Why Teddy 'Scrooge' Ballgame Didn't Give To The Book Fund

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+3
[QUOTE=TeddyBallgame;1690081

- I`m a member of Mensa [/QUOTE]

I've known scads of people like that, bright academically, but no common sense and socially dumber than a fence post and I suspect by evidence of your posts you aren't any different!-

gerryh
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by TeddyBallgameView Post

-

- I`m a member of Mensa whereas you, I suspect, are a member of Densa.

Bullshyte

Anyone that uses the excuse you have used not to donate to a charity supplying books to school children is barely above the moron level when it comes to intelligence.

None of the money would be going to the Union or their members that you have been going off the deep end on. The books would benefit the children and only the children. Your arguments against this charity are specious, juvenile, and ignorant.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3
Shades of Porter!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Shades of Porter!

But polar opposites.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
Goes with the new character....

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

public service jobs pay extremely well at both ends. It is the ones in the middle like tradespeople that loose out. The low end like cleaners and secretaries pay close to double private. Same with management. Right up there or better than private but better bennies and no performance demands.

RRSP tax credit is NOT funded by taxpayers. It is a simply a deffered tax plan. In any event credits do not cost taxpayers anything.

Working for the Feds was the worst paying term of my career as a rock star.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Working for the Feds was the worst paying term of my career as a rock star.

Just cause you hadda sing all your songs in English and French?. Or was the money really that bad?
---------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE=TeddyBallgame;1690081

- I`m a member of Mensa [/QUOTE]""

You sound like you're PMS........ensa

How many keyboards you go through in a month.?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+3

- I`m a member of Mensa .

That's hysterical!!! What hubris!

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

BIG setta balls ??!!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1

- G ... Of course you have nothing but respect for the BCPFFA seeing as how it got you one of the very best heavily publicly subsidized, permanently guaranteed benefits, fully cost of living indexed, early retirement pensions in the entire bloody country and enabled you to take your early retirement on your 50 acres in the Kooteneys.

The reason I respect it is because it stands up to the miserly politicians who have to have their arms twisted before they realize that firefighting is dangerous work and carries high potential for diseases like lung cancer, etc, for instance. The FF union doesn't nitpick about much. And if you don't think firefighters deserve what they get I kinda hope that at least you have enough respect for them after they risk their a$$es to save your a$$ and house if that event come around.
Quote:

It might shock you to learn that most private sector workers have no pension plan at all and the minority who do have plans that are on average worth less than 30% of yours for the same contribution levels. Instead of 50 acres in the Kooteneys, too many of these unpensioned guys get to work 10-20 years longer than you and get not 50 acres but 50 square feet in a rooming house. But keep pitching to the gullible left wingers out there.

It might shock you to learn that a lot of those are simple pencil pushers without the hazards that firefighters encounter. Lots of those public servants also live longer than firefighters.

Quote:

- I won't bother replying to the rest of your silliness

Yeah right. What's the rest of the emotional claptrap in your post for then?

For someone who claims to be a member of mensa, you sure as frack don't seem too f'n bright. And for someone who came here and used a pretense of being above calling people names, you sure seem to do a lot of it.
Last edited by L Gilbert; Dec 21st, 2012 at 05:33 PM..

Spade
Free Thinker
+1
Is mensa one of the words in PMS?
If it is, shouldn't the word be womensa?
Sign me,
Confused

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
And BTW, Ted, I am currently still a member of the FF union even though I don't work at it anymore, am not a member of any mechanics' unions even though I work on heavy machinery which also can be a damned dangerous occupation.

And just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that you do for a living?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Used to be a nose picker til his head caved in.

Spade
Free Thinker
+3
You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But, you can't pick your friend's nose." Mensa motto

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Just to get an idea of the trials and tribulations Teddyboy had to endure to be a "MENSA", take the test. I just took it with fairly good results even though I got "timed out" on question 29 even though I knew the answer. I bet on the basis of this test a good half of us are "Mensas". B.F.D.-

What is Mensa? | Mensa International (external - login to view)

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

And BTW, Ted, I am currently still a member of the FF union even though I don't work at it anymore, am not a member of any mechanics' unions even though I work on heavy machinery which also can be a damned dangerous occupation.

Nothing that requires common sense, tact, salesmanship. Probably some type of collection agency!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
hehe Mensa, the group for slightly above average "intelligent" people. Brighter people don't need to brag about it. People like the Triple 9's, for instance.