rival for the throne as he's been doing so consistently over the last eight years.

Harper slams Trudeau for comments on Boston bombings - Politics - CBC News

Justin Trudeau makes the strong point that it's important to understand the motivations of actions like the bombing in Boston to effectively neutralize ongoing threats to society, but Harper prefers the reactive approach that maintains a constant state of conflict while doing nothing to resolve underlying issues.

The more I look at the two leaders the more I realize just how poorly served Canada has been since Harper took office and how much we need a change.

So.

Go tell Justin the motivation is Islam and jihad.

Now, what does he wish to do to address the underlying causes???