Stupid Separatist B---tch

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Veterans miffed at Quebec premier over Fleur-de-lis in poppy

at 11:52 on November 02, 2012, EDT.

The Canadian Press
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services11
MONTREAL - The Royal Canadian Legion says veterans are insulted that Premier Pauline Marois has stuck a Quebec symbol inside the red poppy that she's been wearing.
Marois was sporting a Fleur-de-lis pin inside her poppy when she gave her first inaugural address in the Quebec legislature this week.
Margot ****nault, the Legion's provincial president, accused the Parti Quebecois premier Friday of playing politics.
"I find it's very political and right now the veterans are very, very, very upset because they fought for Canada not just for Quebec," she said Friday. "We are in Canada. If she wants to wear the poppy she should just wear it like it is."
She said she's even sent a letter to the premier saying it's not proper to wear the poppy with a pin inside.
****nault, whose father was a veteran, said the poppy is a Royal Canadian Legion symbol and nothing should be attached inside — even the Canadian flag.
"The poppy is the Royal Canadian Legion symbol and nothing is to be worn inside like a pin — whether it's the Canadian flag or anything. We're not supposed to," ****nault said.
She said she received about 15 phone calls and about a dozen emails yesterday from veterans who complained the premier's gesture was not acceptable.

I hate to see the war dead used as political fodder.

There is a confidence vote coming up soon. I hope they toss her "government out.:roll:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I have a flag pin in mine simply because I want to own it for more than the 30 minutes it takes for the normal ones to fall out somewhere on the ground. A pin secures it nicely for the 2 weeks prior to 11/11.

While the PQ priemier is an a-s-s, the vetrans are a bit a-n-a-l expecially the vetran who is so offensive his name is censored.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If the PQs thought they could win a referendum they would call another one. Instead,
the premier figuratively makes faces over the back fence.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The Royal 22nd Regiment.. the Van Doos.. the francophone division of the Canadian Army, based in La Citadelle in Quebec City.. served with great distinction and heavy casualties in WW1 on the Western Front.. in WW2 in Italy, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.. in Korea and Afghanistan. Among the most admired and honoured of all allied regiments.. they served as King's Guard and received the appellation 'Royal' for distinguished service. Without exception they ALL fought for Canada.

All of its soldiers knew Canada was a protector, since the Quebec Act of 1774, of the French language culture, religion, educational and legal systems.. which would have been torn apart had the U.S. plan to absorb Canada been successful. They all knew the French fact in North America's only hope is in Canada... and they knew it to be indivisible.

Marois is heaping scorn and ridicule on her fellow French Canadians.. and those who died for their country. The good thing is that such a snivelling twit is bound to lead a government of unparalled incompetence and corruption.. and will soon be out of office.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The Royal 22nd Regiment.. the Van Doos.. the francophone division of the Canadian Army, based in La Citadelle in Quebec City.. served with great distinction and heavy casualties in WW1 on the Western Front.. in WW2 in Italy, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.. in Korea and Afghanistan. Among the most admired and honoured of all allied regiments.. they served as King's Guard and received the appellation 'Royal' for distinguished service. Without exception they ALL fought for Canada.

All of its soldiers knew Canada was a protector, since the Quebec Act of 1774, of the French language culture, religion, educational and legal systems.. which would have been torn apart had the U.S. plan to absorb Canada been successful. They all knew the French fact in North America's only hope is in Canada... and they knew it to be indivisible.

Marois is heaping scorn and ridicule on her fellow French Canadians.. and those who died for their country. The good thing is that such a snivelling twit is bound to lead a government of unparalled incompetence and corruption.. and will soon be out of office.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, Coldstream, but couldn't have put it as well as you. Good on ya.

Knowing that the VanDoos were in the thick of it in all wars, I wonder what their reaction is to this dimwit.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011

Well said!

Very apropos to point out that Quebec's vets had no problem serving under one flag while serving with distinction.

Very telling she would take this opportunity to de-value their sacrifice to tawdry partisan party politics.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
That was typical for Marois. As far as I am concerned she has no Class, nor savoir vivre. As a Quebecer I could say exactly what I think of her but the words would not be allowed on CC.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
My father used to ask,"do you know why there are no porquepines in Quebec?",No why ? "'Cause the frenchmen ate them all when the were hiding in the woods in the war.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
While I agree this is not appropriate I think we get all tied up harping on it.
The result, we end up talking about the PQ Leader and not about the boys
who fought for us. At the same time we should be careful not to bad mouth
Quebecers on this its the Premier not everyone in Quebec. Look at the
polls, people in Quebec are not in favour of separating at all its down to less
than 49% which means more and more citizens in Quebec are opting in not out.
It should be pointed out that people voted for the PQ for reasons that did not
include separation and we should keep that in mind.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From the story in the OP:

....Marois was sporting a Fleur-de-lis pin inside her poppy when she gave her first inaugural address in the Quebec legislature this week.....

....Margot ****nault, the Legion's provincial president, accused the Parti Quebecois premier Friday of playing politics.

"I find it's very political and right now the veterans are very, very, very upset because they fought for Canada not just for Quebec," she said Friday. "We are in Canada. If she wants to wear the poppy she should just wear it like it is.".....:roll:

Wow....I had something to say, and I've been try'n to reword it to be more
civil & polite, but it's just not coming to me. Would this "Marois" spike up
a Crucifix with a Fluer-de-lis before wearing it to a church?

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
So not all of Canadians express their memory of the past in what you consider an ''appropriate'' Canadian way... Tough life isn't it?

From the story in the OP:

Wow....I had something to say, and I've been try'n to reword it to be more
civil & polite, but it's just not coming to me. Would this "Marois" spike up
a Crucifix with a Fluer-de-lis before wearing it to a church?

How about fighting for freedom at large and not only Canada?!!!

As if only Canada represented what was fought for in the 20th century major wars. Do you think Quebec doesn't represent those values?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Quebec sent troops like everyone else in WWII but the appetite to criticise the Province
often ignores that. I know many from Quebec, including a Brother in Law and he is as
Canadian as any of us. We hear from the voices and talking heads most of the time.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Quebec sent troops like everyone else in WWII but the appetite to criticise the Province
often ignores that. I know many from Quebec, including a Brother in Law and he is as
Canadian as any of us. We hear from the voices and talking heads most of the time.

The hatred in this thread is directed towards Quebec separatism at large. People need to realize that being a separatist doesn't stop you from being a decent human being.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
People need to realize that being a separatist doesn't stop you from being a decent human being.
That really depends on which separatist camp you're in.

The one where separatism for Quebec, is the only separatism that is acceptable.

Or...

The one that recognizes other groups within Quebec have the right to separate as well.

From all available material, it would seem the former is the larger more vocal and powerful camp .

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
That really depends on which separatist camp you're in.

The one where separatism for Quebec, is the only separatism that is acceptable.

Or...

The one that recognizes other groups within Quebec have the right to separate as well.

From all available material, it would seem the former is the larger more vocal and powerful camp .

You know I agree...