Rob Ford's chief of staff steps down

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Rob Ford's chief of staff steps down

Mayor Rob Ford's second chief of staff since he was elected less than two years ago is stepping down.

Amir Remtulla, who replaced Ford's campaign manager Nick Kouvalis in February last year, is leaving July 20 to take a job with the 2015 Pan Am Games.

"Amir has brought tremendous leadership to my team," Ford said in a statement. "His experience, advice and dedication to his work will be missed. I would like to thank him for his service and helping move a number of major accomplishments through council. I wish him all the best in his new role."

Remtulla said in a statement that he was proud to serve for Ford.

"As a result, Toronto taxpayers now know that their dollars are being spent wisely and that customer service is improving," he said.

Rob Ford's chief of staff steps down - Toronto - CBC News

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Chiefs of staff step down regularly for most pols; non-story.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
"As a result, Toronto taxpayers now know that their dollars are being spent wisely and that customer service is improving," he said.

Ford does everything behind closed doors, unless he's a saint(which he isn't) I think it's highly likely that in the coming years we're going to be hearing about what a complete crook he was.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It's somewhat of a joke for someone to say this

When they are leaving to work for 2015 PanAm Games.

Certainly will be the opposite of spending wisely, that's for sure.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ford does everything behind closed doors, unless he's a saint(which he isn't) I think it's highly likely that in the coming years we're going to be hearing about what a complete crook he was.

I know very little (& I care very little about...) Toronto politics, but the camps
around this dude are very polarized, & I believe we'll be hearing about what
a complete crook this guy is in the coming years, whether his is one or not.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
I know very little (& I care very little about...) Toronto politics, but the camps
around this dude are very polarized, & I believe we'll be hearing about what
a complete crook this guy is in the coming years, whether his is one or not.

Of course the camps are polarized, he completely shuts out anyone who isn't completely dedicated to him, it's not the kind of behaviour that in the past has resulted in honest and open government.

Walter must be totally in love with the guy, I always get a hands down when I post anything about Ford.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Of course the camps are polarized, he completely shuts out anyone who isn't completely dedicated to him, it's not the kind of behaviour that in the past has resulted in honest and open government.

Walter must be totally in love with the guy, I always get a hands down when I post anything about Ford.

He gives you a hand job whenever you post about Ford?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

That's because, as usual, you haven't a clue of what you're talking about. Let the GTA folks duke it out about Ford.

He gives you a hand job whenever you post about Ford?
He loves it.