Any thoughts on the BC Conservatives?

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
I'm not happy with the Liberals, and I'll never vote for the NDP, so there's only one party left. Trouble is, it seems to be asleep.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not happy with the Liberals, and I'll never vote for the NDP, so there's only one party left. Trouble is, it seems to be asleep.
We already have a conservative government masquerading as a Liberal party. What we need is for the Liberals to take back their party and the present gang of shysters to be who they really are, the Social Credit Party. Can't see how any of the parties are going to change the screwing we're getting except maybe using a different lubricant.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
BC conservatives make Harper and his religious whackos look like a dipper.

We already have a conservative government masquerading as a Liberal party. What we need is for the Liberals to take back their party and the present gang of shysters to be who they really are, the Social Credit Party. Can't see how any of the parties are going to change the screwing we're getting except maybe using a different lubricant.

BC Liberals are not all that far right it is just that the NDP is soooo far left that anything else seems right wing.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No thoughts on the BC Cons here. IF I vote, it will be for the best MLA I can see, regardless of party affiliation because IMO, voting to elect parties is stupid and is the reason we get gobshytes, duds, and culls like Gordon Campbull and Glen Cluck.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
No thoughts on the BC Cons here. IF I vote, it will be for the best MLA I can see, regardless of party affiliation because IMO, voting to elect parties is stupid and is the reason we get gobshytes, duds, and culls like Gordon Campbull and Glen Cluck.

Agreed. You should vote for a person and not a brand.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I will be so happy to see this election over when I can answer my phone and not find some pollster on the other end asking me how I feel about the Liberals. The only joy I get is telling them in no uncertain terms that the Libs stink to high heaven and CC is one pol whose time is so over.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I really don't see any difference between the BC Liberals and the Conservatives. Certainly the federal Conservatives rewarded Campbell for stabbing British Columbians in the back. Ms Clarke has been no better, how long ago was it that we voted against the HST? How long before it is gone? I know they are waiting until they can figure out how to tax us even more before they get rid of the HST.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The BC Conservatives are far right wing social conservatives who are trying to
get noticed. They are out of touch with reality in most cases and will say anything
to get noticed period.
The BC Liberals are a nasty coalition, that's right a coalition of the Federal Liberals
and Federal Conservatives. Remember all the fuss Harper made about a federal
coalition against him?
As for the NDP this time round they will be getting my vote, I have had enough of
those in power now. I could never vote for the BC Tories they are ultra right.
The current Liberals are kissy face with the Federal Tory supporters. I can't vote
for any group that supports Harper.
The Greens are a group of right wing not left wing people who want to raise the
price of fuel and electricity so we will conserve. I won't be doing that either.
The NDP is the only real alternative and they are not that far to the left at all.
In fact I went to a meeting to talk to candidates and found both the candidates in
the Kelowna area are business people.

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
It's likely that I'll vote for my incumbent Independent MLA. He was kicked out of the NDP for criticizing the former NDP leader Carol James on some minor policy matter. The guy is actually doing a pretty good job of looking after his constituents.