Justin Trudeau to announce Liberal leadership bid next week

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Le big deal.

Justin Trudeau will announce his long-awaited candidacy for the Liberal leadership next Tuesday, Quebec media are reporting.

Montreal’s La Presse (link in French) says Liberal sources have confirmed Trudeau’s leadership intentions and he will make the announcement in a news conference in his home riding of Papineau. Radio-Canada has also reported Trudeau will be running.

The son of one of Canada’s most contentious figures, former prime minister Pierre Trudeau, had previously been non-committal to running for the leadership of the third-place Liberal party, saying he wanted to spend time with his young family.

more

Justin Trudeau to announce Liberal leadership bid next week: reports | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I suppose he has to be given a fair chance to prove himself. Maybe this "acorn" fell on the down hill side of the tree and rolled a fair distance!

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
He's always struck me as being chip off the old block.. Margaret rather than Pierre that is. I'm not sure if the Liberals are not destined to change places with NDP as a perennial third party.. at least as long as the current economic malaise persists.. and the Liberals have NO solutions to that.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Hahaha, the Libs give and keep on giving !!! Hahaha!!!

A substantial number of Libs. will go to the NDP- Remember - before the new seats are set - that 35 to 40 riding's decide who is or is not in power.

Hahaha, the Libs give and keep on giving !!! Hahaha!!!

Oh yes Durry- My 2 checks from Ottawa came in. Thanks and please send more. I would like to enjoy 3 vacations a year and your money is appreciated.
Yes, we Easterners are coming for the rest. But will replace it with water.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would have thought that, given the US example, we'd be a little leery of electing someone based on who his father was.

I dont think Bush jr got elected based on who his father was.

Nor did John Quincy Adams.

Both were quite different from their fathers just as I imagine Justin Trudeau is. If you want to criticize him or anyone for that matter it should be based on things he has done, not what his father did.

As for him throwing his hat in the ring, everyone knew it would happen eventually.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
I think he's ready to lead the liberals..Deserves a chance..I'm curious to see what kind of a leader he will be;..where he'll lead the liberal party.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was hoping he had enough smarts not to go head to head with the Harper Crucification Machine. If anyone can de-throne Harpo it would be Justin. At least he has balls where Harpo's are just loaded with red ink. May the Force be with him.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If you want to criticize him or anyone for that matter it should be based on things he has done, not what his father did.
That's easy, lets start with his silly criticism of the immigration brochure.

As for him throwing his hat in the ring, everyone knew it would happen eventually.
Of course, he's just like his dad.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I dont think Bush jr got elected based on who his father was.

Nor did John Quincy Adams.

Both were quite different from their fathers just as I imagine Justin Trudeau is. If you want to criticize him or anyone for that matter it should be based on things he has done, not what his father did.

I kind of agree with you, perhaps after watching his dad for 25 years, he made up his mind there's no way he'll be like that A$$hole!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I kind of agree with you, perhaps after watching his dad for 25 years, he made up his mind there's no way he'll be like that A$$hole!

From what Ive noticed many people say they wont be like their parents.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
My guess is that the Liberals will likely stay in the doldrums for some time to come. Instead of bringing in an effective leadership candidate who will give Canadians a choice the Liberals are leaning back on the old adage that they (THE NATURAL GOVERNING PARTY) need only offer up someone who's Daddy was once PM.

Justin Trudeau is not ready to lead the Liberal Party out of the forest, let alone lead the Country. The Liberals just don't get it. Still.

Got anything else?
Inexperience.