TVO takes down pipeline bombing game from its website

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Ontario's public broadcaster, TVO, has pulled an online game showing the bombing of a gas pipeline off of its website.

The game, called "Pipe Trouble," sparked controversy when it was first posted this week. The game quickly caught the attention of Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne who is now looking into the situation.

Alberta Premier Alison Redford says she's glad the Ontario government is investigating.

more

TVO takes down pipeline bombing game from its website - Business - CBC News

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Ontario's public broadcaster, TVO, has pulled an online game showing the bombing of a gas pipeline off of its website.

The game, called "Pipe Trouble," sparked controversy when it was first posted this week. The game quickly caught the attention of Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne who is now looking into the situation.

Alberta Premier Alison Redford says she's glad the Ontario government is investigating.

more

TVO takes down pipeline bombing game from its website - Business - CBC News

Maybe the brainiacs at TVO can commission a game about how to stalk and kidnap children for their website ro replace the pipeline bombing game

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Political hypocrisy, as blow-'em-up-fer-freedom video war games are perfectly acceptable in the private sector.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Sponsors of the greatest ad campaign of all time.

You're willing to ge terrorist on GE's behalf?

Makes sense, right?... After all, blowing-up pipelines with oddles of oil/gas/bitumen in them that will burn really dirty and spew all manner of (evil) CO2 into the atmosphere is the best medicine for ole Mother Gaia

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Makes sense, right?... After all, blowing-up pipelines with oddles of oil/gas/bitumen in them that will burn really dirty and spew all manner of (evil) CO2 into the atmosphere is the best medicine for ole Mother Gaia
You are not too bright. The idea is to stop it from being built in the first place to avoid environmental damage.
I guess I should have used purple ink for the sarcastically challenged.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

You are not too bright. The idea is to stop it from being built in the first place to avoid environmental damage.
The unknown author (and yourself included) didn't realize that along with Govt, Media and Police, the Environmental Movement is one of their products too.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.

You've been fighting the pipeline, filling in time

provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.

You bought a guitar to punish your ma,

And you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool,

So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,

He always ate in the Salad Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.

So welcome to the machine.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

... But the eco-damage that results in you getting the social safety-net for your comfort is A-OK, eh? It's not environmental damage when it puts cash in Cliffy's pocket.

Notice how there is the absence of purple ink in the above comment.... Is there a specific print color at CC that denotes hypocrisy?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Playing a video GAME will make us all terrorists. I got Assassins Creed III for Christmas and I killed 3 people with my sword already.

Last edited: