More Rob Ford love from The Star

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ford's inner circle repeatedly urged mayor to enter rehab over pattern of alcohol abuse, apparent at several public events since he took office.

Mayor Rob Ford was asked to leave a gala event celebrating the Canadian armed forces last month, because organizers were concerned he was impaired.

The request to leave the Toronto Garrison Ball came two weeks before Sarah Thomson, a Toronto businesswoman and former mayoral candidate, created a media storm when she accused Ford of groping her while acting “out of it” at a Jewish political group’s event.

It’s an open secret at city hall that the mayor has battled alcohol abuse. Those closest to him are concerned for his health and the impact it has on his job as mayor of Canada’s largest city. Current and former staff have told the Star of repeated attempts to persuade the mayor to get help for more than two years and as recently as November. All attempts have been rebuffed.

more

Rob Ford: ‘Intoxicated’ Toronto mayor asked to leave military ball | Toronto Star

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
More Star fiction. No named sources except those who said Ford was fine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He should get up and pee in the middle of the night instead of resitsing and going back to sleep.

Then maybe he wouldn't look like somebody that washes back a 15 inch Dominos with a six pack.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
He needs rehab one way or the next. Booze, food, your liver doesn't know the difference. He's visibly not well.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford punched back Tuesday at a Toronto Star story alleging he has a drinking problem and was booted out of the Garrison Ball last month over fears he was intoxicated.

He was supported by six members of the 2013 Garrison Ball organizing committee, including two co-chairs, who issued a signed letter confirming they did not ask the mayor to leave the event “for any reason” on Feb. 23.

Mayor Rob Ford denies drinking allegations | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Oh oh, the Star just got caught lying, lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford punched back Tuesday at a Toronto Star story alleging he has a drinking problem and was booted out of the Garrison Ball last month over fears he was intoxicated.

He was supported by six members of the 2013 Garrison Ball organizing committee, including two co-chairs, who issued a signed letter confirming they did not ask the mayor to leave the event “for any reason” on Feb. 23.

Mayor Rob Ford denies drinking allegations | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

Oh oh, the Star just got caught lying, lol.

I don't believe for one minute that any of the upstanding reporters at the Star would lie about Ford in ANY way shape or form.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Mebee, mebee not.
No, they lied, their sources were BS, and DiManno is doing damage control, trying to throw the burden back on Ford.

I'd like to say I'm surprised you, someone who comes off as very reasoned, would even think of posting that nonsense. But I've come to realize, you're just a well disguised ideologue.

1, DiManno is a stark raving loon.
2, He doesn't need to explain anything. In Canada we have something called due process. It would be nice if the court of public opinion followed it.
3, There's no story for Ford to get ahead of. The Star published BS.

It's the Star that needs to get ahead of the story now.

I don't believe for one minute that any of the upstanding reporters at the Star would lie about Ford in ANY way shape or form.
Well he is fat you know.