Ontario Liberals’ energy strategy is just embarrassing

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda

Scott Stinson: Is McGuinty’s energy strategy an ‘unmitigated disaster’ or just plain embarrassing?
On Monday, a breezy day in which wind energy accounted for a relatively robust 1,456 MW of capacity at 6 p.m., Ontario was exporting more than 1,700 MW, at market prices, at the exact same time. The province pays $135 per megawatt of wind energy, as mandated by the Green Energy Act. The market price of electricity at 6 p.m. on Monday: $16.50 per MW.

Ontario Liberal energy policy: ‘disaster’ or just plain embarrassing? | Full Comment | National Post

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's not embarrassing, it's downright criminal. It's nothing more than slick promises and greased palms and a great big FU to the people in this province in the end. Forget about subsidizing the big companies, how about subsidizing my monthly bill which has shot up with rocket intensity over the past few years.

I am so sick to death of this wretched government, it's beyond time to have the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
via sda

Scott Stinson: Is McGuinty’s energy strategy an ‘unmitigated disaster’ or just plain embarrassing?
On Monday, a breezy day in which wind energy accounted for a relatively robust 1,456 MW of capacity at 6 p.m., Ontario was exporting more than 1,700 MW, at market prices, at the exact same time. The province pays $135 per megawatt of wind energy, as mandated by the Green Energy Act. The market price of electricity at 6 p.m. on Monday: $16.50 per MW.

Ontario Liberal energy policy: ‘disaster’ or just plain embarrassing? | Full Comment | National Post

From what is written it certainly makes no sense at all. All I can say is sometimes long time contracts have to be offered even if it's not profitable for short periods. I'd be interested to hear the full story! :smile:

It's not embarrassing, it's downright criminal. It's nothing more than slick promises and greased palms and a great big FU to the people in this province in the end. Forget about subsidizing the big companies, how about subsidizing my monthly bill which has shot up with rocket intensity over the past few years.

I am so sick to death of this wretched government, it's beyond time to have the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Welcome to the club, in B.C. many people have the same sentiments, which would include myself if there was a viable alternative!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Locutus, you should shorten the title just a bit..

The "Ontario Liberals" are just embarrassing.

A graphic simulation of the Liberal Party of Ontario...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Locutus, you should shorten the title just a bit..

The "Ontario Liberals" are just embarrassing.

A graphic simulation of the Liberal Party of Ontario...

But then the whiners would demand examples of Doltons' ineptitude. Best I give that crowd at least one eh. :lol: