PM complicit in climate, shootings

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Had to post this just for the lulz man. :lol:

Via sda:
So the Toronto Star doesn't screen out letters from the clinically insane....

Many opinions have been expressed about the shooting of 24 people in a Toronto community housing project, and the shooting of 82 in a Colorado movie theatre. Admirably, the CBC is explored the role of extremely high temperatures as a trigger for violent behaviour. I know that living in a small, hot, airless room would motivate me to strike out at people.

Other organizations are exploring the “pistolization” of North American society; i.e., gun availability and the media’s role in legitimizing their use. The time has come to recognize Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s part in both of these scenarios.

Extremely hot weather has been allowed to escalate, because Mr. Harper pretends there is no such thing as climate change, having cut funding for many scientific studies, and having denied climate scientists access to media, without PMO approval, despite increasing evidence of species extinction (bats, frogs, bees, etc.), extreme heat (severe drought causing massive crop losses) and freakish weather (disastrous flooding and increase in tornadoes). Mr. Harper can take credit for blocking serious efforts by scientists who wanted the Canadian government to deal with this impending disaster.

The pistolization of Canadian society has increased because Mr. Harper has consistently argued for Canadians’ right to own long guns. Media talk seldom distinguishes between handguns and long guns, although some U.S. press reports emphasize that the Colorado shooter was able to wreak severe damage with both.

Many leaders, including American presidents, have been assassinated with long guns, so Mr. Harper’s naivete on the subject astounds. Most importantly, because many media reports simply repeat Harper’s words without comment, a clear debate about the idiocy of abandoning the long gun registry is lost on many.

Canada’s disaffected youth only hear the message that everyone should have the right to own a gun. By destroying an important piece of Canadian legislation, such as the Long Gun Registry Act, Mr. Harper and his government can now be regarded as accessories after the fact, aiding and abetting the increase in gun violence we are now seeing.

Because the Harper government, in these two areas, has played a large part in the rise of gun violence, it should do the decent thing and step down. Previously, gun violence in Canada has been held in check by government programs and regulations. This leader and his henchmen, however, have managed to abolish well-meaning legislation intended to protect the Canadian public.

How can a government, whose members’ ridings have shown widespread evidence of voter suppression techniques, such as robocalls, and outright fraud, accomplish such an outright abuse of power?

Furthermore, Mr. Harper’s singular lack of imagination in policies regarding the environment, and social policies, etc. show that he does not deserve his position of power. I pray that the justice system will quickly step in to remove illegitimate ministers, senators, and MPs by any logistical means possible, as quickly as possible. Injunctions, forbidding them from entering Parliament could be one such effective measure.

Some broad in , Toronto

PM complicit in climate, shootings - thestar.com

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Had to post this just for the lulz man. :lol:

Via sda:
So the Toronto Star doesn't screen out letters from the clinically insane....

Many opinions have been expressed about the shooting of 24 people in a Toronto community housing project, and the shooting of 82 in a Colorado movie theatre. Admirably, the CBC is explored the role of extremely high temperatures as a trigger for violent behaviour. I know that living in a small, hot, airless room would motivate me to strike out at people.

Other organizations are exploring the “pistolization” of North American society; i.e., gun availability and the media’s role in legitimizing their use. The time has come to recognize Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s part in both of these scenarios.

Extremely hot weather has been allowed to escalate, because Mr. Harper pretends there is no such thing as climate change, having cut funding for many scientific studies, and having denied climate scientists access to media, without PMO approval, despite increasing evidence of species extinction (bats, frogs, bees, etc.), extreme heat (severe drought causing massive crop losses) and freakish weather (disastrous flooding and increase in tornadoes). Mr. Harper can take credit for blocking serious efforts by scientists who wanted the Canadian government to deal with this impending disaster.

The pistolization of Canadian society has increased because Mr. Harper has consistently argued for Canadians’ right to own long guns. Media talk seldom distinguishes between handguns and long guns, although some U.S. press reports emphasize that the Colorado shooter was able to wreak severe damage with both.

Many leaders, including American presidents, have been assassinated with long guns, so Mr. Harper’s naivete on the subject astounds. Most importantly, because many media reports simply repeat Harper’s words without comment, a clear debate about the idiocy of abandoning the long gun registry is lost on many.

Canada’s disaffected youth only hear the message that everyone should have the right to own a gun. By destroying an important piece of Canadian legislation, such as the Long Gun Registry Act, Mr. Harper and his government can now be regarded as accessories after the fact, aiding and abetting the increase in gun violence we are now seeing.

Because the Harper government, in these two areas, has played a large part in the rise of gun violence, it should do the decent thing and step down. Previously, gun violence in Canada has been held in check by government programs and regulations. This leader and his henchmen, however, have managed to abolish well-meaning legislation intended to protect the Canadian public.

How can a government, whose members’ ridings have shown widespread evidence of voter suppression techniques, such as robocalls, and outright fraud, accomplish such an outright abuse of power?

Furthermore, Mr. Harper’s singular lack of imagination in policies regarding the environment, and social policies, etc. show that he does not deserve his position of power. I pray that the justice system will quickly step in to remove illegitimate ministers, senators, and MPs by any logistical means possible, as quickly as possible. Injunctions, forbidding them from entering Parliament could be one such effective measure.

Some broad in , Toronto

PM complicit in climate, shootings - thestar.com

And they pay her to write that- What a great scam.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Seems like a quite fair assessment to me. Harper is complicit in the things she accuses him of. In a country less populated by sheep than this, he would have been removed one way or another long ago.

Actually, since it was known before he achieved office that he intended to destroy the social fabric of Canada and that he was bound to oil over anything, he would never have been elected where there was any level of political literacy.

Her writing it the way she did is for effect. It is a technique perfected by Harper and Flanagan and enthusiastically embraced by the neoFascists of the CPC. Demonize the opposition with the most outrageous and egregious slanders and lies.

The difference is that this lady simply exaggerates the power of Harper to do harm.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Tell me, Are you less a sheep for following (Nay swallowing) left wing propaganda....than right wing propaganda?????????????

Are you still struggling to wake up?

You should be aware (or make yourself aware) about my posting. I use no propaganda. I give reasons for everything and evidence, too. Propaganda is for the Right Wingers only these days since they have nothing in the way of evidence or fact to support any of the CPC's declared intentions. The CPC is out of step with the whole world: even the USA is to the left of Harper (far to the left).. Harper is a throwback to 19th century liberalism with no regard for anything that has been learned since in economics or socially.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

You should be aware (or make yourself aware) about my posting. I use no propaganda. I give reasons for everything and evidence, too. Propaganda is for the Right Wingers only these days since they have nothing in the way of evidence or fact to support any of the CPC's declared intentions. The CPC is out of step with the whole world: even the USA is to the left of Harper (far to the left).. Harper is a throwback to 19th century liberalism with no regard for anything that has been learned since in economics or socially.
EAO, here's another post for you to neg rep.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

You should be aware (or make yourself aware) about my posting. I use no propaganda. I give reasons for everything and evidence, too. .
Your postings are just opinions with no more value than anyone else....and the evidence you think you are giving is just other leftards opinions and only evidence in your own mind.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Your postings are just opinions with no more value than anyone else....and the evidence you think you are giving is just other leftards opinions and only evidence in your own mind.

Anyone who thinks scientific evidence about climate change and empirical evidence about gun control is opinion is nuts.

Anyone who can use silly descriptions lke "leftards" is very much lacking in political savvy. Just a tool of the propagandists. An unwitting tool, perhaps, but a tool nevertheless.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Anyone who thinks scientific evidence about climate change and empirical evidence about gun control is opinion is nuts.
I agree.

But you haven't posted much scientific evidence about climate change, or empirical evidence about gun control.

Anyone who can use silly descriptions lke "leftards" is very much lacking in political savvy.
Anyone that equates the Harper gov't to Nazi's, not only completely lacks any sort of political savvy, but is a completely nuts, and is just a tool of the propagandists. An unwitting tool, perhaps, but a tool nevertheless.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I agree.

But you haven't posted much scientific evidence or empirical evidence about gun control.

Anyone that equates the Harper gov't to Nazi's, not only completely lacks any sort of political savvy, but is a completely nuts, and is just a tool of the propagandists. An unwitting tool, perhaps, but a tool nevertheless.
You took the words right out of my mouth....he just another progressive know-it-all...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Seems like a quite fair assessment to me. Harper is complicit in the things she accuses him of. In a country less populated by sheep than this, he would have been removed one way or another long ago.

Actually, since it was known before he achieved office that he intended to destroy the social fabric of Canada and that he was bound to oil over anything, he would never have been elected where there was any level of political literacy.

Her writing it the way she did is for effect. It is a technique perfected by Harper and Flanagan and enthusiastically embraced by the neoFascists of the CPC. Demonize the opposition with the most outrageous and egregious slanders and lies.

The difference is that this lady simply exaggerates the power of Harper to do harm.

Same way the Liberals did with their "Troops in every City" and by your posts I see the similarity of inflammatory and bogus crapola.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Anyone who can use silly descriptions lke "leftards" is very much lacking in political savvy. Just a tool of the propagandists. An unwitting tool, perhaps, but a tool nevertheless.

The simple fact that the left has for years, strongly supported little or no screening for immigration, eg, "nobody is illegal" and the fact that identifiable groups make a far far larger per capita contribution to gun violence. Is that even empirical evidence? Nope, it is fact. To use the occasional mentally ill person that instigates gun violence, actually rare, to paint a larger and proven many times safer group bright red while championing the failed experiment takes deep thought?

And your continuous railing against the "Harper" government is political savvy?

I have had numerous issues with center right and center left governments. (We have not had an actual right wing government in many decades and those who would say we have are so far left that being ambidextrous is a pipe dream.) I would take some good from each. I take no good from far left.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Not much to go on there. Does anybody have an intelligent contribution. You don't have to agree but you do have to show that some thought goes into it.

Like we have not had an actual Right Wing government in many decades when what we "actually" have is the most Right Wing government the West has seen since WWII.

Harper is a red eyed libertarian when he is not being a duplicitous self aggrandiser. Just because he has not been able to force all his voodoo economic practises on the country and inflict his Victorian morality and social instincts yet, does not make him any the less Right Wing. He will do it as he can as the Omnibus Bill showed. That went a big step towards removing environmental and economic protections from Canada. His funding changes have moved along his antediluvian social agenda.