Is Welfare The Government’s Fault?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak wants to cut welfare off of people that have fallen on hard times as a solution of the province’s cash shortfall.

The government is supposed to help create jobs by making it favourable for businesses to set up and run their companies and employ people when the business moves away for cheaper pastures because of government’s greed then they should be responsible for unemployed people that have fallen on hard times.

Our economy runs as a big supply chain and when a small link breaks then the whole engine slows down and cost more to get back to running efficiently.

We pay taxes to the government to keep us out of harm’s way and give us all a better lifestyle and the government sees the whole picture and is supposed to act accordingly to make sure it’s smooth sailing with minimal surprises and every so often there is an oddball like Tim Hudak who means well and has good intentions that wants to throw a monkey wrench into system and start the process all over.

Is welfare the government’s fault? I would say yes.

What do you think?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:protest: Hoodat is a neocon basket case. Makes Mike Harris look like Mother Theresa.

If Ont. ever elects this throwback, we will deserve every piece of feces he downloads onto us.

Maybe he can win a 35% "majority" like chubby Steve.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
:protest: Hoodat is a neocon basket case. Makes Mike Harris look like Mother Theresa.

If Ont. ever elects this throwback, we will deserve every piece of feces he downloads onto us.

Maybe he can win a 35% "majority" like chubby Steve.
Mike Harris: low unemployment, balanced budgets, paying down the debt, booming economy; sure don't want to go back to that crap.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O What province was that in Walter?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=accomplishments%20of%20mike%20harris&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFkQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpoliticos-rkd.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F12%2Fthe-link-between-mike-harriss-common.html&ei=PE35ULHqEM2s0AHogoDYAw&usg=AFQjCNFD9evLRSDSY-7M4C3VtXOVfIPkjw

Nat.Post:Mike Harris didn’t respect the public service. He cost students tens of millions of school days due to needless labour disputes. He arbitrarily cut necessary services that cost the province more to replace via consultants than it had when done by civil servants. He did lasting damage to health care and education with deep, indiscriminate cuts. He tried to mislead voters by hiding debts off the books, and quit politics when it became clear he could not be re-elected.

----------------------------

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...AnaA1khxMp-9RHxMFdEffvw&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dmQ

-------------------------------

He and his wife started up a "seniors care" thingy. I hope you wind up there someday.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

No it is not the government's fault but they are a piece of the puzzle. They can support the growth of the economy or kill it via their policies. You are right that our system functions like the ecosystem. Destroy one piece of it and everything falls apart. There are so many factors it is like trying to juggle a million balls, each part does affect another.

As for welfare, he hasn't a clue. And it is this mindless indifference to the human condition that is disturbing. It is this me first and screw you, in fact the lower down you go the higher I go... this mentality is what killed the whole economy of the States.

Welfare will always be a necessity and those of us who can support the weaker have a moral obligation to do so.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Welfare will always be a necessity and those of us who can support the weaker have a moral obligation to do so.

There is another side to the 'responsibility coin' regarding this issue and excepting those that are infirm, elderly or unable, there needs to be a cut-off point where the system stops being an option as opposed to a last-ditch requirement

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
There is another side to the 'responsibility coin' regarding this issue and excepting those that are infirm, elderly or unable, there needs to be a cut-off point where the system stops being an option as opposed to a last-ditch requirement
Totally agree.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think the jist of it is that unlike currently, he would pay more or not pay less if the person was working.

If the person is perenially out of work, not sure why they should continue to get government subsidy. At the very least it should be time limited unless there are other factors.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
8O What province was that in Walter?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...goDYAw&usg=AFQjCNFD9evLRSDSY-7M4C3VtXOVfIPkjw

Nat.Post:Mike Harris didn’t respect the public service. He cost students tens of millions of school days due to needless labour disputes. He arbitrarily cut necessary services that cost the province more to replace via consultants than it had when done by civil servants. He did lasting damage to health care and education with deep, indiscriminate cuts. He tried to mislead voters by hiding debts off the books, and quit politics when it became clear he could not be re-elected.

----------------------------

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...AnaA1khxMp-9RHxMFdEffvw&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dmQ

-------------------------------

He and his wife started up a "seniors care" thingy. I hope you wind up there someday.
Impeccable sources. Can't argue with lefty blogs because they have drunk the Kool-Aid.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Mike Harris: low unemployment, balanced budgets, paying down the debt, booming economy; sure don't want to go back to that crap.
No.... We'd hate to have all that cheap electricity that once attracted industry to the population. We might have to close down a golf course to build some factories.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Impeccable sources. Can't argue with lefty blogs because they have drunk the Kool-Aid.

- Walter, how dare you argue with CanadianContent`s Moochers, Morons and Misfits! This forum is a Mecca or a magnet for the M,M&Ms and since they all tend in one form or another to live off the public trough, anyone who might threaten to tinker with said trough scares the hell out of them. In Hudak`s case, liberalman who has Pierre Trudea`s picture as his avatar and seems to have all of the brains and gravitas of Justin Trudeau starts off with a bloody lie about Hudak`s intentions which, in fact, are designed to increase welfar recipients`motivation to work by enabling them to keep more of their welfare money while they earn money in part time and low wage jobs. It sounds like something worth doing or at least thinking about rather than deliberately distorting and attacking out of hand

- Naturally, this crap thread went right to the top of silobreaker while my thread on the fire fighters union rip offs wasn`t even included there. I wonder what lefty weasel is manning the silobreaker site today.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'd have to agree with you....

Having been stuck on the system while fighting to get Workers Compensation, then again for ODSP, I have had opportunity to see some career welfare folk at their finest. I suggest reinstating home visits. You'd probably be amazed at the number of addresses that are vacant lots and abandoned buildings.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012

Having been stuck on the system while fighting to get Workers Compensation, then again for ODSP, I have had opportunity to see some career welfare folk at their finest. I suggest reinstating home visits. You'd probably be amazed at the number of addresses that are vacant lots and abandoned buildings.

- LW ... Good point. Regrettably, home visits are too much like work so I`m thinking that the union (OPSEU) would successfully fight such a policy change and besides the continuing growth of the unionized labour force involved in the welfare system depends somewhat on the continuing growth in the number of welfare recipients so this is another reason that the union would fight such a change. As well, there would be potentially successful challenges under PET`s Charter.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

These have been mostly replaced by subsidized housing.

If the facts can't be refuted, shoot the messenger,. Good stuff, Wally.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
- Walter, how dare you argue with CanadianContent`s Moochers, Morons and Misfits! This forum is a Mecca or a magnet for the M,M&Ms and since they all tend in one form or another to live off the public trough, anyone who might threaten to tinker with said trough scares the hell out of them. In Hudak`s case, liberalman who has Pierre Trudea`s picture as his avatar and seems to have all of the brains and gravitas of Justin Trudeau starts off with a bloody lie about Hudak`s intentions which, in fact, are designed to increase welfar recipients`motivation to work by enabling them to keep more of their welfare money while they earn money in part time and low wage jobs. It sounds like something worth doing or at least thinking about rather than deliberately distorting and attacking out of hand

- Naturally, this crap thread went right to the top of silobreaker while my thread on the fire fighters union rip offs wasn`t even included there. I wonder what lefty weasel is manning the silobreaker site today.

If CC is so full of those that you despise, why are you still here? That is a rhetorical question, I already know the answer. The reason is, is that you are ultimatley a troll. ALL your posts are derogatory in nature towards to majority of the membership. You are unable to post ANY comment without denigrating someone.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Calm down you are going to give yourself a stroke, try a nice cup of green tea, a lotus yoga position and maybe a few tokes. You will feel so much more relaxed, and happier and loving. Peace TBall.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak wants to cut welfare off of people that have fallen on hard times as a solution of the province’s cash shortfall.

The government is supposed to help create jobs by making it favourable for businesses to set up and run their companies and employ people when the business moves away for cheaper pastures because of government’s greed then they should be responsible for unemployed people that have fallen on hard times.

Our economy runs as a big supply chain and when a small link breaks then the whole engine slows down and cost more to get back to running efficiently.

We pay taxes to the government to keep us out of harm’s way and give us all a better lifestyle and the government sees the whole picture and is supposed to act accordingly to make sure it’s smooth sailing with minimal surprises and every so often there is an oddball like Tim Hudak who means well and has good intentions that wants to throw a monkey wrench into system and start the process all over.

Is welfare the government’s fault? I would say yes.

What do you think?
I agree with Cap'n Morgan, but I also think that welfare recipients should have to perform a service and actually do something beneficial for the public in exchange for the welfare. My dad told me a couple times that Forestry used to scoot into the bars and "recruit" welfare people to fight fires and help with other gov't duties, for instance.