Ethics watchdog clears Clement

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA - Treasury Board President Tony Clement's cameo role in an infomercial for a company in his central Ontario riding won't incur the wrath of Canada's ethics commissioner.

New Democrat MP Pat Martin had accused Clement of a conflict of interest by providing a friend with a "celebrity endorsement" in the 2008 video that promotes a Parry Sound-Muskoka chemical company in China.

In a report released Wednesday, ethics commissioner Mary Dawson says she found little to back up the claim that Clement was a friend of the owner of Lord & Partners, putting the minister in a conflict of interest.

"I found no evidence to suggest that Mr. Clement appeared in the video for any reason other than to assist a Canadian company based in his riding," Dawson says in the report.

more

Ethics watchdog clears Clement | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
I sure as hell wish Pat Martin and the NDP would bring something to the table. Its a shame that in this day and age the sheer lack accountability and corruption within the NDP goes un-accounted for. The fraud and lack of visibility into thier election funding is sounding like collusion and all they can do is point and wag a finger at the Federal Tories?

Its about time elections canada broke into this corrupt gang of thieves.

Tony Clement should take Pat Martin to court for Slander.

OTTAWA - Treasury Board President Tony Clement's cameo role in an infomercial for a company in his central Ontario riding won't incur the wrath of Canada's ethics commissioner.

New Democrat MP Pat Martin had accused Clement of a conflict of interest by providing a friend with a "celebrity endorsement" in the 2008 video that promotes a Parry Sound-Muskoka chemical company in China.

In a report released Wednesday, ethics commissioner Mary Dawson says she found little to back up the claim that Clement was a friend of the owner of Lord & Partners, putting the minister in a conflict of interest.

"I found no evidence to suggest that Mr. Clement appeared in the video for any reason other than to assist a Canadian company based in his riding," Dawson says in the report.

more

Ethics watchdog clears Clement | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The dippers are so busy making themselves look foolish they are not providing an effective opposition. It would appear that they are not comfortable with their new status and wish to remain a fringe group.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
The latest poll in Quebec has the Liberals actually GAINING by 12 percent in a recent poll (ipsos?) on the NDP. NDP are slipping fast. The voters whom elected the NDP in the last election are also seeing the lack of transparency an issue it seems with the NDP party

The dippers are so busy making themselves look foolish they are not providing an effective opposition. It would appear that they are not comfortable with their new status and wish to remain a fringe group.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I sure as hell wish Pat Martin and the NDP would bring something to the table. Its a shame that in this day and age the sheer lack accountability and corruption within the NDP goes un-accounted for. The fraud and lack of visibility into thier election funding is sounding like collusion and all they can do is point and wag a finger at the Federal Tories?

Its about time elections canada broke into this corrupt gang of thieves.

Tony Clement should take Pat Martin to court for Slander.
You give new meaning to hyperbole. Of all the ridiculous comments this takes the biscuit.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The latest poll in Quebec has the Liberals actually GAINING by 12 percent in a recent poll (ipsos?) on the NDP. NDP are slipping fast. The voters whom elected the NDP in the last election are also seeing the lack of transparency an issue it seems with the NDP party
Lack of transparency in NDP? Take off the blinders.... Harper ran on the platform and has yet to wash the windshield.

How fast they bury a clusterf*ck Bill....

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
It was well understood what platform he ran on to win over the majority of Canadaians and get his Majority party status. That "clusterf*ck" bill was just what we needed and voted him in on.

Now back to the lack of transparency andcollusion in the NDP group.. We still have no idea on what figures the Unions supported them on . Canadainas have asked for this, the NDP has shrugged their shoulders. Its treasonous and a complete lack of accountability is thrown in the faces of Canadians. Shame...

Lack of transparency in NDP? Take off the blinders.... Harper ran on the platform and has yet to wash the windshield. How fast they bury a clusterf*ck Bill....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Now back to the lack of transparency andcollusion in the NDP group.. We still have no idea on what figures the Unions supported them on . Canadainas have asked for this, the NDP has shrugged their shoulders. Its treasonous and a complete lack of accountability is thrown in the faces of Canadians. Shame...
That sounds interesting...

Do you have more information on that subject?

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
No! Thats the shame of it! The Tories andthe Liberals have released the figure so to account and show transparency to the citizens of Canada. The NDP still refuse to release the numbers.. Its a sad state when what is called the "Official opposition" can manipulate the plrliament to such an extent.

That sounds interesting...

Do you have more information on that subject?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It was well understood what platform he ran on to win over the majority of Canadaians and get his Majority party status. That "clusterf*ck" bill was just what we needed and voted him in on.

It's better understood that Harper promised transparency two elections ago - and fixed date elections so no party could take advantage of favourable conditions - then promptly broke both. I have nothing against Conservatives. I do against spoiled brat politics.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
I thought that the opposition forced an election? When the other parties force an election, I dont consider that breaking a promiss. I consider that as the opposition having no regard for the will of the people! And im kinda sure that the fresh Tory Majority echo's that!

It's better understood that Harper promised transparency two elections ago - and fixed date elections so no party could take advantage of favourable conditions - then promptly broke both. I have nothing against Conservatives. I do against spoiled brat politics.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
So you'll happily follow in Harpie's fartzone because the Opposition did what Opposition was supposed to do ... yet condemn the Opposition for not being good Opposition otherwise? That sounds a lot like spoiled brat politics.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
Not at all! There are many policies that I do not agree with the Tories on.. But, when you say he "broke his promiss"... I suggest you look at the facts of the last election. Thats all.. Fact are facts.... thats what is so great about them.

To date, the Tories have been very transparent... Your point simply re-enforces the oppositions desire to cloud the facts with FUD..

So you'll happily follow in Harpie's fartzone because the Opposition did what Opposition was supposed to do ... yet condemn the Opposition for not being good Opposition otherwise? That sounds a lot like spoiled brat politics.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Not at all! There are many policies that I do not agree with the Tories on.. But, when you say he "broke his promiss"... I suggest you look at the facts of the last election. Thats all.. Fact are facts.... thats what is so great about them.

To date, the Tories have been very transparent... Your point simply re-enforces the oppositions desire to cloud the facts with FUD..
Your 'facts' or facts?