Ontario doctors face wage cuts, clawbacks in government proposal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Ontario government wants to cut hundreds of millions of dollars in payments to its doctors through fee cuts, fee clawbacks and the elimination of funding for some health-care services, medical groups said Sunday amid an escalating conflict over physician compensation in the province.

The government’s get-tough approach in contract talks is likely to be watched carefully by other jurisdictions, coming after several years in which physicians across Canada have seen their incomes rise significantly.

Ontario’s Liberal government has repeatedly said it is seeking to freeze physician payment over the next two years, in line with a pay cap it has proposed for all public-sector workers.

more

Ontario doctors face wage cuts, clawbacks in government proposal | News | National Post

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does ON have one of those "phone an RN, before hitting the Doc up for your stubbed toe" toll free lines?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You forgot morphine for the agony of the stiubbed toe and week long hospital stay. If we still had those cranky, bitter, miserable, married to an asshole drunk war bride nurses, far less would use the ER for stubbed toes.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You forgot morphine for the agony of the stiubbed toe and week long hospital stay.

Absolutely... The critical care unit for me please, a couple weeks RnR will fix that toe... And can't they do something about the food? I expect quality no less than the best 5-star in town provides.

If we still had those cranky, bitter, miserable, married to an asshole drunk war bride nurses, far less would use the ER for stubbed toes.

Chances are that the patient was one of the cranky nurse's husbands... That's the last place they want to be.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Absolutely... The critical care unit for me please, a couple weeks RnR will fix that toe... And can't they do something about the food? I expect quality no less than the best 5-star in town provides.
I kinda like SYSCO pre-made food. There is nothing better when it comes to camp food wchich is the same **** sold in a downtown hotel. I guess it just tastes better after a 15 hr shift or when travelling than it does when you're laying around in a hospital feeling sorry for yourself and expecting to be waited on hand and stubbed toe?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I kinda like SYSCO pre-made food. There is nothing better when it comes to camp food wchich is the same **** sold in a downtown hotel. I guess it just tastes better after a 15 hr shift or when travelling than it does when you're laying around in a hospital feeling sorry for yourself and expecting to be waited on hand and stubbed toe?

... Ahhhh, I beg to differ on this.

I'm almost certain that it is my Charter right to get a private chef and serving staff in my my private room.... There had better be a decent view and satellite TV; that's a right too if I'm not mistaken

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Does ON have one of those "phone an RN, before hitting the Doc up for your stubbed toe" toll free lines?

Yes. They are next to useless. You spend 20 minutes with them and they either transfer you to 911 or tell you to goto an ER. The ER nurses don't exacly speek highly of them either.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You forgot morphine for the agony of the stiubbed toe and week long hospital stay. If we still had those cranky, bitter, miserable, married to an asshole drunk war bride nurses, far less would use the ER for stubbed toes.

Jeez Petros. That still happen out there?

Herr Harris took care of that here years ago. ER visits have been pared to the bone (no pun intended), staff has been reduced, and money for hospitals has been reduced.

On my last trip to the ER (wife was in kidney failure), all I saw was really sick people, most with no family doctor..........yep, I asked.

These Lib nazis who are now running the province stead of the Con nazis, seem to want to drive our docs down south.

We should be careful what we wish for.

Long as a doc provides good care, I wish the OMA would train more of them. Don't particularly care if they make half a million a year.

If we had JOBS (offshored don ya know), we could afford to pay for the health care..................like we usta.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Jeez Petros. That still happen out there?
Dig this... a small town outside of Regina no longer has EMS service because too many were calling the meatwagon to get a ride into the city by saying their kid swallowed cleaning chemicals.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes. They are next to useless. You spend 20 minutes with them and they either transfer you to 911 or tell you to goto an ER. The ER nurses don't exacly speek highly of them either.

Of course they're useless. It would be colossaly stupid to diagnose anyone over the telephone. What can they possibly tell you aside from call 911 or go to the emergency room?

It's just another money wasting idea from government to make us think they're doing something while they turn around and cut services.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Dig this... a small town outside of Regina no longer has EMS service because too many were calling the meatwagon to get a ride into the city by saying their kid swallowed cleaning chemicals.

Around here certain parents used to drop their kids off at the ER with some "illness", then go play bingo.

That got shut down a few years ago.

A diagnosis should reveal no chemicals were swallowed and the cops should be called.

Always will hav'em.

goddamit.:sad4:...........they'd be the first ones to cry about being refused treatment.