Kelowna Mountie pleads guilty to assault.

Vancouverite
The suspect was on the ground, face down, when the Mountie kicked him. The constable has pleaded guilty to assault and will be sentenced in the new year.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by VancouveriteView Post

The suspect was on the ground, face down, when the Mountie kicked him. The constable has pleaded guilty to assault and will be sentenced in the new year.

He should have done that almost two years ago, personally I'd like to see all the costs of his actions and arrogance totalled up and charged to him. As a cop he is supposed to be setting an example, not being a thug! Hopefully the judge has a little back bone!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
One good thing that might come out of this is the cops might start to smarten up, finally! Too many scandals with the R.C.M.P. in B.C. - a case of a few "rotten apples" bringing down the rest of them.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
I'm guessing that the union appointed lawyer was no longer able to milk the system, hence the plea.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I'm guessing that the union appointed lawyer was no longer able to milk the system, hence the plea.

I know courts have to go through due process but this case was a little beyond the pale. The verdict was pretty well clear to 99% of the population the day the video was first shown on the news and then very shortly after his other assaults just clinched it. How many $hundreds of thousands of dollars have been squandered (including his salary for many months)?