This Guy Is An Idiot

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Senator Patrick Brazeau tweets resignation in April Fools’ joke

By QMI Agency

Tory Senator Patrick Brazeau played a late April Fools' joke Monday night when he announced his ‘resignation’ over Twitter.
Brazeau, who is currently on leave from the Senate, wrote: “I will step down from my position!” followed by “Official announcement tomorrow at 10 am”.
Several of his followers and media outlets probed the embattled politician for more information, but were met with silence, until Brazeau tweeted “Happy April’s Fool’s Day!” a few hours later.
Brazeau pleaded not guilty in February to assault and sexual assault charges after police responded to a domestic disturbance call at his house.
He is currently out on bail and is on paid leave of absence from the Senate.
Brazeau is expected in court again in June.

Check out online reaction below.

Senator Patrick Brazeau tweets resignation in April Fools’ joke- Politics - Canoe.ca

Senator may just be the only job this fool is qualified to hold. Is he a five year old with nothing better to do with his time? I get that he's pleaded not guilty, but grow up and take the freaking charges seriously. They're serious charges. So how about showing an once of respect and decorum. It's bad enough that we pay through the nose for them to sit around the Senate Chamber and do nothing, now we have to pay through the nose for this guy to sit around at home doing nothing except play stupid, childish games on Twitter.

I know you have to be stupid to go into politics, but do they really have to be that stupid?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
"I know you have to be stupid to go into politics, but do they really have to be that stupid?"

If that's the prevailing attitude amongst the electorate then the joke really is on them, 24/7/365.

I really hope it is not.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Of course the joke is on us, the joke is on all of us. 24/7/365.

Or is there someone in the ivory tower that inspires your confidence? Because I'm tapped out.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Should Bob Rae renege on his promise not to run for the leadership at the last minute.....would liberals feel the same way they do about Brazeau????

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Should Bob Rae renege on his promise not to run for the leadership at the last minute.....would liberals feel the same way they do about Brazeau????

I would if he was charged with a serious criminal offence and spent his paid time off making stupid jokes about it all.

This guy is an idiot because of his behaviour, not because of the colour of his lawn sign come election time.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
He had better than half the population excited. However like a typical politician he will not take his snout out of the gravy bowl unless pushed. HARD.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We had this guy... a big shot in my old company who, whenever he was upset that he didn't get his way, would put in a letter of resignation. He did it twice and was talked down and coddled about it.

The third time the company accepted it and he tried to withdraw it. The company refused.

The guy was a big jerk.

We all had the biggest smiles on our faces about it. What a night of drinking that was!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We had this guy... a big shot in my old company who, whenever he was upset that he didn't get his way, would put in a letter of resignation. He did it twice and was talked down and coddled about it.

The third time the company accepted it and he tried to withdraw it. The company refused.

The guy was a big jerk.

We all had the biggest smiles on our faces about it. What a night of drinking that was!

Someone didn't read The Boy Who Cried Wolf when he was a lad, lol.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am floored that people take anything on twitter seriously. The fact that new outlets use twitter as a source for anything is scary as hell.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Someone didn't read The Boy Who Cried Wolf when he was a lad, lol.

It was at a much higher level than I. Through the grape vine however we heard that they accepted his letter... then he withdrew it saying he was just upset... they reiterated that they are still choosing to accept his letter and not allow him to withdraw it... then he went and begged to no avail.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Ah............................................no.

bob ain't no sex criminal.

leastwize, he ain't never been convicted.

nor charged either