Spaceman vs Space Cadet: Libs Have Nowhere to Go But Up

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- With the federal Liberal leadership race shaping up as a two man contest between Marc `The Spaceman`Garneau and Justin `The Space Cadet`Trudeau, clearly the Liberals have nowhere to go but up, maybe even ``Ùp, Up and Away`` to quote my favourite song of 1967 by The 5th Dimension.

- As a public service to ensure that the casual observer can tell these two candidates apart, here is a brief comparison between Spaceman Garneau and Space Cadet Trudeau.

- The Spaceman has earned his C.C., CD, B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D, and his F.C.A.S.I.
- The Space Cadet has earned his BA, B.Ed and his ROTFPIMPALMFARO.

- Garneau is called The Spaceman because he was Canada`s first person to travel in outer space and he has logged three voyages and over 677 hours in space.
- Trudeau is called The Space Cadet because of his many misleading, immature and stunningly stupid comments starting with his threat to take his marbles and go home to join the separatists in Quebec if Canada continues to be governed by Harper and the Conservative Party.

- The Spaceman earned his bachelor degree through the ROTP program and spent 12 years in the Canadian Navy rising rapidly to the rank of Captain (the same as Colonel in the army).
- The Space Cadet was a part time social studies, French and drama teacher for a few years at some high schools in Vancouver.

- The Spaceman was appointed as president of the Canadian Space Agency and successfully ran that prestigious organization for several years.
- The Space Cadet spent two years studying engineering but didn`t graduate and apart from running off at the mouth has never run anything

- The Spaceman was appointed and served as Chancellor of Carleton University.
- The Space Cadet enrolled in a masters program in environmental geography but dropped out of this program, too, in order to run for parliament in 2008.

- The Spaceman has graying hair and two unremarkable eyes.
- The Space Cadet has heavenly hair and dreamy eyes.

- The Spaceman has two high schools named after him.
- The Space Cadet`s father has many, many high schools and other public buildings named after him.

- The Spaceman has been an MP since 2008 and his leadership campaign will focus on the economy.
- The Space Cadet has also been an MP since 2008 and his leadership campaign will focus on reminding everyone over and over again that he is Pierre E. Trudeau`s son while keeping it quiet that he was unlucky enough to inherit his father`s looks but his mother`s brains rather than the other way around.

- The Spaceman is a brilliant, highly educated, experienced leader and executive superbly qualified to rebuild and revitalize the moribund Liberal Party. Therefore, he has no chance with the Liberal delegates.
- The Space Cadet is not particularly bright or well educated or adequately experienced or remotely qualified and would be laughed off the stage except for the fact that he is PET`s son. Therefore, he will be chosen by the Liberal delegates exhibting the same curious judgement they showed when they chose Dion and then Ignatief as the new Liberal messiahs.

- Any questions?

- You're welcome!

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hate to admit it, but both Trudeau and Garneau have Some very Electable qualities...
Trudeau was born to lead.
Garneau has Impressive Credentials.
Politics is largely, The Art/Science of Words/"Likeability".("The system" basically runs itself(with $influence$)/Reacts to Pressure)..

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Hate to admit it, but both Trudeau and Garneau have Some very Electable qualities...
Trudeau was born to lead.
Garneau has Impressive Credentials.
Politics is largely, The Art/Science of Words/"Likeability".("The system" basically runs itself(with $influence$)/Reacts to Pressure)..

- GF ... I don't believe in dynasties. For example, I'm sure Ole Jug Ears aka Prince Charles is a fine chap but I have no doubt that if the selection of a monarch were subject to a competitive process numerous more qualified, suitable and effective future kings would emerge.

- Young Justin has, thus far, been born to screw the pooch, never having completed let alone lead anything of any real consequence, dabbling usually without success in a few educational persuits, and coasting on his father's fortune and reputation.

- So even if I had been a fan of the father (I actually think he was the most fiscally and economicallly inept PM since WWII and a disaster for Canada which is why virtually none of his many policies is still in effect today whereas Mulroney's entire economic agenda continues in force) I don't buy the general concept that Justin was born to lead and I certainly don't buy this proposition based on his forgettable record thus far.

- I do agree with you that Garneau has impressive credentials and I think he might restore a measure of credibility to the Liberal brand. But I would wager that the typical Liberal delegate will out sizzle ahead of steak and flashiness ahead of substance and choose the Space Cadet over the Spaceman.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
TeddyBallgame, you sound much like Anne Coulter to me. Yes I am liberal on some things and I am
also right of center on others. Most people are they are also respectful of others regardless of what
their opinion is. I respect people enough to agree to disagree, and not make insult purely personal.
Others however try to pack as many insults into one article as they can.
One dimensionally people see everything as black and white. Most people see some issues as black
and white, but not all issues. Liberals for some reason have demonstrated through history that the
people of America by and large have done better under Democrats than Republicans.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
1/ TeddyBallgame, you sound much like Anne Coulter to me. 2/ Yes I am liberal on some things and I am also right of center on others. 3/ Liberals for some reason have demonstrated through history that the
people of America by and large have done better under Democrats than Republicans.

- damngrumpy ... You are welll and truly named and I tend to usually ignore your blather and I almost never respond to it but since you have decided to attack me tonight I shall waste a moment or two to respond in kind.

1/ damngrumpy, you sound much like a cranky cross between Slick Sid Ryan the union weasel and an unfunny Bill Maher to me.

2/ Actually, you come across here as being liberal on almost everything which is hardly surprising given your background as a union leader.

3/ You tend, like many union leaders, to make vague, general, totally unsubstantiated and usually specious comments about things you really don't understand. Please cite substantive data and analysis to support your wildly inaccurate and partisan to the point of being ridiculous generalization that the people of America by and large have done better under Democrats than under Republicans. Thank you in advance. Take your time.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Great to see that the words passed on from on high regarding civility are and have been listened to.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
At the end of the day/This game ..It's all the same...

There is a "T" in Team...No "G"....Unfortunately.

But Garneau will still be there.On The Liberal Team...In body, mind, and Liberal soul..
( So ...I guess there is a "G" on The Liberal Team..Damn...)

O.K... How bout this one ...

Both Their Futures are Bright and Shining.
But the Star that Shines the Brightest .
Will Be ...The New Leader of The Liberal Team..
(Even If they're not... Green or Blue..:wink:)

That Leader Will Be..

Mr.T

Last edited:

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Great to see that the words passed on from on high regarding civility are and have been listened to.

- Goober ... All I can tell you is that I wrote a semi-serious, semi-satirical piece on the Liberal leadership race and former union leader damngrumpy chose to change the subject and to attack and insult me instead of staying on topic and then to make some ridiculous and unsupported generalization about Americans being better off under the Democrats. If you think that I am going to allow damngrumpy or you or anyone else to attack me without provocation and get away with it, then you are delusional. If the powers that be wish to then single me out for special punishment and thereby rid the board of one of its few conservative voices, so be it. This would be a mistake but it is a mistake they have the power to make. We'll see what happens.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
- Goober ... All I can tell you is that I wrote a semi-serious, semi-satirical piece on the Liberal leadership race and former union leader damngrumpy chose to change the subject and to attack and insult me instead of staying on topic and then to make some ridiculous and unsupported generalization about Americans being better off under the Democrats. If you think that I am going to allow damngrumpy or you or anyone else to attack me without provocation and get away with it, then you are delusional. If the powers that be wish to then single me out for special punishment and thereby rid the board of one of its few conservative voices, so be it. This would be a mistake but it is a mistake they have the power to make. We'll see what happens.

What! ...TeddyBallgame?..Your a Conservative!?...Man ...Give me the powers to be...I'd say ...Strike 3!...YOOOOUUUUUR ....OOOUUUUTTTTAAA HHHEEERRREEE!>.

However.... You started the thread(about liberals)...So I'll leave it be...

:)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
TeddyBallgame, you sound much like Anne Coulter to me. Yes I am liberal on some things and I am
also right of center on others. Most people are they are also respectful of others regardless of what
their opinion is. I respect people enough to agree to disagree, and not make insult purely personal.
Others however try to pack as many insults into one article as they can.
One dimensionally people see everything as black and white. Most people see some issues as black
and white, but not all issues. Liberals for some reason have demonstrated through history that the

Teddyballgame (courtesy of Sun media) has transferred the american conservative talking points to Canadian politics.

Bashing a Science guy for being, well, I can only think because he is a science guy which means he is educated, and the son of a former Prime Minister who showed up 40 years ago. He also manages to bash this former PM's son's educational background despite the hue and cry of Cons telling us to educate our kids. Not exactly a dynasty allthough he seems confused mentioning the dynasty of the un-elected ceremonial British Monarchy but neglects to point to the American Cons and their potential to have a third Bush run for the Cons as a candidate.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Teddyballgame (courtesy of Sun media) has transferred the american conservative talking points to Canadian politics.

Bashing a Science guy for being, well, I can only think because he is a science guy which means he is educated, and the son of a former Prime Minister who showed up 40 years ago. He also manages to bash this former PM's son's educational background despite the hue and cry of Cons telling us to educate our kids. Not exactly a dynasty allthough he seems confused mentioning the dynasty of the un-elected ceremonial British Monarchy but neglects to point to the American Cons and their potential to have a third Bush run for the Cons as a candidate.

Science guy? You talking about Justin?... Try drama Queen, it's much more accurate

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Science guy? You talking about Justin?... Try drama Queen, it's much more accurate

- CM ... Yes, I assume he means Trudeau because I certainly did not bash Garneau who I admire and consider in a higher league than young Justin.

- Even for a rabidly partisan left-lib type, calling Trudeau a science guy is a bit of a nosestretcher because his degrees were in arts and education and while daddy's fortune enabled him to dabble in two engineering and science programs, he didn't graduate in either of them.

- Garneau, fo course, is the real science guy.

- You are right about Trudeau as the drama queen, a trait inherited from his mother, inasmuch as he has taught drama and he likes to make really dumb apocalyptic comments about Albertans, Harper, conservatives and other hot button topics that arouse the typical Liberal supporter. Sadly, the typical Liberal supporter these days has no clue whatsoever what the Liberal Party stands for, if anything, only that it is opposed to the Conservative Party. Perhaps a wise new leader may emerge from the convention and take the nearly three years until the next election developing an orientation and policy platform that will make the party relevant and electable once again. But drama queen Justin Trudeau will not be that kind of leader.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I don't think the American economy and probably the world economy can afford another Bush government.

Isn't Just In supposed to be two words?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't you think that it's time to stop blaming Bush for this?

Hell, Obama is getting into the 5th year and so far, he and his party haven't delivered on the promises made from the last go-around

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
- damngrumpy ... You are welll and truly named and I tend to usually ignore your blather and I almost never respond to it but since you have decided to attack me tonight I shall waste a moment or two to respond in kind.

1/ damngrumpy, you sound much like a cranky cross between Slick Sid Ryan the union weasel and an unfunny Bill Maher to me.

2/ Actually, you come across here as being liberal on almost everything which is hardly surprising given your background as a union leader.

3/ You tend, like many union leaders, to make vague, general, totally unsubstantiated and usually specious comments about things you really don't understand. Please cite substantive data and analysis to support your wildly inaccurate and partisan to the point of being ridiculous generalization that the people of America by and large have done better under Democrats than under Republicans. Thank you in advance. Take your time.
Attaboy, Teddy. For one who snivels about being attacked instead of being debated, do you really think you have room to talk?

Regards .
- Just Curious

Being told that you sound like Anne Coulter is an insult? Funny, I thought you extreme righties loved her.

At any rate, I'd prefer Garneau over Turdeau, as well.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
3/ You tend, like many union leaders, to make vague, general, totally unsubstantiated and usually specious comments about things you really don't understand.

Funniest part of this post as it's so friggin' hypocritical.

As for the OP, like DG I'm more liberal in some ways, conservative in others so the whole Lib. leadership is only a minor interest to me. That said, were I to make an opinion on either candidate, Trudeau to me has to prove he's not like his father and his own man for things and isn't relying on the name to get him places, and... who is the other guy?

I think a lot of the country is now "Who cares?" about the Liberal leadership and it's because no one in the party has shown any real leadership qualities, which is sad. I hate seeing parties nearly wiped out for stupidity.