The CBC wants your help...suckers!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Tell the CRTC to support, revitalize and reimagine the CBC

I am writing in support of strong and vibrant public media for the 21st century.

I note that tens thousands of Canadians have spoken out against funding cuts to the CBC; thousands also contributed and ranked ideas to strengthen the future of public media at Support, Revitalize, Reimagine... | Reimagine CBC. The top priorities for our public media that emerged from this consultation are: informed and in-depth reporting, uniquely Canadian content, and a public watchdog over powerful interests.

The license renewal process provides an opportunity to look broadly at the necessary role the CBC plays in our media system and our democracy. I believe the CRTC, with the support of Canadians, can and must enable the CBC to excel in that role. In setting policy and conditions of licence, I urge you to focus on the objectives of supporting an informed citizenry through courageous, in-depth reporting from a Canadian perspective that provides content the private sector does not.

I’m pleased to participate in this public process about the CBC. The ReimagineCBC.ca project models the kind of open and participatory public engagement that can be used in the future to determine the direction of the CBC. I trust that you will take Canadian views seriously during this hearing, and thank you for your kind attention.

Tell the CRTC to support, revitalize and reimagine the CBC | Reimagine CBC

Oh, and as sda suggested, You might be a Liberal if you mindlessly send this form letter in without editing it.

small dead animals: The CBC may be reimagined...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
After the war crimes trials for " journalist" I think reliable factual public broadcasting could continue. As a matter of fact I'm sure it would, but only after the trials.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
In fairness I have listened to some awesome CBC Radio over the last few months.

• The Debators
  • Vinyl Cafe
  • Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap
  • As it happens
  • Rex Murphy Cross Country Check-up
It's not all bad folks.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

• The Debators
  • Vinyl Cafe
  • As it happens
It's not all bad folks.
Only good show there is Rex's and he's was gone all summer and it was crap; thankfully he was back this past Sunday.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Only good show there is Rex's and he's was gone all summer and it was crap; thankfully he was back this past Sunday.

So how was vacation Rex?

• The Debators
  • Vinyl Cafe
  • As it happens
It's not all bad folks.

As it happens sucks soooooo bad it could replace Rex Morphy. The vinyl cafe should be drive through only. Randys good and the debators very good. The rest ain\t even from Canada

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol:.....Me, well by de jeez, lads, I likes de CBC, eh!! Specially dat Land and Sea ting. If I's could jist unnnerstan em a bit more it might be a tad better. But, she ain't bad like she is doh, eh. Kood be me ears eh. Ain't been rite since de wife took me cross de hed wit the manure shovel.

When ya hears summun say; "passdegoddamtatersansaltandbequicksboutitferi'sfetchyaakikinderarse"..........on prime time, eh.......ya jist no everytings alrite wit da werld.