Billionaire Dosen't Want Canadian Taxpayer Paid Bridge

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Saw this story about six months ago. It is nice to see that the spirit of free enterprise is alive and well in Michigan. BTW Michigan has promised to repay its share of the bridge to Canada.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Why would anyone want another bridge to that cess pool of a city anyhow?? Has anyone here been to Detroit??

There is more commerce across that bridge in a single day then in your hillbilly town in 1000 years. It's not about the city...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The guy doesn't want his toll bridge profits being cut into by a non toll bridge. It is worth it to him by investing money into Vote No advertisement.

I'd vote yes if I was from Michigan.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The companies that stand to save a million a year on tolls all combined, need to pool their resources and take out competing ads. It's not that hard.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh LOL, Walter must live in that crap hole town.. he gave a neg boo hoo.

[youtube]LTQFtNLvcl8[/youtube]

It obvious that most of you are NOT TRUCKERS!! and don't have a clue about driving in a US city where people jump on your truck to rob you while you are in motion..... that's right, driving down the road in the wrong area, they will open your back doors and start tossing your load out as you drive.. other will be grabbing as much **** as possible..

After my first experience of this... that's when I started to carry a Smith & Wesson .40 in my truck.

Safer to cross at Sarnia or Buffalo.. you could not pay me enough to cross a rig into Detroit or drive in New York City..

I lived in Windsor before and crossed into Detroit to shop.. drove around some pretty awful areas, and it's really sad people live like that.

Just to think that during the war of 1812, the British captured Detroit.. smart folks giving it back.. LOL