Conservative party sees surge in support

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Don't get all mad now.

If a federal election were held today, the Conservative Party of Canada would garner 36% of the vote, a three percentage point boost in public support compared to last month, says a Forum Poll for the National Post.

The NDP would get 28% of the vote, the Liberal Party of Canada 25%, the Bloc Quebecois 7% and the Green Party 4%.

The portion of Canadians who approve of Prime Minister Stephen Harper also went up this month to 38% from 35%.

Of the 308 seats in the House of Commons, Members of Parliament from the party led by Prime Minister Stephen Harper would take 144, up from 129 last month, the poll says. The NDP would take 73 seats, a dip from last month’s 77. The Liberals would take 68 seats, also a dip from 77. The Bloc would get 22 seats.

The Green Party would hang on to leader Elizabeth May’s single seat.

more

Conservative party sees surge in support since last month, new poll shows | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
My guess is that the poll is a wee bit of a flash in the pan.

The Idle All the Time gang is getting a fair bit of media attention these days.
And it probably stands to reason that most folks would respond to that issue by leaning towards a steady Eddie, law and order type Prime Minister with a strong hand like Harper.

If the protests fizzle away I would assume that some voters would then return to contemplating the showered glories and shared riches campaigns of the all satisfiying Leftists.

If things get a little edgy or unsettled in Canada in the future then it is likely that some people will start moving their political support and allegiance towards the Conservatives.

My guess is that it will probably all blow over politically and Harper will slide back down to his normal trendlines in national polling.

After all the Dauphin man-child waits in the wings for the next election.
And the crown is owed.
Owed I say.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
No way in hell I will ever vote for Harper after he screwed Veterans. And yes there are other reasons as well.

- BS! You are a lefty loon who would never vote for any government withn the word conservative in it. Harper ended the "Decade of Darkness" for our military and gave it missions, resources and pride again and has also done a number of things to make the Veterans Affairs bureaucracy more responsive to the concerns and needs of veterans.
Harper Government delivers improved benefits for Canadian Veterans

October 10, 2012
  • Valcartier, QC, and Ottawa, ON — The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, and Eve Adams, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs, announced today that effective immediately, the Government of Canada will deliver increased benefits to Canadian Forces Veterans. This will be accomplished by ending the deduction of Veterans’ disability pensions when calculating their Earnings Loss and Canadian Forces Income Support benefits.
“We have worked quickly to make changes to Veterans’ benefits to put more money in the pockets of Veterans and their families, including some who haven’t been receiving these benefits until now,” said Minister Blaney. “We are also working quickly to make the necessary changes to the War Veterans Allowance Act so a disability pension will no longer be considered when calculating the War Veterans Allowance benefit.”
“These changes, amounting to an investment of $177.7 million over five years, demonstrate the Harper Government’s ongoing determination to meet the needs of Veterans and their families,” added Minister Blaney. “We are working hard to bring real help where and when it’s needed most for Canada’s heroes.”
“The Harper Government will continue to work to provide more help for Veterans and their families where and when they need it most.” said Parliamentary Secretary Adams. “At the direction of the Minister, officials will also be reviewing the records of those who are eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit and may now be able to receive a payment.”
Earnings Loss Benefit and Canadians Forces Income Support Benefit recipients who are also in receipt of a disability pension from Veterans Affairs Canada may see a significant increase in their payment in the coming weeks. All affected recipients will be notified in writing with details of the recalculation and change to their payment.
“This is a significant step forward and Minister Blaney should be commended for addressing this major issue in Veterans’ benefits,” said Ray Kokkonen, President of the Canadian Peacekeeping Veterans Association.
“We are happy with the announced changes today,” says Gordon Moore, Dominion President of the Royal Canadian Legion, an association with more than 330,000 members. “The Legion is encouraged that the Government has looked at the unfairness of these clawbacks.”
For more information on these changes, visit veterans.gc.ca.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
- BS! You are a lefty loon who would never vote for any government withn the word conservative in it. Harper ended the "Decade of Darkness" for our military and gave it missions, resources and pride again and has also done a number of things to make the Veterans Affairs bureaucracy more responsive to the concerns and needs of veterans.
Harper Government delivers improved benefits for Canadian Veterans

October 10, 2012
  • Valcartier, QC, and Ottawa, ON — The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, and Eve Adams, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs, announced today that effective immediately, the Government of Canada will deliver increased benefits to Canadian Forces Veterans. This will be accomplished by ending the deduction of Veterans’ disability pensions when calculating their Earnings Loss and Canadian Forces Income Support benefits.
“We have worked quickly to make changes to Veterans’ benefits to put more money in the pockets of Veterans and their families, including some who haven’t been receiving these benefits until now,” said Minister Blaney. “We are also working quickly to make the necessary changes to the War Veterans Allowance Act so a disability pension will no longer be considered when calculating the War Veterans Allowance benefit.”
“These changes, amounting to an investment of $177.7 million over five years, demonstrate the Harper Government’s ongoing determination to meet the needs of Veterans and their families,” added Minister Blaney. “We are working hard to bring real help where and when it’s needed most for Canada’s heroes.”
“The Harper Government will continue to work to provide more help for Veterans and their families where and when they need it most.” said Parliamentary Secretary Adams. “At the direction of the Minister, officials will also be reviewing the records of those who are eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit and may now be able to receive a payment.”
Earnings Loss Benefit and Canadians Forces Income Support Benefit recipients who are also in receipt of a disability pension from Veterans Affairs Canada may see a significant increase in their payment in the coming weeks. All affected recipients will be notified in writing with details of the recalculation and change to their payment.
“This is a significant step forward and Minister Blaney should be commended for addressing this major issue in Veterans’ benefits,” said Ray Kokkonen, President of the Canadian Peacekeeping Veterans Association.
“We are happy with the announced changes today,” says Gordon Moore, Dominion President of the Royal Canadian Legion, an association with more than 330,000 members. “The Legion is encouraged that the Government has looked at the unfairness of these clawbacks.”
For more information on these changes, visit veterans.gc.ca.

Lets get this straight Fuky- read the Veterans Charter- passed by all 3 parties - unanimous vote- why - 7 Billion in estimated cost in 2005 - those costs would only increase.

Not 1, not 1 Veterans Org has approved of these changes - These are the same changes the UK brought in- Google it to find out how Fuked it was you illiterate Fkhead.

The medical costs of treating injured Soldiers who incurred those injuries in War, and you know sweet fuk all because you are an ffn uninformed idiot, a FFn party hack. Come back when you have at least a simple Fukng idea of WTF the subject is.

A Fukng AF Officer that never saw Fukall during his career.

Fukin Officers always looking after themselves. Not all but you fit the FFn mould.

And do not have the audacity of shoving that Harper PC crap about caring for Soldiers at me. I know better

So Fukhead do not talk to me about the Days of Darkness. Yes I realize by posting this that I am will be up for a time out.

Last edited:

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Lets get the straight Fuky- read the Veterans Charter- passed by all 3 parties - unanimous vote- why - 7 Billion in estimated cost in 2005 - those costs would only increase.

Not 1, not 1 Veterans Org has approved of these changes - These are the same changes the UK brought in- Google it to find out how Fuked it was you illiterate Fkhead.

The medical costs of treating injured Soldiers who incurred those injuries in War, and you know sweet fuk all because you are an ffn uninformed idiot, a FFn party hack. Come back when you have at least a simple Fukng idea of WTF the subject is.

Fukin Officers always looking after themselves. Not all but you fit the FFn mould.

And do not have the audacity of shoving that Harper PC crap about caring for Soldiers at me. I know better

So Fukhead do not talk to me about the Days of Darkness. Yes I realize by posting this that I am will be up for a time out.
I am sensing tension.

It may be time for a healing circle.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Goob,if I may. Please don't get the idea I m defending tbg,but I don't think he's an" illiterate Fkhead".A ignorant Fkhead for sure,but I'll bet he passed english studies.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Lets get the straight Fuky- read the Veterans Charter- passed by all 3 parties - unanimous vote- why - 7 Billion in estimated cost in 2005 - those costs would only increase.

But everyone knows that ALL veterans are lefty loons. teddy and walter can vouch for that.

I keep expecting Loc to pop in here and tell us it is all a hoax.

I thought eveyone already knew tedddy is a hoax.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Seems i was wrong about your ability to discuss.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goob,if I may. Please don't get the idea I m defending tbg,but I don't think he's an" illiterate Fkhead".A ignorant Fkhead for sure,but I'll bet he passed english studies.

Yes, my grammar is lacking.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
meh

polls are made by idiots, for idiots.

and anyone who thinks they have any bearing on anything is just that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I am sensing tension.

It may be time for a healing circle.