CBC tap danced before Dipper employee dumped

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
By Eric Duhaime ,QMI Agency

On my radio show in Montreal last week, I revealed that an employee of the French CBC also worked for the NDP for more than six months in 2012 (from May to November).

Those of us who are familiar with the CBC’s left-leaning bias were not surprised, just disgusted.

It was only the latest on the long list of our Crown Corporation’s double standards in terms of political partisanship.

When we first revealed her moonlighting, CBC started by defending its employee, arguing that she was not on the full-time staff — she was a freelancer.

As if one can tell the difference when watching the news.

Then CBC pretended that while working for the NDP, she was paid by the House of Commons, not by a political party.

Following that logic, we can pretend that the prime minister, all the ministers, their whole staff and all our MPs are non-partisan since they are all paid by our tax dollars, not by the political contributions of party members.

more

CBC tap danced before Dipper employee dumped | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
By Eric Duhaime ,QMI Agency

On my radio show in Montreal last week, I revealed that an employee of the French CBC also worked for the NDP for more than six months in 2012 (from May to November).

Those of us who are familiar with the CBC’s left-leaning bias were not surprised, just disgusted.

It was only the latest on the long list of our Crown Corporation’s double standards in terms of political partisanship.

When we first revealed her moonlighting, CBC started by defending its employee, arguing that she was not on the full-time staff — she was a freelancer.

As if one can tell the difference when watching the news.

Then CBC pretended that while working for the NDP, she was paid by the House of Commons, not by a political party.

Following that logic, we can pretend that the prime minister, all the ministers, their whole staff and all our MPs are non-partisan since they are all paid by our tax dollars, not by the political contributions of party members.

more

CBC tap danced before Dipper employee dumped | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

Won't be any honest response around here Loc.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
1/ The Toronto Sun is bad for your brain.

2/ The CBC hires from all political stripes. Watch The Insiders: The Insiders - The National - TV Shows - News - CBC Player

- EAO ... 1/ Well, at least you have nothing to worry about.

2/ I happen to be familiar with the CBC and know some of its past and present star performers. While the network pacifies the Conservative government by providing some token conservatives on some of its panel shows, the overwhelming percentage of employees behind the mikes and in front of the cameras as well as in the executive suites are obviously left of center and also considerably left of where most Canadians currently happen to be. This leftist tilt is most pronounced and problematic in the Fench CBC services as is the tilt towards sovereignty. Only those in the tank and/or on the take for the CBC and a few hopelessly naive left wing loons pretend otherwise.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I agree that she should have taken a back seat with the CBC while
working for the NDP. People should in fact have a little history as to how the
freelance system works, before putting up a wall of indignation.
A freelancer may work for the CBC on Monday and CTV next Thursday that
is what freelance means. Yes you will be on the list of contributors at CBC and
or any other service you contribute to.
I have worked for radio stations but I did freelance print media on a freelance
basis as well. That was decades ago and I am no longer in the media business.
It is excepted practice. Sun Media is like a soap opera at times, instead of releasing
a balanced story they have to make it out to be sensational. They do have some
very good stories the problem is this network has to mature and spend more time
becoming relevant in established media circles.
A freelancer can contribute stories and get paid for them working for several outlets
that is what freelancing means. These people can work in a media capacity for a
political party at the same time, as they are related industries. They follow the money
and their may be no allegiance attached that has been the case for decades.
She was a freelancer, she did work some stories for CBC, she may also have worked
for other media or even a political party. Had she worked for CTV and the NDP we
would not be having this discussion. As for people in media, I have known people in
the CBC, CTV Global and local media some right wing some left wing, people are
people and they all have opinions that is life.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As if SUN isn't full of right wingnuts. Kinda like a rattler calling a python a snake in the grass.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Testimonials

"Mein Gott im Himmel. Ich liebe CBC"
-Pope Benedict

"My husband and I adore the CBC."
-QEII

"If you don't like the CBC, then you like the terrorists"
- Former President GWB

"The CBC is the Fifth Noble Truth."
-The Dalai Lama.

"I know all them guys!"
- TBG

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Toronto Sun is bad for your brain.

The CBC hires from all political stripes. Watch The Insiders: The Insiders - The National - TV Shows - News - CBC Player

As if SUN isn't full of right wingnuts. Kinda like a rattler calling a python a snake in the grass.

Right wingnut ....left wingnut....
Just drive an old dodge.....it has both...then you can really claim to be in the middle........

Testimonials

"Mein Gott im Himmel. Ich liebe CBC"
-Pope Benedict

"My husband and I adore the CBC."
-QEII

"If you don't like the CBC, then you like the terrorists"
- Former President GWB

"The CBC is the Fifth Noble Truth."
-The Dalai Lama.

"I know all them guys!"
- TBG

Who cares??

I mean, every outlet has its bias....and if you don't realize the CBC is left of centre, then you are not paying attention.

I don't have a problem.....until they start shilling for the Liberal Party on the National News.

Just sell it, and be done with it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Individuals do have bias and we as citizens have the right to accept or discard the
message. I do not see the need to dismantle the CBC at all. I don't agree with all
I hear either.
I have respect for CTV and some for Global. I have a problem at time with Sun Media,
not always for the content but they way they set up the story. They need to find their
way in the mainstream media information outlet, but they need to be less strident if
they want to reach beyond a narrow base.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Sun Media isn't news, its about giving their viewers an opinion, making them think its their own and attacking anyone with a viewpoint left of Stephen Harper.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Sun Media isn't news, its about giving their viewers an opinion, making them think its their own and attacking anyone with a viewpoint left of Stephen Harper.

CBC isn't news, its about giving their viewers an opinion, making them think its their own and attacking anyone with a viewpoint right of Pierre Trudeau.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The difference between CBC and SUN is that Sun is all about slanted news and opinion while the CBC has so much more content than news and opinion. I don't listen to CBC because I don't listen to any radio or watch TV but I know a lot of people who do. They tend to be a little more educated than your average radio listener or TV watcher.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Aahh! Yes....people who know better...the elite...and they tend to vote liberal8O.....go figure:lol:
It does have some snob appeal, but then your post is reverse snobbery.

- DS ... Now don`t you be ragging our Cliffy. Our Cliffy `self identifies as a ``free thinker``. He probably thinks the CBC is free, too.
They used to be free of ads, but with cutbacks, they are forced to advertise, which is where much of their financing comes from.
BTW, I also self identify as an anarchist. I don't take politics seriously and am highly amused at those who do.