A visit to Sheshatshui

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Take with a grain of blogger's salt.

This blog post has been censored at the request of Randal Arsenault (Dr. Zoo) who threatened legal action against my chartered right to freely express my own views and opinions.

While the laws in Canada do protect bloggers, and while the basis of his grievances are completely ridiculous and have absolutely no legal merit, (thanks to the precedent set by many bloggers before me), the amount of traffic I get to my blog is very insignificant and quite frankly, this is not worth my time – I have much more important things to do...

As I've made clear from the start, the views, opinions and perceptions on my blog were, and always will be, that of my own and are not affiliated nor associated with anyone else. This is my blog...

Just north of Goose Bay, (in Labrador), there's a beautiful small town called North West River with a predominantly white population. Literally across a small bridge, over Lake Melville, is another not so nice town called Sheshatshui, which is home to the Innu natives. (Not the same as Innuit, by the way.) While on tour with Dr. Zoo, we played at the schools in both towns – separated by less than a five minute drive but a world of difference between the two...

When I was first "warned" about what to expect in Sheshatshui, a lot of it seemed really over-the-top to me, even racist at times. I heard so much trash talk about this town and its inhabitants, and so passionately told, that I wondered if people were hanging onto some kind of "grudge" that I didn't know about. So many stories preceded my visit there and they all seemed extremely exaggerated.
Nevertheless, I took my camera and set out to take some photos.

here ya go:

Sheshatshui : DM Blog