Liberals inflict an OISE arsehole on Ontario as Premier

Locutus
Some interesting bloggerism:

The way a person speaks, their vocabulary, and their cultural practices will tell you, in very general terms, something about them. Even certain aspects about their physical appearance, such as whether they are unkempt or well-groomed, if their clothes are neat and expensive or not, can lead to natural and not unreasonable inferences.

But one thing that anyone of sound intellect in a modern civilization has come to realize is that you can't make rational judgments about an individual based solely on their skin color. Pigmentation will tell you nothing about a person's intelligence, affluence, education, cultural practices, religion, or anything else of substance.

The only people who think they really know something about another person based on their skin color are racists, and racists are not only stupid, but they tend to be a s s holes.

So, who are the racists in North American? There are a few moronic troglodytes who represent the classic notion of the racist - the handful of imbecilic neo-Nazis who try to mitigate their pathetic failures of lives by attempting to bolster themselves with the hare-brained idea of collective racial superiority. Those are the obvious a s s holes.

Unfortunately, there is a vastly more pervasive form of racism that has infected our society with the imprimatur of respectable educational and political institutions, such as the University of Toronto's Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE). It's an insidious racism rooted in political dogma that places everything in delusive terms of perceived power structures and relationships. This racism deems that no matter how wealthy, how influential, how powerful and informed you are, if you aren't white, you are oppressed, racialized and a victim. This same racism postulates that no matter how enlightened, egalitarian and fair you may be, or no matter how impoverished and subjugated, if you are Caucasian, you are an oppressor and a beneficiary of "white privilege."

read more

Eye on a Crazy Planet

and in related stuff:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/lilleyspad/gen...ecial-mission/

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/W...lum-13079.aspx

Nuggler
+4 / -1
"

Wynne, a former education activist, entered the political boxing ring fighting the Mike Harris government’s Common Sense Revolution in the 1990s. She founded a group lobbying for better education and joined another led by former Toronto mayor John Sewell and resisted deep cuts to education, reports the Globe and Mail.

.............sounds good to me; whatever her sexual orientation might be............Anyone who had a role in ousting the knuckle dragger, get us back to the 18 th century idiot that Harris was, can't be ALL BAD.

She hasn't won any elections yet, and the Cons and Dippers are all over her. She must scare the shyte out of them.

She'll be pulling uphill so let's see what she accomplishes.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+3
Too bad they couldn't get Rob Ford to become Premier.

Nuggler
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Too bad they couldn't get Rob Ford to become Premier.

The provincial health insurance would never cover him.

NOTHING could - ever cover him.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2
Rob Ford for Premier a Province on the edge of political suicide is what that would be.
I say give her a chance, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Christie in BC is a
disaster but that is BC. Hudac is more of a joke so she should do well

TeddyBallgame
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Rob Ford for Premier a Province on the edge of political suicide is what that would be.
I say give her a chance, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Christie in BC is a

- Grumpy ... You are a joke and McGuinty is a joke and Wynne who is to the left of McGuinty and who advocated Sharia law in Ontario and who never said no to any yeachers unions demands as Education Minister and as a school board trustee is a joke but Hudak who is proposing several important iniatives to save Ontario's sorry fiscal *** and revitalize its flagging economy is not a joke nor is Ford who has now passed three excellent budgets which have significantly improved the financial strength of Toronto, curbed monopoly public sector union power and extravegance and sent out a clear signal to investors and the business community that the city is finally on the right fiscal track which is partly responsible for Toronto being evaluated last year as havingthe healthiest economy among all major Canadian cities.

- Why kid the troops? Just be honest, grumpy, and say look I was a long time monopoly public sector union leader who made his money screwing the helpless net taxpayers in the private sector so anything I say here is part of that left wing, big government, big union agenda. This way those of us who can actually read without using either our fingers or our lips and who understand the principles of budgetting and economic growth might have a little more respect for you and also the many here who are fellow lefty public sector union toughers will love you even more than they do now. I realize that a lengthy stint in union management tends to make a person into an inveterate and congenital liar 24/7 but you can overcome this if you really try.

- Here is the latest analysis on what the public sector union lapdog government of McGuinty has done to Ontario:

‘Greece offers a cautionary tale’: Fraser Institute likens Ontario to economic basket-cases as province’s debt climbs

Scott Stinson | Jan 31, 2013 2:04 AM ET | Last Updated: Jan 31, 2013 2:09 AM ET

As a new Ontario premier prepares to take office and a finance minister plans to leave his, a new report says the challenges presented by the province’s swollen debt have not been sufficiently addressed — and compares the situation unfavourably to such economic basket-cases as California and Greece.
The 66-page paper from the Fraser Institute, a fiscally conservative think-tank, also argues that under “status quo” policies the province’s debt as a share of its gross domestic product will almost double by the end of the decade. The authors of “The State of Ontario’s Indebtedness: Warning Signs to Act” note that the Liberal government’s own commission on public service reform, which produced the Drummond Report, “should have been a wake-up call … regarding the immediate need for reform of the province’s spending.”
Instead, they write in the report that will be released on Thursday, “the government has chosen to simply slow the rate of growth in spending over the next few years without any serious reform.”

Finance Minister Dwight Duncan, who has said he will not seek re-election and is expected to resign his Windsor MPP seat sometime in the next few weeks, gave bookend speeches at the start and end of the Liberal leadership race won by Kathleen Wynne that warned the slate of candidates of the difficult economic picture facing the province. Even as he touted in a speech last week that Ontario’s 2012-13 deficit is now forecasted to be $11.9-billion, about $3-billion lower than expected in last spring’s budget, Mr. Duncan said Ontario will have to double its current rate of spending cuts if it is to curb the deficit by 2017-18.
But the Finance Minister also said the Liberals have avoided more drastic measures taken in states like Michigan and California, which have fired public-sector workers by the thousands while dealing with their own budget woes.
The Fraser Institute report, however, argues that from a debt perspective California is in much better shape than Ontario. It says the province “is in a worse position than California on every measure of indebtedness.” Using 2010-11 figures for bonded debt, the report says Ontario had almost $240-billion compared with $144-billion for California, even though the latter has a much larger economy and population. Once the population is factored in, California’s per capita bonded debt of $3,833 is about a fifth of Ontario’s ($17,922).
“For those Ontarians who look at California in puzzlement over its inability to solve its deficit and debt challenges, [we] strongly encourage them to look inward at the severity of their own indebtedness,” the authors note.
Officials in the provincial Finance Ministry, however, disputed the comparison.
“You can’t compare Ontario to California,” said Aly Vitunski, spokeswoman for the Finance Minister. “While they’re facing mass layoffs, we’re freezing wages so we can save Ontario jobs. We’re also undertaking fundamental pension reform to ensure sustainable pensions for Ontarians, while California has been crippled under the weight of the cost of public-sector pensions.”
California, like many U.S. states, also has a constitutional requirement that demands a balanced budget, so it is unable to accumulate debt in the manner that a Canadian province can.
For the comparison with Greece, the report says that country’s net debt-to-GDP ratio was 37% in 1984, “exactly where Ontario’s [ratio] stands today.” Greece, one of the European countries most battered by the global recession, now has a debt-to-GDP ratio of a remarkable 163%. The report argues that if Ontario continues with policies that only serve to slow the rate of spending growth, “Greece offers a cautionary tale.”

National Post

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+6
#7  Top Rated Post
Yadda, yadda, Fraser Institute (right wing stink tank) yadda, yadda! Woopty doo! Seriously, get a life.

petros
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

circus tents for sale

Min. Order: 1 Set
FOB Price: US $30-80 / Square Meter
Supply Ability: 1000 Set/Sets per Month

circus tents for sale
1.PVC&Aluminum 6061/T6
2.Water-proof, fire-proof, UV-resistant
3.Meet TUV CE standar
4light cheap...
Place of Origin: CN;GUA
Tags: Circus Tents | Circus Tents | Circus Tents

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by TeddyBallgameView Post

National Post

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Yadda, yadda, Fraser Institute (right wing stink tank) yadda, yadda! Woopty doo! Seriously, get a life.

From the National Post Cliffy.... The numbers speak for themselves

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

The provincial health insurance would never cover him.

Maybe a size 52!

Apparently Ford does have some smarts when it comes to finance!

Teddy should stick with his mensa tests!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+4

Christie has been doing a good job so far. She is also our only hope to keep the NDP from destroying the provincial economy again.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Numbers mean nothing to the left. Unless it is their personal pension.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Christie has been doing a good job so far. She is also our only hope to keep the NDP from destroying the provincial economy again.

Actually I think you are right but it's no use telling anyone that! The mentality won't let go of the Basi/Virk fiasco!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Actually I think you are right but it's no use telling anyone that! The mentality won't let go of the Basi/Virk fiasco!

Typical of the left to fixate on the insignificant.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Actually it was very significant................at the time, but nowhere near as significant as the Fast Cats and the Fudgit Budget!

Spade
Free Thinker
+4
Ontario has a new Liberal premier.
Oh no!

The premier is a woman?
Oh no, oh no!

She values education?
Oh no, oh no, oh no!

She is an intelligent woman.
Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!

She is an intelligent woman who would not want to have sex with you?
Well, neither would an intelligent heterosexual woman.

CDNBear
+3
Wow!

And they call me childish, lol.

Spade
Free Thinker
Deceptively preceptive, aren't they?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Not really.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Not really.

lol Preceptive - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
+5
Why are we pre-emptively attacking this woman?

She's progressive, fiscally responsible and I heard she went down on Redford.

What's not to like?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+4
I like the fact she's not Whodat. She doesn't have a public utility to sell and render the province too expensive for heavy industry. The damage is done. What can she hurt now?

Tonington
+2

No, from the Fraser Institute, the caption in the bottom corner says "Source: Fraser Institute". The National Post just re-packaged it. Onatario residents should wish they were comparable to California. Greece not so much. But at least they are comparing apples to apples now. Greece, California, and Ontario all share the fact that they have no power over the currency they use. Something most gloss over when making stupid comparisons to Greece.

As for the blog in the OP? It's a poorly written Op-Ed, lots of rhetoric, not so much supporting fact.

Nuggler
+1

Maybe a size 52!

Apparently Ford does have some smarts when it comes to finance!

Teddy should stick with his mensa tests!

He should at least pass one and let us see the results.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I like the fact she's not Whodat. She doesn't have a public utility to sell and render the province too expensive for heavy industry. The damage is done. What can she hurt now?

Line up for your bread and gruel everyone. Bring your own bowl and spoon.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

No, from the Fraser Institute, the caption in the bottom corner says "Source: Fraser Institute". The National Post just re-packaged it. Onatario residents should wish they were comparable to California. Greece not so much. But at least they are comparing apples to apples now. Greece, California, and Ontario all share the fact that they have no power over the currency they use. Something most gloss over when making stupid comparisons to Greece.

I'm guessing that the national Post did their Due Diligence on the numbers and are prepared to accept responsibility as they published them in their article. Regardless, in the end, the figures can either be confirmed or not, there is not a lot of room for selective interpretation on these.

In terms of control over their currency - you certainly are correct, but all of the aforementioned jurisdictions knew that prior to taking on the debt they have. In fact, I'd wager that one of the reasons that they decided to assume debt had to do with the strength of the currency they employ

As for the blog in the OP? It's a poorly written Op-Ed, lots of rhetoric, not so much supporting fact.

As mentioned, the numbers are the numbers.... And by in large, they are bloody frightening figures

mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation

No, from the Fraser Institute, the caption in the bottom corner says "Source: Fraser Institute".

Ah.

Well that's that then.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

As mentioned, the numbers are the numbers.... And by in large, they are bloody frightening figures

I'm guessing that if those numbers came from a liberal stink tank, you would be all over them like sh*t on a stick. The Post is just another biased media source. None of them do due diligence. They just reprint crap that suits their purpose. Its all about steering the sheeple in the direction the ruling class wants them to go in.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

I'm guessing that if those numbers came from a liberal stink tank, you would be all over them like sh*t on a stick. The Post is just another biased media source. None of them do due diligence. They just reprint crap that suits their purpose. Its all about steering the sheeple in the direction the ruling class wants them to go in.

Tell ya what Cliff... Instead of speculating on what other people would (or wouldn't) do, why not actually look into the accuracy of the numbers and then deliver your ever-so-insightful analysis.

To me, it looks like you don't like what the stats represent, so in true fashion, ya bury your head in the sand and pretend that they don't exist at all... Easy solution, eh? Pretend that there are no facts and life magically goes back to rainbows, unicorns and cinnamon buns

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Tell ya what Cliff... Instead of speculating on what other people would (or wouldn't) do, why not actually look into the accuracy of the numbers and then deliver your ever-so-insightful analysis.

To me, it looks like you don't like what the stats represent, so in true fashion, ya bury your head in the sand and pretend that they don't exist at all... Easy solution, eh? Pretend that there are no facts and life magically goes back to rainbows, unicorns and cinnamon buns

Why would I waste my time reading stuff that means nothing to me. I have been hoping the economy would go down the crapper for a long time. Maybe then we will stop destroying our life support system and take a good hard look at what we are doing, reassess our priorities and learn to work together for a future that takes our great grandkids lives into consideration. The planet cannot sustain the rape and pillage mentality of today's economy. The way I see it is we either flush the economy now or flush the planet and all living things. But people are greedy and short sighted, so I can see that only slamming into a brick wall will stop them long enough to see what it is that they are doing to themselves and their children's children. That is why 40 years ago I went to learn how to survive in the forest. I saw this wall coming up. The sooner the people who think money is god hit that wall the better for all life on this planet.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Why would I waste my time reading stuff that means nothing to me. I have been hoping the economy would go down the crapper for a long time. Maybe then we will stop destroying our life support system and take a good hard look at what we are doing, reassess our priorities and learn to work together for a future that takes our great grandkids lives into consideration. The planet cannot sustain the rape and pillage mentality of today's economy. The way I see it is we either flush the economy now or flush the planet and all living things. But people are greedy and short sighted, so I can see that only slamming into a brick wall will stop them long enough to see what it is that they are doing to themselves and their children's children. That is why 40 years ago I went to learn how to survive in the forest. I saw this wall coming up. The sooner the people who think money is god hit that wall the better for all life on this planet.

I hear you, Cliffy, but I'm not sure it has to be quite "the either or" situation you infer. The human animals being what they are, I'm not sure greed can be removed from the equation, but if it could I don't see why we can't have industrial activity at the same time as preserving life in all forms. I don't believe that things like dumping oil in the ocean are inevitable, more the result of haste and stupidity. But until greed is not part of the scenario, you are indeed correct in your observations!

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Why would I waste my time reading stuff that means nothing to me.

.. But you did waste your time reading it... You just decided to NOT educate yourself on the realities.

Back to the rainbows and unicorns for ya.

I have been hoping the economy would go down the crapper for a long time.

You'll be among the first causalities of that

Maybe then we will stop destroying our life support system and take a good hard look at what we are doing, reassess our priorities and learn to work together for a future that takes our great grandkids lives into consideration.

Ah, the ole Mother Gaia crutch.

The planet cannot sustain the rape and pillage mentality of today's economy.

Yeah, not like the way it sustained itself prior to mankind.

What a laugh

The way I see it is we either flush the economy now or flush the planet and all living things.

How would you have any idea on this?... You don't waste your time reading, remember?

But people are greedy and short sighted, so I can see that only slamming into a brick wall will stop them long enough to see what it is that they are doing to themselves and their children's children. That is why 40 years ago I went to learn how to survive in the forest. I saw this wall coming up. The sooner the people who think money is god hit that wall the better for all life on this planet.

What a joke... You come to this break through conclusion only after you have run your course and created all of the alledged damage for everyone else to deal with?

Stop being a chicken sh*t and call it what it is Cliffy... The economy is a byproduct of human existence.. You don't want an economy translates into a mass cull.

Why are you hardcore greeines so reluctant to call it exactly what it is?

no new posts