Will Christy Clark resign?

Vancouverite
There're calls for her to do so, but I doubt if her successor can save the BC Liberals - hey, maybe Justin Trudeau can make a try.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by VancouveriteView Post

There're calls for her to do so, but I doubt if her successor can save the BC Liberals - hey, maybe Justin Trudeau can make a try.

You do realize that the BC Liberals are not true Liberals......right?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

You do realize that the BC Liberals are not true Liberals......right?

I've heard that said a lot, but I've yet to hear anyone say what a Liberal is. I would say they ARE a true Liberal based on Liberal being a free enterprise party. Liberals are also renowned for taxation.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
JLM in actual fact the BC Liberal Party is the rebuilt Social Credit party
Yes it is the coalition of the Federal Conservatives and the Federal Liberals.
Once again the Party is about to sink in the waters of self interest.
She is done and I believe the people will be waiting for what comes after,
the immediate future will feature the NDP.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Yep, for however long that future will be!

Vancouverite
I don't see the Provincial Conservatives taking over, so, yes, it will be the NDP.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I don't see the Provincial Conservatives taking over, so, yes, it will be the NDP.

'Fraid so, it's getting scary. When we see all the new taxes, the H.S.T./G.S.T. debacle will seem like a picnic!

petros
+1
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

'Fraid so, it's getting scary. When we see all the new taxes, the H.S.T./G.S.T. debacle will seem like a picnic!

You'll probably have it reinstated or nailed as a transit or infrastructure tax on gas.

gerryh
+1

No, the BC liberal party was originally a Liberal Party.Then the socreds imploded, and campbell and his cronies did an end run and took over the Party.

Vancouverite

Maybe they have learned their lesson. Too bad the Conservatives can't take up the slack.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Maybe they have learned their lesson. Too bad the Conservatives can't take up the slack.

The BC Liberals are conservative.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The BC Liberals are conservative.

Actually Liberals and Conservatives are pretty much the same thing!

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Actually Liberals and Conservatives are pretty much the same thing!

True but since the Socreds hijacked the Liberal party, and they were the ruling conservatives for so long, the Party is more conservative than liberal. They are still selling off our grandkids' future, keeping Whacky Bennett's legacy alive.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

True but since the Socreds hijacked the Liberal party, and they were the ruling conservatives for so long, the Party is more conservative than liberal. They are still selling off our grandkids' future, keeping Whacky Bennett's legacy alive.

In hind sight old Wacky looks pretty good, although at the time we regarded him as a miserable old curmudgeon. He had a lot of basic common sense like in not spending money you don't have- deficits and debt was unknown. He had more knowledge than all the Liberals and N.D.P. today combined. He was the boss and didn't take any sh*T. Possibly the only Canadian alive today who was even close might be Ralph Klein.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
No Christi won't resign and the Liberals will lose the election period

talloola
No Party Affiliation

that might be more fun, as he voters can run her out of town, and she won't have any choice.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Yeah, it's too bad, she just doesn't have it as far as being premier is concerned- you have to be downright mean for that job- Bill Bennett (from Cranbrook) would make an ideal premier, he doesn't take any sh*t from anybody.

Chev
No Party Affiliation
+1

damngrumpy..."the immediate future will feature the NDP
Serious question, is that really a good thing? From anything I've heard about any NDP, it's not..?
In Alberta, I would not want the NDP running the show but the leader and his sidekick sure throw alot of crap at the government

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You'll probably have it reinstated or nailed as a transit or infrastructure tax on gas.

I think petros has nailed it. Alberta government insists "there will be no new taxes". We keep seeing more 'fees' for things. Budget comes down later today. We'll see how many more 'fees' skyrocket. And how many 'tax increases' are snuck in the back door with a different name. Premier promised the world during leadership vote and Alberta government promised the world during elections. So many voters were royally sucked in.
Last edited by Chev; Mar 7th, 2013 at 03:21 AM..Reason: missed a sentence

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by ChevView Post

damngrumpy..."the immediate future will feature the NDP
Serious question, is that really a good thing? From anything I've heard about any NDP, it's not..?
In Alberta, I would not want the NDP running the show but the leader and his sidekick sure throw alot of crap at the government

I think petros has nailed it. Alberta government insists "there will be no new taxes". We keep seeing more 'fees' for things. Budget comes down later today. We'll see how many more 'fees' skyrocket. And how many 'tax increases' are snuck in the back door with a different name. Premier promised the world during leadership vote and Alberta government promised the world during elections. So many voters were royally sucked in.

I think once in a blue moon an N.D.P. Gov't can be a good thing just to balance things off, but in good times not in times of austerity. There are a few things (damn few) that Gov't is better at managing than the private sector and those are things that shouldn't be done for profit. There is no way enterpreneurs should be profiting off the handicapped and unfortunate.

no new posts