Time to Close the Borders in North America?

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
Violent protests against anti-Islam film leave one dead - thestar.com

TIMERGARAH, PAKISTAN—Hundreds of protesters demonstrating against an anti-Islam film torched a press club and a government building in northwest Pakistan on Monday, sparking clashes with police that left at least one person dead. Demonstrations also turned violent outside a U.S. military base in Afghanistan and the U.S. embassy in Indonesia.

With numerouse people dead and simply due to a "Movie"..... This "Faith" is a terrorist organization.. We supported the "Arab Spring" blindly and ousted or killed the "Good guys" like Saddam Hussein, Mubarak and Ghadaffi.. These guys were keeping the crazzies at bay or in jails and Camps.

Would it be out of line to shut down EVERY single application or entry from a Muslim or Islamis? My opinion is that ts about time for the safety and concern of others. Why not?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have something against punishing a group of people for the actions of some of its members. Something about our entire society being based around individual rights.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Violent protests against anti-Islam film leave one dead - thestar.com

TIMERGARAH, PAKISTAN—Hundreds of protesters demonstrating against an anti-Islam film torched a press club and a government building in northwest Pakistan on Monday, sparking clashes with police that left at least one person dead. Demonstrations also turned violent outside a U.S. military base in Afghanistan and the U.S. embassy in Indonesia.

With numerouse people dead and simply due to a "Movie"..... This "Faith" is a terrorist organization.. We supported the "Arab Spring" blindly and ousted or killed the "Good guys" like Saddam Hussein, Mubarak and Ghadaffi.. These guys were keeping the crazzies at bay or in jails and Camps.

Would it be out of line to shut down EVERY single application or entry from a Muslim or Islamis? My opinion is that ts about time for the safety and concern of others. Why not?

Is this rioting, attacking embassies, killing people happening in the US, Canada, Europe?

Now there are tens of millions of Muslims in the countries I mentioned. What is your solution for these tens of millions.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Prof Ted Cantle said that the idea of multiculturalism in Britain is now “well past its sell-by date” and is often doing more harm than good.

He accused the Government of fuelling separation in communities rather than bringing people together by allowing small groups to claim “special status” – and with it funding – amounting to a form of state-sponsored segregation.

Councils and police are also giving undue legitimacy to “self-appointed leaders” in some areas by inviting them to endless meetings and consulting them on their views and allowing them to become “gatekeepers to their communities”, he warned.

Meanwhile grants from government funding pots, councils and charities have allowed thousands of separate community groups to grow up representing their own interests and reinforcing separation, he said.

more

Multiculturalism 'past its sell-by date' warns race expert - Telegraph

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
You know, 100 years ago people in the US had similar complaints about Irish Catholics, then it was the Italians and then it was the Jews. This is just another form of xenophobia.

A lot of these countries have been in one form of political turmoil or another for nearly a century. The only time they've had stability is while under a brutal dictator. Its natural that there will be 'growing pains' of sorts. The American Revolution wasnt very pleasant when it happened either, nor was its Civil War.

We already have fairly decent methods to weed out dangerous people from immigrating here. The US does as well. Perhaps they can be tweaked a bit but completely shutting down immigration to a religious or ethnic group is incredibly stupid. Want to bring back the head tax as well? Plus you would face one major problem both here and in the US - there are Muslim citizens here. I imagine they wouldnt be too happy about that. I know dozens of them. They're fellow students, friends, etc. Hell Ive been to parties and seen many of them drink. They are just as diverse as any religious group when it comes to their politics and the level of devotion to their religion. I know a man who considers himself a muslim even though he drinks, regularly has pre-marital sex, never prays or goes to a mosque and he loves bacon. He came here from Pakistan as a teenager too. The location of a person and their religious or ethnic identity doesnt mean a whole lot. Just like many people I know who call themselves Christians but dont practice any of it aside from maybe Christmas.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
There's no doubt in my mind that if the people of the 1950s or 60s had any way of knowing how the future would unfold there would have been a resounding "NO!" to any immigration of moslems, period.

Hand over the immigration portfolio to the Assembly of First Nations. If they want moslems to continue to come to their lands, then it's good enough for me. And if they say "no more white people" too, then that's good enough for me, too.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hand over the immigration portfolio to the Assembly of First Nations. If they want moslems to continue to come to their lands, then it's good enough for me. And if they say "no more white people" too, then that's good enough for me, too.
The problem there is, the First Nations erroneously see a kindred spirit in Muslims.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Full sized here:

http://warmcove.org/ohloneprofiles/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Native_American_map.jpg

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
The problem there is, the First Nations erroneously see a kindred spirit in Muslims.
Quite erroneously then, as they would be considered infidels due for extermination right along with the rest of the non-islamic world.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
Many kids have died of peanut allergies... We said "enough is enough" and even to the sacrifice of thousands of other children who LOVE peanut butter, we took the steps to ban it from schools ... saving lives.... How many lives do islamists need to shed before we say enough?!
Would it be acceptable to close the border now and let existine islamist residents to live a happy life as they were already accepted in? Im AOK with that.. Im sure they would be as well!
Then they can continue on with thier "individual rights" etc.etc without killing anyone over a "Movie", or a cartoon, or whats next, a t-shirt??

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I was hoping you would say that... Look up "Infadel"... Its lower than the lowly Mr.Peanut.

This is Canada, not some backwater nation steered by religious doctrine and retarded social norms. Though I will admit, there are still an unfortunate number of dim wits here who would rather react than think.
Rabble Rabble - YouTube

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Well maybe restricting the moderates would compel them to take a more active role in controlling the radicals?

Keep treating them with kid gloves and there is no incentive for them to take an active part as they don't bare any of the risk while their more radical counterparts blow up people and things.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well maybe restricting the moderates would compel them to take a more active role in controlling the radicals?

Or, you show moderates that you're too inept, lazy, and stupid to deal with the problem yourself and end up turning away from the people you want to ally with. You don't treat allies the same as you treat people who want to harm you, do you? That's pretty phucked up.

This idea of closing the border is so unbelievably stupid.