Rob Ford wants you to come to his backyard party

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'm busy but you all have a good time now.

Mayor Rob Ford is going to need a lot of hamburgers.

He invited the “whole city” to his annual Ford Fest party in his mother’s Etobicoke backyard during a radio interview with Newstalk1010 on Tuesday.

Ford said they usually have the barbecue on a Sunday, but this year’s barbecue will be on Friday, Sept. 7.

There will be hot dogs, hamburgers, beer, pop and even pony rides for kids, the mayor added.

“We’ll have a great time,” he said.

When asked how many people he can fit in the backyard, Ford said the event draws “close to 5,000 people.”

“People come and go, so it’s not all at one time,” the mayor said.

Last year, hundreds of people, mostly Ford supporters, showed up to the event. Some wore black “Fordfest Rocks” t-shirts.

High-profile attendees included Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak, who was running an election campaign at the time, and boxer George Chuvalo. Provincial election candidates from other parties also attended and spoke at Ford Fest.

The mayor also gave a speech, where he recited a list of accomplishments.

The night was capped off with a fireworks display.

Mayor Rob Ford wants you to come to his backyard party - thestar.com

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
The only people invited to Millers BBQ was the Union leaders and Union memebers. It was 100% closed to the public and started the pay-increase for the Unions.. Good for Rob Ford for bringing humility and transparency to the Mayors seat...
The Toronto Star will do ANYTHING to turn this into a fiasco.. I hope it turns out well for Rob

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The gays are coming to Ford's little party. Ought to be a blast! ;-)

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
I used to have no issues with the Toronto gays scene.. They had thier little get together/parade thing and now they are threatening to crash this BBQ.. I am loosing all respect for the Gays and lesbians in Toronto.. Rob, Strip the funding from that freak show and give them a reason to be upset...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'd love to see him and Enza have the last dance.

Maybe the long-assed ones we used to love to use in order to grind a boner into the closing dance chick in school.

Stairway to Heaven would do fine.

He and Enza could sword dance a bit.

Tweetastic.