Study-keeps-gun-registry-debate-alive

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Check this out:

Study keeps gun registry debate alive - Canada News - Castanet.net

Check out the picture in the article: The picture shows 4 handguns and 1 rifle which looks like an illegal assault rifle.

My point is: Assume-ably, they are trying to win this debate with facts and figures. Yet, not one of the weapons in the photo would have been on the list of weapons requiring registration with the recently scrapped long gun registry.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I had to read it twice to figure out that what you meant was that the guns in the picture have to be registered whether we have a long gun registry or not......:smile:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
My point is: Assume-ably, they are trying to win this debate with facts and figures. Yet, not one of the weapons in the photo would have been on the list of weapons requiring registration with the recently scrapped long gun registry.

Who is they? Are you suggesting The Canadian Press is lobbying to retain the gun registry?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I would say that The Canadaian Press is not being accidentally ignorant.

Perhaps you would care to point out where they were being ignorant in the link you provided. They did a story on gun crime and quoted a spokeswoman for the lobby group Coalition for Gun Control. Who do you think they should have quoted in their article, Gary Bettman?

This may come as a shock to you but the gist of the article was not to promoting the gun registry. It merely quoted somebody that wants the gun registry. Do you think Sun News is a big Liberal Party of Canada supporter because they have quoted Justin Trudeau? Really?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Perhaps you would care to point out where they were being ignorant in the link you provided. They did a story on gun crime and quoted a spokeswoman for the lobby group Coalition for Gun Control. Who do you think they should have quoted in their article, Gary Bettman?

This may come as a shock to you but the gist of the article was not to promoting the gun registry. It merely quoted somebody that wants the gun registry. Do you think Sun News is a big Liberal Party of Canada supporter because they have quoted Justin Trudeau? Really?

It is also interesting to note that the Canadian Press actually had to dig for this story as it was unpublished research by the Justice Department. Far from being an effort to influence the issue of gun control one way or the other it appears the deepartment simply did the research and left it there for either side to use. Not surprising the pro-gun side has not made use of it.