Fed workers can decorate offices

Locutus
Political correctness has no place in Christmas: Tony Clement

You have the right to decorate your desk and office space as you see fit.

That's the memo federal government employees across the country will receive Monday.

"Christmas and Chanukah are special times of the year that Canadians look forward to. The lights and decorations lift the spirit and instill the season with a sense of wonder and celebration," Treasury Board president Tony Clement said in a statement Sunday.

"Whether it's displaying Christmas cards, putting up tinsel or bringing out a Menorah, federal employees have every right to celebrate the holiday season in the workplace."

Added Clement: "There are those who would like to snuff out the holiday spirit in the name of political correctness or expediency. Our government will not allow the Christmas spirit to be grinched."

Political correctness has no place in Christmas: Tony Clement | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

relic
Free Thinker
Half of the power in ontario will be diverted to cement heads riding,to light up the gazebos and such.

DaSleeper
Here in Northern Ontario, different organizations decorate Riverside Park, but the Municipality supplies the power.....

Festival of Lights 2011 - YouTube

I have yet to see someone protesting Christmas around my neck of the woods

eh1eh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Here in Northern Ontario, different organizations decorate Riverside Park, but the Municipality supplies the power.....

Festival of Lights 2011 - YouTube

I have yet to see someone protesting Christmas around my neck of the woods

Ya cuz when you're freezing you parts off in the middle of nowhere you look for any glimmer of warmth and fun.

shadowshiv
Free Thinker
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
Good. It's about time! It always seemed like the news story was about how a Christmas display was taken down due to someone crying about it, and it was pretty disheartening, especially when they went about calling it a "Holiday Tree". No, it's not. It's a Christmas tree, and it doesn't hurt anyone calling it that. And it doesn't hurt to wish someone a Merry Christmas. I'm sure most people that don't believe in Christmas really won't take offense to that. It's the people who try to find offense in just about anything that would.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Good. It's about time! It always seemed like the news story was about how a Christmas display was taken down due to someone crying about it, and it was pretty disheartening, especially when they went about calling it a "Holiday Tree". No, it's not. It's a Christmas tree, and it doesn't hurt anyone calling it that. And it doesn't hurt to wish someone a Merry Christmas. I'm sure most people that don't believe in Christmas really won't take offense to that. It's the people who try to find offense in just about anything that would.

I often wonder why we bother trying to please them since they can never be pleased anyway. Seems like a waste of effort and energy.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

You have that right, my biggest gripe is the Xmas season is far too long as far as the commercial aspect of it goes (Peace and Good will on the other hand should encompass 12 months) I think the advertising for Xmas should be outlawed until about Dec. 10.